Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

With today's release of the NBA 2K17 Friction Trailer (watch it above), we gathered up some staff members for a chat on the trailer, what it means, and what we're looking for out of NBA 2K17. Check out our chat after the jump!

Read More - NBA 2K17: Breaking Down the Friction Trailer

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Vni @ 08/22/16 01:12 PM
Quote:
Kevin Groves: There's a lot of focus on "new faces in new places" as opposed to gameplay additions, which is what the community wants.
say that again ?

Edit : maybe I'am understanding this the wrong way

# 2 Mauer4MVP @ 08/22/16 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
say that again ?

I think he means the community wants to see more gameplay footage.

# 3 nuckles2k2 @ 08/22/16 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
say that again ?

Yea, I didn't know about that statement either lol. Maybe he was being factious.

But Kevin made some good points later on in there, as did Ryan.

Gameplay, gameplay, and give me some gameplay. Especially user vs cpu. I need to see how the players move & interact on the court.

But sizzle trailers are always the start. So nothing left to do but wait.

(that crowd reaction looked pretty good tho. Unless it was in the first Q or something. MSG crowds wait until the last minute of the game to come alive lol)

# 4 robdilla @ 08/22/16 01:21 PM
Some of the shoe colors are off

# 5 Schiltzenberger @ 08/22/16 02:18 PM
Walking down the tunnel out into the the stadium looks cool.
With the footage of the warm up, I'm thinking after the tunnel walk it might let us go into like a warm up practice mode thing..... would be a nice addition if so.

# 6 BA2929 @ 08/22/16 02:50 PM
So. Much. Sweat.

Some of these guys look like they just stepped onto the court immediately after taking a shower.

Pretty cool trailer though! I like some of the new animations I saw. But, it's just a hype trailer so it's supposed to look flashy. I expect to see some actual gameplay this week.

# 7 tril @ 08/22/16 03:54 PM
how many hours of playing 2k does one have to play in order to notice legacy issues. I play alot of hours of 2k and never seem to notice any. Maybe I do notice them but dont find them to be annoying.

# 8 KG @ 08/22/16 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
I think he means the community wants to see more gameplay footage.

Naaa..."new faces in new places" means they seemed to be really focus on players who made team changes.

KD to GSW
D12 to ATL
Etc...

They started the video off by showing Rondo, KD, and even Gasol in their new digs.

As I mentioned in the chat, trailers are good sizzle by but give me 5-on-5 gameplay everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 9 hanzsomehanz @ 08/22/16 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
say that again ?

New faces in new places: Rondo with Bulls, KD with GSW, and the rookies.

The trailer is littered with emotional buzz and overall that just doesn't get me hype. I'm sitting at 5 out of 10 on my hype meter and I agree with essentially all the opinions of Patrick Friday.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

# 10 Mauer4MVP @ 08/22/16 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Naaa..."new faces in new places" means they seemed to be really focus on players who made team changes.

KD to GSW
D12 to ATL
Etc...

They started the video off by showing Rondo, KD, and even Gasol in their new digs.

As I mentioned in the chat, trailers are good sizzle by but give me 5-on-5 gameplay everyday.

Yeah I get that, but I think he meant to say the community would rather see gameplay over that. I could be wrong, but I think he just phrased it wrong.

# 11 kd35okc @ 08/22/16 06:19 PM
Westbrook disappointed me again this years his face doesnt look to have been scanned I was looking to see him like in nba live .the lack of muscle, scars on his arms ..at least he got is hair and facial hair right

# 12 KG @ 08/22/16 06:44 PM
Quote:
Yeah I get that, but I think he meant to say the community would rather see gameplay over that. I could be wrong, but I think he just phrased it wrong.

That's me and yeah I said both of those things lol. I always want see gameplay before cut scenes, crowd shots, etc...

# 13 ProfessaPackMan @ 08/22/16 06:48 PM
You still on the edge for this game or you passing it up based on everything you've seen so far?

# 14 ibrampton @ 08/22/16 07:18 PM
NBA 2k17 Presentation? How to make the arena’s feeling and look real.
1) Better crowd reactions and Atmosphere
I think this is pretty self-explanatory, I know we can ALL agree on the following statement. NBA 2k15 and NBA 2k16 totally wet the bed when it came to having a crowd that was in-tune with what was happening on the court?

