Home
F1 2016 News Post

F1 2016 arrives today for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. Check out the launch trailer here.

If you get the game, let us know what you think.

Quote:
Featuring all of the official teams, drivers and circuits from this thrilling 2016 season, we’re very happy to tell you that F1 2016 boasts the most extensive Career Mode ever seen in the franchise. Stretching for up to ten seasons, you’ll be able to Create Your Own Legend, working with your Research and Development Engineer and Agent to get the most out of your time in FORMULA ONE™.

With action both on and off the track, we believe that F1 2016 is the most complete FORMULA ONE experience we’ve ever created. For the first time you’ll experience the pre-race tension of the Formation Lap, before the drama of manual starts. During the racing the iconic Safety Car makes a return and is complemented by the new Virtual Safety Car.

For the first time in the franchise, you’ll also be able to edit your field of view on not just the offset t-cam, but the t-cam as well across all platforms. This means you’ll be able to adjust the field of view to exactly how you’d like in F1 2016.

Online, F1 2016 has support for up to 22 players, allowing you to create full grids of human players. The brand new Multiplayer Championship Mode will also allow up to 22 players to compete against each other over the course of a season. You’ll be able to race together as team mates or battle it out as different teams.

In our saveable Multiplayer Championships, the host will be able to remove drivers, or substitute one driver for another. AI drivers are optional as well. Not only that, but you’ll also be able to quit and resume in between any session.

This will be the first time that you’ll be able to race the thrilling Baku street circuit, the home of the 2016 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE, and drive for the new US-based Haas F1 Team.

Available now, F1 2016 Limited Edition includes the ‘CAREER BOOSTER’ DLC PACK, which will give players a head start in their career as well as exclusive Career Helmet and Laptop designs.

Game: F1 2016Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
Member Comments
# 121 Fraser G. @ 09/03/16 12:35 PM
I've been spending a lot of today preparing and racing the Bahrain GP.

I was determined to recover from my lack of management skills which left me in 21st position in the first GP.

Practice starts off rocky. I destroy my tires once again as I fail to perfect the delicate nature of handling. But, I finish with an excellent qualifying pace, which I replicate in actual qualifying, finishing on pole position!

Race management suggests I make 4(!) pit stops during the race. Forget that. I head off in 1st and try and make my supersofts last as long as possible. I try and push it for one more lap, but I get a puncture right in front of the pits. Lucky.

Everything's going smoothly until they recommend I stay on the supersofts for my third stop. At the rate I'm destroying them, I'm going to end up making five stops if I'm not careful! I tell them 'no', and switch to softs instead. This keeps me going until lap 19, where I make a final switch to mediums with the hope of holding out.

I'm back in 4th, and the leaders want to make a final stop. Oh wow - I'm in 1st! The last few laps arrive, and my tires are getting destroyed. I do everything I can to try and finish with a delicate approach, and it works. I win the race!

I'm starting to get the hang of this management thing. I was impressed with myself that I actually came up with a good strategy that wasn't dictated to me by the CPU! I'll have to up the difficulty soon enough. Oh - and learn how to protect my tires!

# 122 Lieutenant Dan @ 09/03/16 02:09 PM
Nice work, Fraser! That Tyre Management feature available during practice sessions is great for assessing your style and wear.

# 123 Fraser G. @ 09/03/16 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
Nice work, Fraser! That Tyre Management feature available during practice sessions is great for assessing your style and wear.
Yeah, it's really helping in terms of assessing my needs before a race. The big downside is that I'm constantly in the red when I do it! I just need to get better at being more delicate.

# 124 Lieutenant Dan @ 09/03/16 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser G.
Yeah, it's really helping in terms of assessing my needs before a race. The big downside is that I'm constantly in the red when I do it! I just need to get better at being more delicate.
Yep...off the gas and roll through your turns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

# 125 Bullit @ 09/03/16 02:45 PM
Quote:
Great idea. Always fun to read how people are getting on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
I will get one up in just a bit. Thanks guys

My update. I actually got the pole at Bahrain by .103 over Vettel. I am not ready for that pressure! Well I will see after the next race if I need to modify my difficulty. But I'm almost 100% sure it's just the track suits my style I'm sure I will go back to sucking fumes at the back next race.

# 126 Lukin4 @ 09/03/16 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
I will get one up in just a bit. Thanks guys

My update. I actually got the pole at Bahrain by .103 over Vettel. I am not ready for that pressure! Well I will see after the next race if I need to modify my difficulty. But I'm almost 100% sure it's just the track suits my style I'm sure I will go back to sucking fumes at the back next race.
I've always loved that track and had good pace there. Didn't even mind the little extended section they added on that one year either

# 127 Lieutenant Dan @ 09/03/16 10:56 PM
Well Canada was a hoot. Qualified 14th and out-dueled a Mercedes car (can't remember which driver) coming off the final chicane and in the final straight, about 100ft from the finish line for 2nd place. Wow.

The more I play, the more this game cements itself in to my All Time list. At this point, I'd have to say for RACING games (as opposed to car games in general), this is among the top 2 or 3 I have ever played, and it is gunning for the best.

I specified 'racing' game because games like Gran Turismo, Forza, PGR, etc all scratch a different itch compared to pure racers like an F1 game, NASCAR game, Moto GP, etc.

