Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Chris Smoove has posted some off-screen video footage of NBA 2K17 from Gamescom.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 141 MarkWilliam @ 08/19/16 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Lack of muscle definition really makes it look a lot worse then what it really is, 2k cant seem to find that happy median when it comes to player bodies, I thought KD looked pretty good last year but I guess we been complaining about a skinnier Durant for so long then 2k said fine make him extra skinny and call it a day.

We get what we ask for, just not quite...
I too thought he was ok last year. I think the shoulders are too square. Somehow it's been misconstrued to mean, make him third world hungry.

Listen, all fuss aside, broadcast cam, it's fine I suppose.

Just sayin..... hard to argue.

# 142 MarkWilliam @ 08/19/16 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
I think he uses Body Type 2 which KD also had in in 2K16, but for some reason it look much better on Ross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man the shoulders to me..... guys got some Dwight delts. The bicep (unless it's just me) looks ok. Maybe a little too much. But the problem to me definitely was too much delts/broad shoulders.

My opinion anyway.

Edit: Speaking of KD of course

# 143 phenom2311 @ 08/19/16 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjrchris2
It went from guys looking too fat to now not having butts? Man oh man. The complaints on here. Smh
It's not really a new complaint. It's also a very valid complaint/suggestion. That body part is extremely important to an athlete. Especially an athletic basketball player. Some players like Rick Mahorn, Mark Aguirre, and Charles Barkley to name a few, utilized it to improve their game or specific skill. Whether that was rebounding (Mahorn, Barkley) or shooting in the post (Aguirre). In Madden, they believe it's important enough to have a slider adjustment for it. 2K used to have a slider for it as well, waaaaay back when they had slider for various body parts (something they need to bring back). The bottom line is, folks want accuracy from head to toe, and with today's tech there is no excuse for not being super accurate. There is nothing wrong with wanting and demanding accuracy. Especially considering how close and accurate they get with faces. Body types should be equally important.

# 144 magicman32 @ 08/19/16 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Lack of muscle definition really makes it look a lot worse then what it really is, 2k cant seem to find that happy median when it comes to player bodies, I thought KD looked pretty good last year but I guess we been complaining about a skinnier Durant for so long then 2k said fine make him extra skinny and call it a day.

We get what we ask for, just not quite...
I didn't realize people were complaining. SMH. I agree he was fine last year.

# 145 DBMcGee3 @ 08/19/16 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopoffthiscliff
Looks really good. Durant is appropriately skinny and player models don't look too brolic. Much better than the screenshots. :app
Appropriately skinny? C'mon now.

# 146 Mauer4MVP @ 08/19/16 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Appropriately skinny? C'mon now.
He's slightly too skinny. Give him muscle definition and it would fix it. He looks really good, though.

# 147 ForeverVersatile @ 08/19/16 02:18 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 148 MarkWilliam @ 08/19/16 02:27 PM
If third world KD pulls that backboard down on dunks I'm done....

# 149 Teddy_Long @ 08/19/16 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam

that's going to be the updated body type on paul george.

# 150 Crunky @ 08/19/16 02:47 PM
His arms are slightly thin but if he had muscle definition he would look alot better.

# 151 23 @ 08/19/16 07:13 PM
Ill Rock with that KD , just like I did with the one last year.

I just felt his waist area was too wide, which it was., but otherwise ok..he was still kinda beefy though in that first released screen.

Anyway, Durant is the last dude to worry about, sans the shorts he has on that looks like a wet diaper

# 152 cmebfresh @ 08/19/16 07:21 PM
All it takes is one patch

# 153 vtcha @ 08/19/16 07:26 PM
If they can just slightly increase the mass of KD's biceps/triceps, then it'll be on point.

# 154 swac07 @ 08/19/16 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Ill Rock with that KD , just like I did with the one last year.

I just felt his waist area was too wide, which it was., but otherwise ok..he was still kinda beefy though in that first released screen.

Anyway, Durant is the last dude to worry about, sans the shorts he has on that looks like a wet diaper
That is a more "recent " pic than the one everyone is using to compare kd with..theres no muscle definition in his arms just straight lanky-ness..So I definitely give them the nod in 2k17 on his model now

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

# 155 23 @ 08/19/16 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
If third world KD pulls that backboard down on dunks I'm done....
Hilarious man.

You know they love KD at 2k man. Hes a warrior now.

I don't want the art team making him fatter.

# 156 The 24th Letter @ 08/19/16 10:08 PM
Hey I just noticed that players werent forced into contested animation jumpers pulling up with guys fairly close to them...thats a plus...

# 157 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 08/19/16 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjrchris2
It went from guys looking too fat to now not having butts? Man oh man. The complaints on here. Smh
You can call it complaining all you want but he's right though. He's pointing out something that 2K player models have been lacking & what's wrong with that?

# 158 alecast @ 08/20/16 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akacmac911

Chris Smoove has posted some off-screen video footage of NBA 2K17 from Gamescom.
This guy is so annoying.

# 159 tsbmolina @ 08/20/16 02:13 PM

via GIPHY

Love the rythym and smoothness of the pass, catch, and shot

# 160 GisherJohn24 @ 08/20/16 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcha
If they can just slightly increase the mass of KD's biceps/triceps, then it'll be on point.

yep. He's probably got the longest and lankiest arms in the NBA and it's a work in progress, but he stands out and easily recognized on 2k and I like how he looks. Just add a little definition, they will be good.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.