Home
PES 2017 News Post

The PES 2017 demo is available now for Xbox One users, weighing in at 3.3 GB. Queue it up right here.

UPDATE: The demo is now available on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.

Play a few matches and post your impressions!

Control Reality in Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 with the demo, and experience these new gameplay features:
  • Real Touch – Players control the ball in unique ways based on where and how you control them
  • Authentic Visuals – Player models, lighting, crowds, pitch and stadiums totally revamped
  • Adaptive AI – For the first time in a football game, the AI will learn how you play and adapt accordingly
  • Natural Player Movement – Hundreds of new animations have been added to bring the players to life
  • Goalkeepers – Keepers see a great jump in their quality, through added motions and animations

Game: PES 2017Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 10 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 jrose57 @ 08/23/16 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecantona9
I played 3 games. Love it. Better than 2016. More animations, more fouls, and the graphics are fantastic. Definitely can tell the shots are better, and have more bite. The keepers have definitely improved and the pace out of the box is perfect. I think we have a winner if nothing changes between now and 9-13. I hope and pray that between now and then Microsoft changes its mind and allows imported images for kits and that more teams ie South American teams are added to the game.
hows the shooting button in this years game?

# 2 hunterdawgs10 @ 08/23/16 05:09 AM
Tried to get the downloaded started before I left for work, couldn't find it on PSN. It's a little after 5 eastern time

# 3 TerryP @ 08/23/16 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterdawgs10
Tried to get the downloaded started before I left for work, couldn't find it on PSN. It's a little after 5 eastern time
Unfortunately, sounds like the usual. MS updates are very early on Tuesdays while PS store is late afternoon Eastern time.

# 4 Da-Man @ 08/23/16 06:01 AM
Once again for a third year in a row the Xbox one version during gameplay looks low res. Looks like this problem won't be fixed until Scorpio.

Sent from my SM-A300H using Tapatalk

# 5 RoyceDa59 @ 08/23/16 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
This is one area of the game I am curious as well. I hope shooting is a lot better this year and you get to see a lot of shot variety.

# 6 baseballguy @ 08/23/16 07:07 AM
Very impressed with the demo. Graphics are improved (if I recall correctly, PS4 looked better than Xbox last year). Gameplay is very organic. Games flow, defense is more realistic with the increased fouls, and shot variety is fantastic.

# 7 ecantona9 @ 08/23/16 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
The shooting has definitely improved. Not as floaty as it was last year. Also there are much more animations.

I played 3 games. Love it. Better than 2016. More animations, more fouls, and the graphics are fantastic. Definitely can tell the shots are better, and have more bite. The keepers have definitely improved and the pace out of the box is perfect. I think we have a winner if nothing changes between now and 9-13. I hope and pray that between now and then Microsoft changes its mind and allows imported images for kits and that more teams ie South American teams are added to the game.

# 8 JimmyDeicide @ 08/23/16 07:55 AM
I agree on xbox graphics are bad. Its got a hazy filter over it . Its like im playing after 2 doses of niquil.
Hummels head is way to small.
Game is solid otherwise ,improved all over the pitch.
After 3 matches small sample size.
Very good demo so far.

# 9 Da-Man @ 08/23/16 08:21 AM
Broadcast cam is the same crap again where you can't adjust height zoom to your liking.

Sent from my SM-A300H using Tapatalk

# 10 Ac3way @ 08/23/16 09:00 AM
PES 2017 Xbox One resolution is 1380 x 1080 and PS4-version is 1920 x 1080. I think Xbox One version scales to FullHD resolution, but image quality suffers from that weird and low native resolution.

Still waiting demo at Europe, because tomorrow is demos release day in here. Can't wait for it, hope its good!

# 11 KG @ 08/23/16 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac3way
PES 2017 Xbox One resolution is 1380 x 1080 and PS4-version is 1920 x 1080. I think Xbox One version scales to FullHD resolution, but image quality suffers from that weird and low native resolution.

Still waiting demo at Europe, because tomorrow is demos release day in here. Can't wait for it, hope its good!

It looks worse in replays and you can def see the "haze" but in the default camera it isn't that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 12 RoyceDa59 @ 08/23/16 10:00 AM
Looks like the PS4 demo is available on the New Zealand PSN store.

# 13 Matt10 @ 08/23/16 11:07 AM
Here are my impressions, from my very first game.

- Outside Back defending, following runners
- Shifting to ATTACK/DEFENSE mentality...so sensitive! Tone it down!
+ Other than that, it's fantastic!!!!

# 14 KennyJ1976 @ 08/23/16 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecantona9
The shooting has definitely improved. Not as floaty as it was last year. Also there are much more animations.

All the South American news should be announced this week. Meanwhile, still waiting on the PS4 demo. At least I have Madden 17 to pass the time.

# 15 RoyceDa59 @ 08/23/16 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10

Man, I know we say this time and time again but we really could use sliders for this game. Other than some of the issues you noted it looked really really great. I can't wait to start messing with the tactics for this game.

Also, you should share some of your video analysis on there offical Pes twitter page.

# 16 BSDShoes @ 08/23/16 11:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcfTsslGL3I

Demo looking really good this year, better than demo last year and so.

PS- PS Store updates around 3pm-ish PST/6pm EST Tuesdays.

# 17 Honome @ 08/23/16 12:07 PM
Demo already on US PSN!

# 18 RoyceDa59 @ 08/23/16 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honome
Demo already on US PSN!
Thanks for the heads up, downloading it now so it can be ready for when I get home.

# 19 nunogomes @ 08/23/16 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10

Matt, don´t expect Konami to fix the gameplay issues you noted. They barely touch the gameplay with patches, so i don´t see something as this being fixed (hope im wrong though!).

However, i believe that even without sliders some issues could be minimized.

First, the Superstar difficulty will probably make the players more agressive on the ball (fullback´s included).

Second, you played with teams with terrible defenders and, since they are South American, in PES this usually means that they have the "Contain" setting on tactics and not the "Press" or "Agressive"

And yes, although these are on CPU teams you can change them and have them reflected on the pitch. In PES, each team has it´s own space for tactics alocated and if you change it on the edit menu, it will save forever and will be used on all gameplay modes (play now, ML, etc...).

There are no sliders in PES but there are very deep team tactics options that have impact on the pitch (unlike FIFA).

Loved your ommentary on the game, and to me what stands out the most (and this is something that i can´t get in FIFA) is the randomness. It feels that anything can happen in the game, that there are no "predifined" way´s of playing and these adds a lot to longevity on the game.

p.s. - can you try a game with 2 top teams on Superstar difficulty and see what happens?

# 20 Fraser G. @ 08/23/16 12:53 PM
After two games, I'm really impressed. Excellent range of animations, and I love how tight the defence is when closing you down.

I'm still of the belief that FIFA is the better of the two series' at present, but this isn't far behind. I'm delighted that we have two fantastic soccer/football series' to get our teeth into.

« Previous1234567891819Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.