Home
PES 2017 News Post

The PES 2017 demo is available now for Xbox One users, weighing in at 3.3 GB. Queue it up right here.

UPDATE: The demo is now available on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.

Play a few matches and post your impressions!

Control Reality in Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 with the demo, and experience these new gameplay features:
  • Real Touch – Players control the ball in unique ways based on where and how you control them
  • Authentic Visuals – Player models, lighting, crowds, pitch and stadiums totally revamped
  • Adaptive AI – For the first time in a football game, the AI will learn how you play and adapt accordingly
  • Natural Player Movement – Hundreds of new animations have been added to bring the players to life
  • Goalkeepers – Keepers see a great jump in their quality, through added motions and animations

Game: PES 2017Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 10 - View All
Member Comments
# 101 BL8001 @ 08/25/16 12:12 AM
I really enjoy this demo. I can't play any other older soccer/futbol game I own anymore. No point. They just are nowhere near as fun as this game is.

Took matt's advice and played flamengo.

I feel like the result was pretty much what it should be. Rain effects and what they did to gameplay were excellent. Made everything more sloppy.

Only wtf was I brutally slid tackled a dude in the box right after he shot. He goes down and grasps his ankle. No pk for them. But then I make a crunching illegal tackle in the 2nd half and pick up a delayed yellow. Took several game minutes to have it served and it almost seemed connected to the offending player being called offside.

Atletico v flamengo 1st half

2nd half

# 102 papinho81 @ 08/25/16 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
I really enjoy this demo. I can't play any other older soccer/futbol game I own anymore. No point. They just are nowhere near as fun as this game is.
Totally agree! Two days ago I felt impressed (again) by fifa 16 post patch 1.07 with my personal slider settings. After playing the PES17 demo there is no way I can go back to fifa 16 again! The two fifa games I had after playing the demo felt outdated (considering I spent a couple of days updating summer transfers using transfermarket website to start a new career). AI players movements and decisions in fifa felt so automatic/predictable compared to what PES17 demo is offering...
The gameplay of the demo is so fluid.
Nevertheless I do agree that player positioning when it comes to defense could be improved. The instantaneous defensive retreating attitude Matt is documenting very well and also the CB not meeting the ST well enough are really the only annoying things I see with the game.
Other than that the game is fantastic, keeper saves looks realistic and amazing at the same time, physicality and fouls are there.
I am really considering buying PES for the first time since the early 2000 and the PS1.

# 103 ps3veron @ 08/25/16 04:05 AM
Can someone please help me with the controls?

How do you do a bicycle kick or header? Say there's a corner kick into near the goal post and I wanna perform a header or something fancy?

In FIFA I recall you hold L2/LT then press the shoot button.

Thanks!

# 104 nunogomes @ 08/25/16 07:21 AM
Finnally played the demo last night, and something that didnīt happen since PES 11 happened this time: i actually played a game (demo in this case) for more than just a couple of hours.

I was so glued to the game i actually played at least one time with each team in the demo (10 minīs, Superstar difficulty).

The only thing im afraid now is finding something that ruins the game for me like the sure 100% goal we could score with R2 last year (the far post R2 shot inside the box). Fortunately this issue is completely fixed.

I had the same feeling with this demo that i had with NBA 2K16, it felt a simulaton, but it wasnīt a boring and sterile one.

But what definitely kept me playing well past a reasonable hour for someone who works in the next morning was the feeling that everything felt "random" (in a lack of a better word), the CPU plays with a purpose, they actually shoot from places you wouldnīt expect if they have no other options, and sometimes even if they do (the randomness factor)! You feel threatened when the CPU attacks, not bored, you feel in awe when CPU fools you with a play you werenīt expecting, itīs refreshening.

I could detail the positives forever, but to me itīs the overall experience that stands out like i Fifa 08 and Pes 11 once did. Both games were huge jumps in quality for me and games i played the entire year, something that never happened again to me with football games (either found terrible bugs or the games just flat out bored me).

The issues i have right now is deciding between default or -1 speed, although unlike last year, im inclined to default speed.

The other issue is of course the extreme mentality of attacking/defending Matt alerted for, although im 99% convinced itīs a tactics issue (if i had to bet, i would say turning off fluid formations solves this problem).

