Home
F1 2016 News Post

F1 2016 arrives today for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. Check out the launch trailer here.

If you get the game, let us know what you think.

Quote:
Featuring all of the official teams, drivers and circuits from this thrilling 2016 season, we’re very happy to tell you that F1 2016 boasts the most extensive Career Mode ever seen in the franchise. Stretching for up to ten seasons, you’ll be able to Create Your Own Legend, working with your Research and Development Engineer and Agent to get the most out of your time in FORMULA ONE™.

With action both on and off the track, we believe that F1 2016 is the most complete FORMULA ONE experience we’ve ever created. For the first time you’ll experience the pre-race tension of the Formation Lap, before the drama of manual starts. During the racing the iconic Safety Car makes a return and is complemented by the new Virtual Safety Car.

For the first time in the franchise, you’ll also be able to edit your field of view on not just the offset t-cam, but the t-cam as well across all platforms. This means you’ll be able to adjust the field of view to exactly how you’d like in F1 2016.

Online, F1 2016 has support for up to 22 players, allowing you to create full grids of human players. The brand new Multiplayer Championship Mode will also allow up to 22 players to compete against each other over the course of a season. You’ll be able to race together as team mates or battle it out as different teams.

In our saveable Multiplayer Championships, the host will be able to remove drivers, or substitute one driver for another. AI drivers are optional as well. Not only that, but you’ll also be able to quit and resume in between any session.

This will be the first time that you’ll be able to race the thrilling Baku street circuit, the home of the 2016 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE, and drive for the new US-based Haas F1 Team.

Available now, F1 2016 Limited Edition includes the ‘CAREER BOOSTER’ DLC PACK, which will give players a head start in their career as well as exclusive Career Helmet and Laptop designs.

Game: F1 2016Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 Solidice @ 08/20/16 04:11 PM
I had a great Bahrain GP finishing 4th, with my teammate 6th, had a great tire strategy that gave me a good finish, but I minimized the game and that ended up crashing the game, losing the race.

don't think this game has borderless window, which i normally would use.

the differing tire strategies the AI use makes for a good race.

I flipped my strategy to start with the medium tire*+(hardest for the event), lead most of the first stint due to most AI pitting early, I used the clean air to take it easy and made my tires last a long time, then using soft for middle stint and finishing with supersoft with rich fuel mix to finish it out. nearly took 3rd at the end as Riccardo was on Mediums.

hopefully can pull off a similar finish in the redo.

# 22 Solidice @ 08/20/16 08:17 PM
not as good on 2nd attempt.
apparently that crashed messed up the qualifying order. me and Romain qualified 13th and 14th, but after the game crash, we started 21st and 22nd?

I just played it off as a grid penalty.

had a great start, getting most of the position back and getting around where I should have started.

video

similar to before, I started with Medium tires. after 5-6 laps, was by myself cruising in 2nd.
pitted on lap 14, came out in 12th, passed a couple of cars with the fresh tires, then the other pitted again ahead.
lead for a couple of Laps, Rosberg and Vettel came up fast, I just let them go. took my last pit stop at lap 25 to take Supersofts.
luckily the safety car came out right after coming out to bunch up the field, unfortunately, the reason for the safety car was that Romain blew an engine.

video below was the restart and finish.

# 23 lnin0 @ 08/20/16 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Interesting video review of the game from Inside Sim Racing. Covers PC, PS4, X1 If you don't want to watch the entire video you can go to the 26:20 mark and get the recommendations for which platforms the game runs best on. Further back you can see it run on each platform and he gives the good and bad. This guy recommend staying away from the X1 version for now.

https://youtu.be/O8E0vtQCN8A
PC master race...blah blah blah. Got it but what exactly is wrong with X1 version? It doesn't look as pretty as his maxed out PC? He had some problem with a wheel config that seems to be a bug across more than the Xbox platform? I should have known for a video titled "Should You Buy F1 2016 on the PC, PS4 or Xbox One" that talks about nothing platform specific until the last 4 minutes that it would be a worthless review.

Guess I'll just have to wait for DF to give me some real facts on how the game actually performs on the various systems.

# 24 extremeskins04 @ 08/20/16 11:16 PM
What about the engine sounds of the cars? Do they sound like their real life counterparts?

# 25 Lieutenant Dan @ 08/21/16 12:02 AM
Picked this up at BB today after some trade-in goodness got me out the door for 17.50

But after playing the game for almost six hours, I'd gladly have paid pop for this. It's really damn good.