We need a much better crowd system, and not all fans should be doing the same thing when there isn't a celebration! Fans need to be louder, and the sound needs to be in sync with what is happening on the floor!
Add things like: OUU's, AHH's and anti-ref chants in the playoffs (See Toronto Raptors home games).
I can see NBA 2k did add some cool effects last year, example: Crowd leaves early if it’s a blowout. We need more though!

2) Team Bench
So every team in NBA 2k16 and prior has 13 NBA players and just 2 Coaches. That looks lonely and really feels whack to me. NBA 2k has brought me to a point where it is definitely one the best sports game ever, and every year! But it still is missing that final touch of appearance and fullness on the court presentation wise without having ESPN/TNT.

To help correct such issue’s NBA 2K should have 1 NBA Head Coach, 1 NBA Assistant Coach, 1 JR Assistant Coach with the NBA Players sitting at the bench. However they should also add the NBA Team trainer behind the bench (In a suit) alongside a couple more NBA team staff members (1 or two) wearing team related gear such as polo shirts and khaki’s (not in suits).

The bench right now looks empty; I am surprised that this hasn't been addressed yet, especially since we can sign and fire both coaches and trainers in GM/Franchise modes. Also, what about the players who aren't suited or are injured yet travelling with the team, they should also be on the bench or behind and involved.
3) Camera Crew(s)
Where did the Camera crew's go? NBA 2k15 HAD ZERO Camera's under the hoop. I understand it's a safety issue in the real NBA but come on 2k. As the games get bigger, NBA Arena’s should have more camera folks around the hoop and at midcourt on the sideline. NBA Finals always has more, especially from other countries! Maybe create a generic side line commentator behind videotaped in the back ground (from the local station) while players warm up and the NBA 2k broadcast crew are speaking? Also, why is the guy who wipes the NBA floor a 6'3 NBA Player look alike? Show some love for little kids!!!In NBA 2k14 and NBA 2k15 the floor wiper was wearing all black and a hoodie (That is kinda messed up, he was definitely one of the players I played against at the park!)
4) Some fans in the crowd should be moving up and around the isles.

This goes back to better crowds. Fans should be seen moving up and around the arena. Maybe have a system where NBA fans of the visiting team sit closer to that visiting teams bench? I know whenever I travel from Toronto to Detroit to watch a raptors game I tend to find seats closer to that teams bench and I see A LOT more fans doing that.

5) Security Guards around the floor?
Where are the security guards? Atleast have 1 in every corner. Just have them generically with their backs turned towards the floor, watching the fans.

A few more things I feel would help: The isles and rows in the arena seem to be too wide, specifically behind the hoop area. Now I might be asking for too much, and the tunnels are not full enough either. A team shouldn’t be just walking through the tunnel alone. Fans around the tunnel should be standing up and looking at them too and moving.
Post-game interviews are lonely! There needs to be more players on the floor and camera crews and team personnel around when that interview is being conducted after a game (And No, not a silly photo bomb) and the movement of the team players and personnel should increase especially after a big big playoff game or epic finish.

What else do you guys think could help make the NBA 2k Arena's look and feel more realistic?

# 15 Man2116 @ 08/22/16 09:15 PM
Mr. iBrampton, you just said everything I was thinking about the stadium and courts of 2K. Way too much empty space.

# 16 ibrampton @ 08/22/16 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man2116
Mr. iBrampton, you just said everything I was thinking about the stadium and courts of 2K. Way too much empty space.
Glad someone see's it the way I do! I wrote this is a post as well check it out over there and add idea's! I am thinking of trying to reach folks at 2K so maybe they can write some idea's down for NBA 2k18.

# 17 lvnba @ 08/23/16 07:35 AM
Quote:
Ryan Spencer: It's low right now. I still am playing and enjoying 2K16, and with so little information out yet there hasn't been much to get excited about for 2K17. My "Big Three" is improved player movement, rebounding enhancements and full-blown online franchise mode
Ryan, you're my guy.

# 18 cmebfresh @ 08/23/16 10:26 AM
Yup i'm still playing to. in recent years 2k would of be in a shoe box some where. but when the gameplay comes out, i will probably put it to rest off of jealousy lol

# 19 pimp2k4 @ 08/23/16 10:49 AM
Trailer is an older build of 2k17. A lot player isn't as updated as the Jimmy Butler screen shoot.

# 20 hanzsomehanz @ 08/23/16 10:56 AM
Quote:
He said exactly that in the quote you shared lol

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.