But the funny thing is, playing the game, i donīt feel this issue unless im thinking of it before it happens.

# 105 nunogomes @ 08/25/16 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3veron

How do you do a bicycle kick or header? Say there's a corner kick into near the goal post and I wanna perform a header or something fancy?

Thanks!
I believe itīs contextual, i donīt remember a button like that in PES, but im not 100% sure.

# 106 Matt10 @ 08/25/16 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
Finnally played the demo last night, and something that didnīt happen since PES 11 happened this time: i actually played a game (demo in this case) for more than just a couple of hours.

I was so glued to the game i actually played at least one time with each team in the demo (10 minīs, Superstar difficulty).

The only thing im afraid now is finding something that ruins the game for me like the sure 100% goal we could score with R2 last year (the far post R2 shot inside the box). Fortunately this issue is completely fixed.

I had the same feeling with this demo that i had with NBA 2K16, it felt a simulaton, but it wasnīt a boring and sterile one.

But what definitely kept me playing well past a reasonable hour for someone who works in the next morning was the feeling that everything felt "random" (in a lack of a better word), the CPU plays with a purpose, they actually shoot from places you wouldnīt expect if they have no other options, and sometimes even if they do (the randomness factor)! You feel threatened when the CPU attacks, not bored, you feel in awe when CPU fools you with a play you werenīt expecting, itīs refreshening.

I could detail the positives forever, but to me itīs the overall experience that stands out like i Fifa 08 and Pes 11 once did. Both games were huge jumps in quality for me and games i played the entire year, something that never happened again to me with football games (either found terrible bugs or the games just flat out bored me).

The issues i have right now is deciding between default or -1 speed, although unlike last year, im inclined to default speed.

The other issue is of course the extreme mentality of attacking/defending Matt alerted for, although im 99% convinced itīs a tactics issue (if i had to bet, i would say turning off fluid formations solves this problem).

But the funny thing is, playing the game, i donīt feel this issue unless im thinking of it before it happens.
So glad to hear your thoughts, Nuno. It's weird hearing you go into detail on the feel of matches as you are usually provide a skeptical analysis, I have to get used to this

Regarding the Attack/Defend, it's getting its shares on Twitter. I made it that very short video so it can illustrate the simplicity of the fix. I too believe it can be fixed with fluid formations off, or even some of the other advanced tactics set to on. I think there will be some "grunt work" at the beginning to edit each team if it isn't fixed. One comment I received on the YouTube video was that this is the demo and it could be playing with that mentality because the demo is limited in its tactics. Each team does not have their full capabilities enabled yet.

I hope that's the case, so I definitely am still optimistic. This game is so good, even if the att/def is not fixed, it will be worth it ,on feel alone, to dedicate hours on finding a remedy.

# 107 Hunkerdown @ 08/25/16 08:50 AM
Unfortunately I am on xbox , so will probably have to stick to FIFA, which is fun for me, still playing 16. Microsoft not allowing the same options that PS4 version has, is a big thing for me. Also definitely looks way worse on xbox than PS4. Gamewise it is definitely better than previous versions. Unless FIFA 17 is an entire mess, it is fun for me with right settings, do not see enough in PES to make switch, thanks Micorsoft!!

# 108 nunogomes @ 08/25/16 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
So glad to hear your thoughts, Nuno. It's weird hearing you go into detail on the feel of matches as you are usually provide a skeptical analysis, I have to get used to this

Regarding the Attack/Defend, it's getting its shares on Twitter. I made it that very short video so it can illustrate the simplicity of the fix. I too believe it can be fixed with fluid formations off, or even some of the other advanced tactics set to on. I think there will be some "grunt work" at the beginning to edit each team if it isn't fixed. One comment I received on the YouTube video was that this is the demo and it could be playing with that mentality because the demo is limited in its tactics. Each team does not have their full capabilities enabled yet.

