Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 Junior Moe @ 08/19/16 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
WISports has always been right, people just didn't like the messenger so they tried to ignore the message.

Plus you'll always get people jumping in trying to play devil's advocate for 2K no matter how valid the concern.

He's basically me when it comes to accessories but his focus is bodytypes.
No, he hasn't always been right. Not sure about last year but the models are far from terrible. That's not carrying 2K's water it's the truth. Yes, he has some valid complaints but come on. The hyperbole around here about these player models has gotten out of hand a bit. It seems to be the en voge thing right now. No sports videogame player models are perfect. Not Madden, not The Show or any other game. They all have some weird graphical quirk here or there. Voice your concern and hope it's addressed. 2K seems to be at least trying. People were complaining about KD being too big in a pic released just a week ago; now he's anorexic. Like, damn! Be CONSTRUCTIVE, which is what I thought this site was about. They would have to be death, blind and dumb not to hear the cries of at least OS here. Bitching about it every second of every day isn't going to change it, though. Joking about it isn't going to change it. Trying to shame the people who don't happen to have their pitchforks out doesn't change a damn thing! We can speculate about how or what should be done but it doesn't change the reality of it being what it is. If it's that big a deal then don't buy. At some point a little perspective is needed.

# 42 23 @ 08/19/16 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
No, he hasn't always been right. Not sure about last year but the models are far from terrible. That's not carrying 2K's water it's the truth. Yes, he has some valid complaints but come on. The hyperbole around here about these player models has gotten out of hand a bit. It seems to be the en voge thing right now. No sports videogame player models are perfect. Not Madden, not The Show or any other game. They all have some weird graphical quirk here or there. Voice your concern and hope it's addressed. 2K seems to be at least trying. People were complaining about KD being too big in a pic released just a week ago; now he's anorexic. Like, damn! Be CONSTRUCTIVE, which is what I thought this site was about. They would have to be death, blind and dumb not to hear the cries of at least OS here. Bitching about it every second of every day isn't going to change it, though. Joking about it isn't going to change it. Trying to shame the people who don't happen to have their pitchforks out doesn't change a damn thing! We can speculate about how or what should be done but it doesn't change the reality of it being what it is. If it's that big a deal then don't buy. At some point a little perspective is needed.

I think that was paul george that was overly huge not Durant.

I honestly don't have that much of an issue with that durant in the blurry picture.

What can help though is what did last year, just decrease the shoulder width size and he won't look so bad.

It definitely needs work though but as far as complaining....

I feel like the online guys in almost every game does that all the time and it's not met with "how immature you are" or "this complaining is getting out of hand" comments like here.

What I do think is that the way its been handled marketing wise has caused a divide at least until we get some actual real meat of whats going on with the game.

I also think they need to cool that hype stuff down and focus. It could have very well started the beginning of the end of that nonsense.

# 43 Junior Moe @ 08/19/16 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I think that was paul george that was overly huge not Durant.

I honestly don't have that much of an issue with that durant in the blurry picture.

What can help though is what did last year, just decrease the shoulder width size and he won't look so bad.

It definitely needs work though but as far as complaining....

I feel like the online guys in almost every game does that all the time and it's not met with "how immature you are" or "this complaining is getting out of hand" comments like here.

What I do think is that the way its been handled marketing wise has caused a divide at least until we get some actual real meat of whats going on with the game.

I also think they need to cool that hype stuff down and focus. It could have very well started the beginning of the end of that nonsense.
Understood. For the record I too had/have a problem with the bulkiness of players. I want it fixed. But I can see the improvements in this department so far. Is it perfect? No. The people who still see issues have every right to voice and express that. I get it. Express it. Are they terrible? Hell no. C'mon now. I get that people are pissed with 2K and their marketing and that may be contributing to the hostility but damn.

You're right. Every game does have people voicing their concerns with a given game. Most of those forums are trash because they're filled with juvenile stuff. OS is different. People make their issues known, loudly, in a respectful smart manner usually. That's what I like about this place.

Yes. The marketing has been awful. I hate the uproar and some of the crap LD and Ronnie got but hopefully they realize how bad their marketing has been to a certain segment. Witholding info is fine. But they could release a schedule or something letting people know when what's gonna be released. Even if it is weeks before the game hits stores. It doesn't have to be as frustrating as they are making it. People naturally want info on the game. At least give them something to look forward to.

# 44 23 @ 08/19/16 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Understood. For the record I too had/have a problem with the bulkiness of players. I want it fixed. But I can see the improvements in this department so far. Is it perfect? No. The people who still see issues have every right to voice and express that. I get it. Express it. Are they terrible? Hell no. C'mon now. I get that people are pissed with 2K and their marketing and that may be contributing to the hostility but damn.

You're right. Every game does have people voicing their concerns with a given game. Most of those forums are trash because they're filled with juvenile stuff. OS is different. People make their issues known, loudly, in a respectful smart manner usually. That's what I like about this place.

Yes. The marketing has been awful. I hate the uproar and some of the crap LD and Ronnie got but hopefully they realize how bad their marketing has been to a certain segment. Witholding info is fine. But they could release a schedule or something letting people know when what's gonna be released. Even if it is weeks before the game hits stores. It doesn't have to be as frustrating as they are making it. People naturally want info on the game. At least give them something to look forward to.

Agreed, but honestly I really don't think it's about the fans at all.

Im sure early pre orders and hype for more sale fuel it all, and it's a shame that it's at this point.

As their customer base gets older, I just think they need to explore other avenues to push out information.

Just saying we're not talking about that, or i cant wait to show you at the end of the month because we did that last year will get old quick.