I've played this series every year, and this one is by far the most engaging and polished. The Career Mode is fantastic so far, and quite addictive with the whole earning points for R&D scheme. Everything counts, and it really gives a great point to Practice. This in turn means you'll practice more to run the gates, do the Tyre Challenge, and hit all of your team goals (not to mention the rival stuff!) and will make you more familiar with running the tracks, which will make for a better racing experience. Freakin' genius and well-implemented.

If you get this, just jump right in to Career mode and have fun. If you're brand new, watch all of the tutorials, and then run some time trials/practice laps and a couple of quick races before jumping in to Career so that you can set your assists and difficulty settings to what is good for you.

Usually Madden dominates my fall months once it hits (next week), as I'm a football-first guy. But this year, I feel certain F1 will get its time in.

# 26 Godgers12 @ 08/21/16 03:16 AM
Does this have local multiplayer?

# 27 Solidice @ 08/21/16 10:55 AM
I found out that if you push the tires too much, they will go flat. made for a terrible Chinese GP. that may have been in 15', but I didn't play it. Don't remember that happening to me in 14'.

also, the gap between Expert and Legend AI is ridiculous. I attempted to do Legend, but in the qualifying laps research thing, I was 2 seconds off the pace after 2 sectors, and that was with a great lap going for me.

I will need to get better and/or play around with custom setups first.

# 28 Earl1963 @ 08/21/16 05:06 PM
Got the PS4 version and so far I'm loving it and playing it non stop, lol. Great graphics with vivid colors, and the tracks are very detailed.

Bye

# 29 brandon27 @ 08/21/16 08:40 PM
Glad to hear this is much improved. Always have loved this series even as a not huge F1 fan. I was going to wait on picking it up because Madden is playing so good this year for me early on, but reading here, I can't wait. I'm just going to get it lol

# 30 Lieutenant Dan @ 08/21/16 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Glad to hear this is much improved. Always have loved this series even as a not huge F1 fan. I was going to wait on picking it up because Madden is playing so good this year for me early on, but reading here, I can't wait. I'm just going to get it lol
I don't watch the sport, either, but I love this game.

If you need to push yourself over the edge, just watch the movie "Rush"

# 31 Bullit @ 08/21/16 09:18 PM
Honestly, right now this is one of the best racing sims I have ever played. I was off today and I have literally played this game all day. Yup thats right all day. It is 9pm and I am just firing up The Show for the first time today.

Those of you that know me will be able to understand how rare that is.

# 32 Rules @ 08/21/16 09:48 PM
My new video card can't come fast enough. Looks like I could be up and going by Thursday night.

# 33 Lieutenant Dan @ 08/21/16 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Honestly, right now this is one of the best racing sims I have ever played. I was off today and I have literally played this game all day. Yup thats right all day. It is 9pm and I am just firing up The Show for the first time today.

Those of you that know me will be able to understand how rare that is.
( * mind blown *)

Best testimonial so far, cuz I know Bryan is all about that baseball!

# 34 JMD @ 08/22/16 09:25 AM
I'm still playing F1 2105. Is 16 a lot better? Would it be worth it for me to pick it up or keep playing 2015? thanks.

# 35 Earl1963 @ 08/22/16 11:43 AM
Is it possible to customize the weather in career mode? I never play career mode in most racing games because I cannot drive in the rain even if my life depended on.

Sent using a telephone

# 36 brandon27 @ 08/22/16 01:41 PM
Damn... hit 2 stores in this small town im working in today, sold out. Checked in store stock at Best Buy and EB Games/Gamestop in the city, sold out there too. Got one place left to call, but looks like Im waiting until they restock. Which, I guess is OK with Madden this week too. Bummer, was really hoping to get into it tonight.

# 37 Finn @ 08/22/16 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
Is it possible to customize the weather in career mode? I never play career mode in most racing games because I cannot drive in the rain even if my life depended on.

Sent using a telephone
I believe you have to have random/dynamic weather in career mode, but is fully customisable in other modes.

# 38 Godgers12 @ 08/22/16 10:54 PM
So, I won my very 1st race for team Red Bull, in amazing fashion. I was running 3rd in the Bahrain GP, with just over a lap left about 2 seconds off the pace. Hamilton and Rosberg were duking it out for the lead, then the unthinkable happened, they took each other out, and I went on by for the win. Serves them right lol.

# 39 Solidice @ 08/22/16 11:53 PM
I just finished the Canadian GP, probably one of my better overall races.

but my other races.
Australian GP - 2nd - got luck with the safety car coming out right after my only pit stop. all but Perez ahead of me were on 2 stopper, passed Perez after a long battle, Hamilon blew past me and won, I manged to hang on for 2nd, my teammate 3rd.

