Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

The trial version of Madden NFL 17 is available now for EA Access subscribers.

NOTE: It appears as though it isn't showing up for everyone in the EA Access hub. If you don’t see Madden NFL 17 in the hub, try searching for it in the Store, then download the trial or try a few tips from OS readers in this thread.

UPDATE: (8-18) It looks like users that pre-ordered and pre-downloaded are having issues accessing it. Hopefully EA and Microsoft can get that fixed sometime today.

REMINDER: You get 10 hours of gameplay, so make sure you exit out of the game if you are not playing. Don't pause and lose those precious minutes.

For those of you that can download it, play a few games and let us know what you think!

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 Skyhook71 @ 08/19/16 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hofields
Are you sure? I know that was the case before but the wording on the new welcome prompt has me wondering if they've made a change it presents two options:

Play Trial
Or
Upgrade to full version

��������
Yes! Exactly what made me think that you now have the ability to just upgrade to the full version and play early.

# 62 RoyalBoyle78 @ 08/19/16 10:07 AM
I will go into more detail later. After playing last night this by far the best Madden EVER . I'm so satisfied with the game.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

# 63 SolidSquid @ 08/19/16 10:23 AM
I'm down to 2 hours left on Acess can someone walk me through getting another 10?

# 64 therealsmallville @ 08/19/16 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhook71
Yes! Exactly what made me think that you now have the ability to just upgrade to the full version and play early.

If you "upgrade to full", that is when they charge your card but you can't play it indefinitely. Click "trial" to play the 10 hours of access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 65 spoofrice11 @ 08/19/16 03:06 PM
I haven't bought a Madden game in a few years, but got to to play Madden 17 a little bit and would like some advice and answers...

- I started a Franchise (that's pretty much all I play on sports game). But only I was only able to control 1 team, how do you control more than 1? Also, are there no options? (Settings were very limited.) Can we not re-arrange Fantasy Draft order, Force trades (couldn't trade 2 better players and a pick for a lower rated player rated in the 80s), what about relocating teams? I guess I am used to NBA 2K and haven't played Madden in a few years but was considering getting this year's game.

- Saving... How can you save when you want? Sometimes I like to sim to the future just to see how things might go and then quit without saving (because I play my games). But it seems to auto save, and don't see how you could even make a duplicate save of your Franchise.

- Disappointed that there was no Create a team (replace a team)? Think it will be in there next year, more like MyLeague in NBA 2K?

- Had Mariota at QB, I could take off early and run for yards, but if there was pressure it was like I was like he was P Manning with no chance to get away.

- I didn't feel like I had much control on defense and ended up simulating the possessions in the 2nd half of my game.

# 66 TheWolf1113 @ 08/19/16 05:57 PM
To a few posts I've seen...it is possible to continue playing with the gamer tag that's first used with a second account trial....im through week ten already in my franchise

# 67 bodean @ 08/19/16 07:40 PM
So I preordered through EA Access. I am running the 10 hour trial right now. I get pop up screen sometimes asking to continue trial, or purchase full version. Should I hit purchase full version even though I already preordered it from EAAccess and it loaded on my system?

Also, do achievements unlock with the trial? Do they carry over to the final game release?

# 68 bodean @ 08/20/16 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodean
So I preordered through EA Access. I am running the 10 hour trial right now. I get pop up screen sometimes asking to continue trial, or purchase full version. Should I hit purchase full version even though I already preordered it from EAAccess and it loaded on my system?

Also, do achievements unlock with the trial? Do they carry over to the final game release?

Any ideas?

# 69 Lakers 24 7 @ 08/20/16 08:19 PM
Pretty sure the timer is glitched somehow, it would always come up with an error every time I started the game. No way I went through 10 hours after 6 H2H matches with accelerated clock.

# 70 Datninja619 @ 08/20/16 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
Pretty sure the timer is glitched somehow, it would always come up with an error every time I started the game. No way I went through 10 hours after 6 H2H matches with accelerated clock.
The timer also runs if you don't close the app completely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

# 71 JBH3 @ 08/20/16 10:08 PM
This thing is all jacked up. By the time they fix it the actual game will be out. Fail.

I got it to work through access on Friday and played for 6 hours, although the time in my achievements menu show about 3. Now I can't get back in, and I closed the app out judiciously when I wasn't playing. I have hard reset twice. I was digital preorder (mistake).