# 128 Mysterious @ 09/03/16 10:56 PM
curious if anyone is not racing with a wheel.... I was pissed to find out my logitech wheel was not ps4 compatible.... still haven't bought a new one yet

# 129 Lieutenant Dan @ 09/03/16 11:00 PM
PS4 here, controller.

I have played racing games for decades, never owned a wheel. If I'm going to do all that, I might as well hop in my car and go speeding.

("Breakin' the law, breakin' the law")

# 130 Rules @ 09/04/16 09:52 AM
I got the PC version so I could use my G27 with no worries. There is nothing in comparison when you feel the force feedback with a rival car next to you. It raises my heart rate ten fold lol.

# 131 Pappy Knuckles @ 09/04/16 09:56 AM
I never got a racing wheel because it seems like a lot of effort to use one. With my fight stick, I just sit it on my lap and play. With a wheel you need to buy or setup a station so you can actually use the thing. I'm not that hardcore of a racer.

# 132 Rules @ 09/04/16 12:06 PM
Did I mention how addicting this game is? It is already my all-time favorite racing sim. Too bad I have to go to work.

# 133 Lieutenant Dan @ 09/04/16 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Did I mention how addicting this game is? It is already my all-time favorite racing sim. Too bad I have to go to work.
Right?? I think it's actually getting a little more time than Madden in my rotation.

And while the rivalries are great, and racing the pack is amazing....my thing is to try to 'beat' the track. Some I do very well on; Bahrain and Shanghai I'm dominant, and solid on Russia and Canada.

But others beat me like a dirty rug; Monaco I hate you, but I WILL solve you! Catalunya gives me fits as well.

# 134 AceFan84 @ 09/04/16 02:03 PM
I've had the game since launch on pc, it really is the best f1 game ever made. It's not without faults but man overall is it an extremely solid racing game! My one complaint is the difficulty settings, there are a lot of them (which is good) but the time delta between them is far too great. Too many people are somewhere in between difficulties, there's almost a 2 second gap between each one, that is just way too much. Some kind of difficulty slider would take care of this problem, but I doubt that will be patched in to this year's game so the best I can do is hope for next year (if there IS a next year, I think Codemasters contract was only thru 2016).

Glad to see so many of you enjoying the game, seems like 2016 has pulled in some new fans which is a great thing!

# 135 Rules @ 09/04/16 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceFan84
I've had the game since launch on pc, it really is the best f1 game ever made. It's not without faults but man overall is it an extremely solid racing game! My one complaint is the difficulty settings, there are a lot of them (which is good) but the time delta between them is far too great. Too many people are somewhere in between difficulties, there's almost a 2 second gap between each one, that is just way too much. Some kind of difficulty slider would take care of this problem, but I doubt that will be patched in to this year's game so the best I can do is hope for next year (if there IS a next year, I think Codemasters contract was only thru 2016).

Glad to see so many of you enjoying the game, seems like 2016 has pulled in some new fans which is a great thing!
This where tinkering with different car setups fixes that. I believe that is what they wanted to add another level of difficulty.

# 136 Lieutenant Dan @ 09/04/16 02:21 PM
Oh, question!

I finally had a VSC come out (Virtual Safety Car), and I was leading at the time, but didn't know what to do! LOL

I'm used to a yellow freezing the field's places in NASCAR, but this said to not go faster than the Delta time. What's that mean? Damn Vettel passed me during the VSC because I kept slowing and didn't think passing was allowed (again, based on NASCAR).

What do I do next time so I don't get screwed? Thanks!

# 137 Earl1963 @ 09/04/16 02:55 PM
Quote:
PS4 here, controller.

I have played racing games for decades, never owned a wheel. If I'm going to do all that, I might as well hop in my car and go speeding.

("Breakin' the law, breakin' the law")

Except your car isn't a F1 car that does 200+ mph, hugging corners at high speeds. Trust me, a wheel set up takes racing games to another level.

Sent using a telephone

# 138 Lieutenant Dan @ 09/04/16 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
Except your car isn't a F1 car that does 200+ mph, hugging corners at high speeds. Trust me, a wheel set up takes racing games to another level.
How do you know my other car isn't an F1?

All kidding aside, I get what you're saying. I have used a top drawer wheel/pedal rig on a friend's PC for some NASCAR Racing (Papyrus) some years back and it's great. Just not practical for me in my gaming setup, and I kinda prefer chilling in a relaxed position whilst playing.

# 139 Solidice @ 09/04/16 04:02 PM
Quote:
Oh, question!

I finally had a VSC come out (Virtual Safety Car), and I was leading at the time, but didn't know what to do! LOL

I'm used to a yellow freezing the field's places in NASCAR, but this said to not go faster than the Delta time. What's that mean? Damn Vettel passed me during the VSC because I kept slowing and didn't think passing was allowed (again, based on NASCAR).

What do I do next time so I don't get screwed? Thanks!
when the VSC comes out, just try to keep the delta as close to 0 as you can. if it goes in the red, you need to slow down or you'll get penalized.

# 140 Lieutenant Dan @ 09/04/16 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
when the VSC comes out, just try to keep the delta as close to 0 as you can. if it goes in the red, you need to slow down or you'll get penalized.
Okay, so is the Delta a separate readout that I am not seeing? Is it on my hud in the lower right? Feel like an idiot that I didn't see it but everything happened quickly...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.