At this point, I wish EA would come and punch em in the mouth a bit but they're not competent enough to even talk about right now.

By that I mean pressure them enough to cut that crap out.

People are excited about what the devs do, and that will always be the #1 thing with this game.

Not gonna call the devs lazy either because that's furthest from the truth.

# 45 23 @ 08/19/16 07:56 PM

This one def. stings a bit

# 46 eko718 @ 08/19/16 07:59 PM
This Schroeder is pretty pathetic...smh. Looks like we are going back to these rail thin child-like frames that plagued 2K15. I thought the new "body scanning" was supposed to resolve this.

# 47 hesko @ 08/19/16 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
Looks great. The lighting on the skin looks exceptional
Now if they can do the same for the unis. They look great, but the lighting don't match the environment. They should also add some of those natural hard shadows. Still waiting on the extinction of hair helmets tho. I still know the game is gonna be a doozie this year!

# 48 swac07 @ 08/19/16 08:10 PM
Yeah that Schroeder isnt that good, looks like he is allergic to peanuts and was just fed a bag of peanut m&ms then his face and lips swelled up

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

# 49 Smirkin Dirk @ 08/19/16 08:39 PM
We're basing purchasing decisions on one close up screenshot that will be irrelevant when we're playing an actual game?

If you want perfect realism, stick to watching the actual NBA.

# 50 The 24th Letter @ 08/19/16 09:03 PM
I've never seen an alabamarob thread turn into an argument...like ever...even if we're completely laying into a mechanic. So theres no need to capre for anyone... Its rarely ever the message, its the delivery. Theres a reason we're OS and not the YouTube comment section

But maybe I expect too much in that front.

# 51 phenom2311 @ 08/19/16 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Anybody who thinks the body model is good needs to see a side by side comparison to the real thing. It's beyond terrible.
Agreed. I don't understand why 2K struggles with bodies so much. That's not skinny.That's anorexic. Skinny guys still have muscle definition. Basketball players are lean, slender, slim... not anorexic.

# 52 hesko @ 08/19/16 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

This right here.

# 53 MarkWilliam @ 08/19/16 09:47 PM
Quote:
I definitely buy the game, and enjoy it for the most part.

But to me, realism just adds to the experience. And players looking like themselves is a huge part of that.

I have said that the lighting looks much better this year, just going off of what we've seen so far.

But these player models being off is inexcusable IMO. It really is.

They CAN make players arms/legs the same thickness as their real life counterparts. Nobody will convince me of otherwise. Yet they don't. Why?

Stuff like the arm sleeve. You can't tell me they can't make it longer, like they are in real life.

Jimmy Butler's body looks NOTHING like him. Again, why? NBA friggin' Live did a much better job at this. That says a lot.
I hear you. I dunno if I'd go as far as to call it "inexcusable" but I understand it may annoy you more personally.

I do WISH they could find the "happy medium" though.

Saying that, I think KD is a bit too thin in the arms, Butler definitely too bulky. Dennis a little thin etc. etc. but I can't help but wonder, if there are 500 players in the game, maybe a good % of them are closer than these guys.

Perfection is not very reasonable to demand. But I sometimes think about how things that were once good, got worse (off topic - MJ's face). To me, this applies to some of the body issues.

# 54 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 08/19/16 09:58 PM
How can 2K not see that his arms are way too skinny? Where's the muscle definition?

# 55 axamboutme96 @ 08/19/16 10:07 PM
Quote:
I'll re-post what I posted in another thread, since this thread is about this specific pic.

There's just so much wrong.

They have his face too fat.

They have his arms too skinny.

They have ZERO muscle definition.

They have his arms disproportionate. His arms above his elbow look way too long. What's going on there?

The sleeve doesn't go high enough on his bicep.

The sleeve should reach his wrist, but nope!

This is just sad and quite frankly unacceptable. With all the work 2K puts into these games, it's sad that they don't hold the art dept. accountable for this garbage. Where's some of these guys' pride?
I feel you on everything but I'd focus on the issues with these player models first before the sleeves and other accessories. I've been a Hawks season ticket holder the past couple of years and I gotta say this body on Dennis is downright disrespectful. Let's put it this way, Dennis is 6'1 170-175 lbs, which is lightweight forsure but in this screen he's built like my 15 year old brother who's also 6'1 but he's 145 lbs! I can tell they're trying but it gets to the point where trying isn't good enough when you're supposed to be putting out a top notch product. Some people may not find this to be a big issue but if the games focus is creating an immersive simulation (someone could mistake the game being played on broadcast for an actual live game) then they NEED to do a better job on some of this art. The only person in the league I can think of who's as slim as these KD/Schroeder screenshots is MAYBE Ingram. If they do Giannis like this... (*sigh) do better 2k. Please.

# 56 axamboutme96 @ 08/19/16 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Schroeder is too dark in the game and as a member of the Brownskin Coalition, I'm offended by this picture and will seriously consider passing up this year if he looks like this in the game.
Dennis black as midnight in real life fam...

# 57 Irkentier @ 08/19/16 10:48 PM
Man, seeing that face from 2k16 and the comparison of the screenshot and real life this seems like a massive downgrade.

# 58 Crunky @ 08/19/16 10:55 PM
I can only imagine how Giannis is going to look, if they mess him up they should officially delay the game and yes it is that serious.

# 59 Smirkin Dirk @ 08/19/16 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunky
I can only imagine how Giannis is going to look, if they mess him up they should officially delay the game and yes it is that serious.
No, it's not a serious point.

# 60 Crunky @ 08/19/16 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
No, it's not a serious point.
For you it may not be but for me this stuff kills the immersion especially when 2k got bodytypes correct before.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.