Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

IGN has posted some NBA 2K17 features, including details on revamped rebounding, fatigue and steal systems, along with improved lighting and graphics.

Quote:
Visual Concepts has also done some work on the rebound system to make it closer to real life basketball. “Last year, pretty much every rebound was caught cleanly by a defender,” Blumberg said. “That doesn’t happen in basketball all the time. There’s a lot of fighting for the ball, it gets tipped around, and it’s a physical part of the game.” He told us that players will see the ball get tipped around more as players crash the backboards. You can tap the ball over to a teammate if you’re unable to pull bound a rebound yourself. We even saw an offensive player catch the ball and take a shot in mid-air. Blumberg said stealing the ball also had a significant revamp, so it’s not abused as much as it was last year’s games.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Vni @ 08/19/16 07:56 AM
Quote:
In previous 2K games, you could play your starting roster for the majority of the game and play for 48 minutes straight without it affecting your players.
I disagree with that. I personally can't.

# 2 cthurt @ 08/19/16 07:57 AM
I always wanted arena specific lighting that is awesome news wish they did something similar to what Live did in,showing the different arena looks.

# 3 The 24th Letter @ 08/19/16 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
So many people said this was an issue last year...I didnt see it either

# 4 ProfessaPackMan @ 08/19/16 08:04 AM
Arena specific lighting is something I need to see before I get excited about that.

I remember they said in that in previous 2Ks and outside of MSG and Staples, every other Arena looked the same as far as lighting went. I think they screwed up the lighting at Barclays the first year there.

# 5 stillfeelme @ 08/19/16 08:08 AM
Rebounding has been addressed finally it has looked way better in the videos

# 6 ViciousFoLife @ 08/19/16 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
It showed up a lot in online quick play rank.

# 7 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/19/16 08:31 AM
People would get fatigued but I didnt see enough consequence to take the player out the game .

# 8 Vni @ 08/19/16 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Maybe they are refering to 6min games and I can't really relate to that even though I remember subbing my starters out every quarter or so still.

# 9 Mauer4MVP @ 08/19/16 09:01 AM
All great things to work on. The lighting looks amazing this year.

# 10 midwestking100 @ 08/19/16 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
I always wanted arena specific lighting that is awesome news wish they did something similar to what Live did in,showing the different arena looks.
I hope the classics received the same amount of love also

# 11 Lord Bonium @ 08/19/16 09:52 AM
"You can tap the ball over to a teammate if you’re unable to pull bound a rebound yourself. We even saw an offensive player catch the ball and take a shot in mid-air."

Very nice. I had this in my 2k16 wishlist (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=424), well i had a lot more concerning rebounding controls (i'm hoping/assuming it's user controlled and not automatic) but either way it's a start. Now i just hope we (especially with 90+ rebound/boxout) don't get sucked into boxout animations anymore, like this...

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

# 12 raiderphantom @ 08/19/16 09:57 AM
Love hearing this info, but I need more details and obviously need to see how it's implemented. I don't doubt that 2K is trying to improve their game, but that doesn't always equal success.

# 13 daveberg @ 08/19/16 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestking100
I hope the classics received the same amount of love also
Deep down I think us classic guys already know the answer to that......

# 14 countryboy @ 08/19/16 10:05 AM
Excited to see the specific arena lighting. Also glad to see rebounding being worked on.

# 15 Mintsa @ 08/19/16 10:09 AM
I think the whole fatigue thing is related to online ranked matches.

# 16 tt500 @ 08/19/16 10:09 AM
I wanna know more of the steals. In 2k16 it's pretty much guaranteed a steal when your big gets doubles in the post. I wonder if they also fixed the issue where players would turbo at you from behind and bump the ball off you to get steals.

# 17 trekfan @ 08/19/16 10:13 AM
All these things look great on paper. Gameplay was nice, really liked the spacing I saw and the speed of the game seemed right on point.

Arena specific lighting is NICE. I'm hopeful that feature is unique to each arena and that, when creating an expansion team, you can choose from those packages.

Player models looked good from afar. Would like to see a legitimate video released by 2K showing off that gameplay in HD. Curious to see if the commentary got some overhaul as well (I doubt it, but if they addressed the arena lighting one can hope).

# 18 aholbert32 @ 08/19/16 10:14 AM
What? 2k released news? No ****ing way.

# 19 UnbelievablyRAW @ 08/19/16 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
In PNO you can play your starters the entire game with no drawbacks (and given the fact that people use PNO as a sprinting match its surprising). At the very least some guys will call 3 timeouts in a row to end the 3rd quarter to get their players back to 100, but its still bad.

# 20 Crunky @ 08/19/16 10:25 AM
Watching the videos I can tell the rebounding improved, I'm very excited at this point.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.