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

# 72 mrprice33 @ 08/20/16 10:15 PM
Quote:

You should not buy it again.

Cheevos should unlock

# 73 Skyhook71 @ 08/20/16 10:38 PM
I believe another way to double check the time played on M17. Is to go into your achievements and there should be a box at the top right corner that displays "Time Played".

I'm at 5hours and 4 mins. So I'm half way through my trial.

# 74 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/21/16 12:53 AM
Is the trial only available before the game is officially released, or can I try it out with the 10-hour trial any time?

# 75 spoofrice11 @ 08/21/16 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
Is the trial only available before the game is officially released, or can I try it out with the 10-hour trial any time?
You can use your 10 hours any time with EA Access.

# 76 spoofrice11 @ 08/21/16 01:20 AM
I haven't bought a Madden game in a few years, but got to to play Madden 17 a little bit and would like some advice and answers...

- Are there not really any options? (Settings were very limited.) Can we not re-arrange Fantasy Draft order, Force trades (couldn't trade 2 better players and a pick for a lower rated player rated in the 80s), have to wait to replace a team? I guess I am used to NBA 2K and haven't played Madden in a few years but was considering getting this year's game.

- Saving... How can you save when you want? Sometimes I like to sim to the future just to see how things might go and then quit without saving (because I play my games). But it seems to auto save.

- Disappointed that there was no Create a team (replace a team)? Think it will be in there next year, more like MyLeague in NBA 2K?

- Had Mariota at QB, I could take off early and run for yards, but if there was pressure it was like I was like he was P Manning with no chance to get away.

- I didn't feel like I had much control on defense and ended up simulating the possessions in the 2nd half of my game.

- Anyone else find it annoying to hold down A to skip cutscenes, instead of it skipping quickly? I don't ever watch that stuff, I want to play the when I'm playing and not waste time.

# 77 kiz5 @ 08/21/16 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoofrice11

- Are there not really any options? (Settings were very limited.) Can we not re-arrange Fantasy Draft order, Force trades (couldn't trade 2 better players and a pick for a lower rated player rated in the 80s), have to wait to replace a team? I guess I am used to NBA 2K and haven't played Madden in a few years but was considering getting this year's game.

- Saving... How can you save when you want? Sometimes I like to sim to the future just to see how things might go and then quit without saving (because I play my games). But it seems to auto save.

- Anyone else find it annoying to hold down A to skip cutscenes, instead of it skipping quickly? I don't ever watch that stuff, I want to play the when I'm playing and not waste time.
You're pretty much spot on with everything there.

Have logged 18 games or so, with a full Sunday to go still but I feel like I really am lacking control on d more than usual. I've got a few user picks that I truthfully didn't think I was in control of.

With cut scenes, I really wish you could input your preferences and especially when you play online, they match you up with others the same way.

# 78 ryanryanryan @ 08/21/16 09:42 AM
I have no idea why that timer is screwed up. I know all about fully closing games so the timer stops but I played maybe about 4 hours (tops), fully closed the game all the times I was finished, and my 10 hour trial still went by in about 4 somehow. Annoying.

# 79 datni99achris @ 08/21/16 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanryanryan
I have no idea why that timer is screwed up. I know all about fully closing games so the timer stops but I played maybe about 4 hours (tops), fully closed the game all the times I was finished, and my 10 hour trial still went by in about 4 somehow. Annoying.
You are not alone...The trial button is gone for me and i only played 3 games and some skill trainers that equated to 2 hours and 48 minutes....7 hours gone for no reason....

# 80 OhMrHanky @ 08/21/16 11:07 AM
Quote:
Any ideas?

Press 'continue trial,' it worked for me. I'm almost done with 10 hours, now. But, yes, each time u enter the game, u need to 'continue trial'. They are also trying to sell u the game here. I also pre-ordered and saw the same message.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.