I hope that's the case, so I definitely am still optimistic. This game is so good, even if the att/def is not fixed, it will be worth it ,on feel alone, to dedicate hours on finding a remedy.
Yes, you are right, im usually very skeptical, even i was surprised by the quality of the demo. But im not skeptical by principle (in games), itīs just that im a bit baffled by the way this industry is taking: all focus on dlcīs and graphics and little features with no use, that the most fundamental things in a game get overlooked (the desire to play more, the feeling of freedom in sports games, for example) and we always end up with games that could have been great but they are not.

Now, i am a bit more skeptical in Konami fixing this attack/defend mentality (and the lag cheat also, although i stopped being an online player in PES since 11) but i do not feel it will break the game if itīs not fixed and i will gladly put the hours to fix the tactics if thatīs the case.

On another note, i also read in a portuguese forum that itīs possible to play online with the demo? Is that true? If it is we could play a few matches her with the OS people. Im "nngomespt" on PS4 if this happens to be true and someone wantīs to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Unfortunately I am on xbox , so will probably have to stick to FIFA, which is fun for me, still playing 16. Microsoft not allowing the same options that PS4 version has, is a big thing for me. Also definitely looks way worse on xbox than PS4. Gamewuse it is definitely better than previous versions. Unless FIFA 17 is an entire mess, it is fun for me with right settings, do not see enough in PES to make switch, thanks Micorsoft!!
This seems to be a very common complaint from xbox owners, about the graphics, and it definitely sucks. I remember that when i changed from PS3 to Xbox i had the opposite feeling in multi platform games, they used to look better in Xbox, less jaggies. Guess thatīs not the case here.

# 109 nunogomes @ 08/25/16 09:38 AM
About the online play in the demo, i saw the video (a spanish one) and it seems to work with the Play Share feature on PS4.

Here is the link if someone wantīs to see it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTTmwRwpHRk#t=281

Only the first 5 minutes matter, the rest are those two guys playing

# 110 Matt10 @ 08/25/16 09:43 AM
Yeah, further supports my possible intent to trade my XB1 for a PS4.

# 111 RoyceDa59 @ 08/25/16 09:55 AM
After being on the forum for years I don't think I ever seen such a glowing response for PES since when they first introduce the Be a Legend mode for Pes 09, it is weird haha. I really hope Konami don't mess this up because they have something truly special here.

Quote:
It truly is something special to see the CPU take shots that only another Human player have the audacity of pulling off. I will have to post the video later tonight of Fernando Gago attempting a shot from barely beyond the half way line with Cech a little off his line, it was so random.

# 112 nunogomes @ 08/25/16 10:32 AM
Just a little information, relevant to tactics:

In the demo, you canīt move each player individually as you always could in PES, but in the full game this feature will be present.

# 113 BrianFifaFan @ 08/25/16 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001

Took matt's advice and played flamengo.

I feel like the result was pretty much what it should be. Rain effects and what they did to gameplay were excellent. Made everything more sloppy.

Only wtf was I brutally slid tackled a dude in the box right after he shot. He goes down and grasps his ankle. No pk for them. But then I make a crunching illegal tackle in the 2nd half and pick up a delayed yellow. Took several game minutes to have it served and it almost seemed connected to the offending player being called offside.

Atletico v flamengo 1st half

2nd half
These videos just sold me. As long as the PC version has the same graphics and gameplay, I must own this game. Not worried about missing features. This game is the return of PES to the throne.

# 114 Qb @ 08/25/16 10:53 AM
Quote:
I know what you mean. When I played Arsenal/Atletico the other night, I often found myself thinking, "Man, they always have men behind the ball! Oh well, guess that's Simeone's team for you..." Then when I saw Matt's video it kind of clicked that something was off that I couldn't put my finger on the night before.

Personally, if it's more of an either/or, I find a game where the final third is more compact more compelling than one where if you break through midfield you're in behind the defense (speaking in very general terms). For instance, I started playing FIFA with a low line height and length (30/40) because I don't find much enjoyment in the majority of the game being a scramble at the back with attackers running at the defensive line.

Of course, ideally the balance is there where teams sensibly and tactically defend high or deep based on team style and game situation. And the automatic sprinting back isn't the right way for teams to get back, so obviously that should be sorted, too.

Quote:
Just a little information, relevant to tactics:

In the demo, you canīt move each player individually as you always could in PES, but in the full game this feature will be present.
At first I thought I was just that dumb, but it seems like a lot of tactics options are unavailable. I can't even figure out how to change my formation.