Bahrain GP - 5th - qualified 13th, but started 22nd after the game crashed at the end of the race and had to redo it. fought back with a 1 stopper, starting on the hard tire(a common strategy I used for all the races), finished 5th. Grojean blew an engine

China GP - 16th - blew a tire staying on the track too long. really had to fight back just to get 16th. Grojean had a nice race and finished 5th.

Russia GP - 3rd - rain in Q3 shook things up a lot, I got a quick lap in before it got real bad, got my first Pole. In the race, had a terrible start(missed a shift) and fell to 5th. a Mclaren slew down the pack behind me, in front of me Hamilton pitted an extra time and Vettel had an engine failure, so I ended up 3rd(barely, Hamilton nearly caught back up to pass me again). Russia is a fun track to race.

Spain GP - 6th - probably my most hated track right now. I just couldn't find any speed, qualified 17th. did my strategy of starting on hardest tire, changed to next tire down to finish and pushed hard as i could, some how ended up 6th. Don't remember much of who retired, was just glad it was over.

Monaco GP - 7th. Will have to admit, I spammed the flashback on this race. mostly because of the AI break checking really crazy. if I had an issue where it was my fault, i lived with it(broke part of my front wing that had to be replaced), but for those AI break check stuff, I used that flashback.
finished 7th, only because of some crazy passes I did at the end. my strategy of starting on hardest tire wasn't very good at the beginning. I had no grip to pass or get a run on anyone, and there was basically no tire wear at all. only reason to go to a harder tire was because of the regulation of using 2 compounds. It think the projection showed the ultrasoft nearly going all the way to the end. I think it's a fun track, but a pain with AI.

Canada GP - 4th - bad Qualifiying, I had some glitch where in Q2, my car felt like it was a wet track, but the AI was not affected. I've seen other have the issue on Youtube as well. so I didn't even finish a lap in Q2, started 16th.

had a great jump on the start, a couple of cars did not get off and stacked the field. was in top 10 in no time. did my 1 stopper starting on hardest tire, that seemed to work really well. came out of the pits on my stop around 9th, set fastest lap after fastest lap and got up to 5th behind Vettel. I dove it into the last chicane on the outside of Vettel, and ended up making contact and spun him out. felt bad about that. didn't know I spun him until I checked the replay. It kind of looked like he was letting me by, but I guess not. but the last 15 or so laps, I was just pushing the hard as I could to try and pass as many people as I could. I really like using my strategy of starting on hardest tire first, although can't really do that if you qualify inside the top 10 unless you somehow manage to do that by running hard tires in Q2 and still make it to Q3.

that puts me exactly 1/3 into the season. 4th in points, but 66 points behind Hamilton. my teammate Grojean in 7th in points. Hass is in 3rd in contructors points way behind Ferrari, and double that to Mercades. Mercades won all but 1 race in those 7 races.

on R&D, HASS is right in the middle currently, so we are over performing, but Grojean is right there with me except for Bahrain where he blew an engine, and Monaco, where AI didn't seem to be able to pass. so It doesn't appear I'm out performing by a bunch or anything. and the gap between Expert and Legend is so much, I would probably be finishing between 18-22 each race. I know I'm no where near Mercades and Ferrari, and can really only compete with Red Bull if I use tire strategy to my favor.

to compare with some people's career on Youtube, it seems i may be lucky and that Haas was the "surprise" team in my career. I've seen other where Toro Rosso were up there where Haas is in my and Hass in their's are bad. Niether Willaims driver even in top 10 in points in my career. It's Hamilton, Vettel(-23), then Roseburg(-25). Riccardo right on my heels 8 points behind.

The AI seem to have some wreck of their own, and have retirement here and there. I haven't had any engine blowouts yet, I've been told a couple of time that my engine was getting weaker, and it did go yellow in the damage screen. I had the puncture that ruined my Chinese GP. I would be right there with the 3 top guys if that didn't happen.

Overall, I've having a blast with the game. in past F1 games, for Career/season mode at least, I would have been bored by now. I do wish there was a way to see results from past races(I don't believe there is a way, I don't see it anyway), and maybe a way to save replays in game, like in NR 2003.

Baku is next, only saw the F1 race there, never race there in any game(if it has been in any game before).

# 40 Bullit @ 08/23/16 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
I'm still playing F1 2105. Is 16 a lot better? Would it be worth it for me to pick it up or keep playing 2015? thanks.
I never played 15 but from all I have heard 16 is a lot better especially in the career mode.

I can tell you from my experience this is one of the best racing sims I have played on a console.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.