# 115 RoyceDa59 @ 08/25/16 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
These videos just sold me. As long as the PC version has the same graphics and gameplay, I must own this game. Not worried about missing features. This game is the return of PES to the throne.
It was really cool seeing Torres getting called for a foul while going for an attempted header.

# 116 ezio @ 08/25/16 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Was wondering when you were going to post some impressions. Pes impression thread isn't complete until you, Ezio, and LingeringRegime post haha.
Royce,

Thanks for the shout out I will post my impressions soon.

# 117 BSDShoes @ 08/25/16 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
PC version will pretty much get the same gameplay, but graphics will be a downgrade compared to console versions.

# 118 BL8001 @ 08/25/16 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3veron

Thanks!
I have special remapped to LT. so holding this while shooting has caused volleys to happen. I need to flick the ball up with R3 and then hold LT and shoot and see if a bicycle occurs.

Cannot wait for the full game and match practice to sort out some of the controls better.

# 119 BL8001 @ 08/25/16 01:48 PM
Ok I am living somewhere between Top Player and Pro difficulty.

For these vids I moved it to pro.

Here are my reasons;
1 I like a little more time on the ball
2 I try to play defense by allowing the cpu time too not videogame style of getting up in everyone's grill all the time
3 Because the CPU is good now and not cheaty at all from my experience so far it's ok if they shoot. Like point 2 in previous footy games if you allowed the CPU to shoot they scored.
4 To me this allows me to create and the cpu to create while still being a relaxing enjoyable game to play

After beating flamengo with atletico I felt it only fair (I actually feel compassion for the AI ) to take on a a top team with flamengo.

A loss is just as fun as a win in this demo. Season and master league is going to be a blast this year.

1st half
highlights
0:40 flamengo counter attack
1:08 sanchez lets one fly
2:30 awesome cech save
4:08 killer ox drag back and go
4:18 coq having a go
5:15 lethal fk swung in and cheeky finish after my mishandle
7:09 great flamengo play and yet another wonderful cech save
8:00 finally convincing myself shield is RT not LT
8:56 great arsenal play and my keeper did not need to make that save I think, but I get it. It was close, he didn't realize it was outside of the post

2nd Half
0:48 nice spell of play
1:40 coq again fires one off from range
2:06 great RT shielding!
2:25 love this arsenal field swap that didn't come off
2:35 that cut should have worked, great defending, I got frustrated and yeah, carded
3:35 bend but don't break, sweet goal line clearing header
4:15 having a go
4:39 I love how this goal starts with Cech's kick
4:57 why didn't I clear it? I don't know. Lesson learned.
5:30 calm and cool pk
6:45 just can't break down the arsenal defense, this is the best we have
7:03 jaw drops...what a roll back pass...can I please do that?

I love love love love love how when I picked up the yellow in the box the player walked away, I personally felt like I got all ball and it was a great tackle, but I can also see how a ref would totally call that a pk, my player was like get away from me with that nonsense.

# 120 Gnemi @ 08/25/16 01:57 PM
I played the PES 16 demo for exactly three minutes, then uninstalled it.

Last night, I played PES 17 for almost two hours before my wife got pissed. Otherwise, I would have played longer.

The presentation is vastly inferior to FIFA and having no commentator makes the atmosphere feel somewhat lifeless, yet...the actual 22 on the pitch make the game feel incredibly alive, bristling with energy and gravitas.

Electronic Arts have officially been put on notice by Konami. I was really enjoying my last FIFA 16 career season but don't even want to play it now. FIFA 17 will have to really impress me with its gameplay, particularly ball physics, for me to bother with it.

My single most favorite aspects of PES 17 so far: when I swap wings with a lofted cross, the ball actually moves with pace and curve instead of a giant lofted beach ball pass. When a keeper or defender deflects the ball, it looks like it actually made an impact on the player instead of looking like it hit a brick.

Admittedly, I haven't even looked at the FIFA 17 gameplay videos because pre-release videos are typically trash.

This is also the first time since PES 11 that I'm intrigued to give Konami a shot.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.