Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

The team of Brandon Gaudin (play-by-play) and analyst Charles Davis have been spending more time in the EA Sports studio lately, with plans to continue throughout the NFL season. These commentary updates will arrive in Madden NFL 17 according to their schedules.

With that said, let us know what you're hearing in the latest update.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 extremeskins04 @ 08/24/16 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scfan919
Anybody know what the commentary update fixed/added?
When was it released?

# 2 rkocjay @ 08/24/16 03:29 PM
i got it.....

# 3 bcruise @ 08/24/16 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkocjay
i got it.....
It's already the 2nd one since release....it seems these might be updated quite frequently.

# 4 scfan919 @ 08/24/16 03:30 PM
Just had to download it at around 3:20 pm EST.

# 5 extremeskins04 @ 08/24/16 03:31 PM
Wow that's awesome.

# 6 Bootzilla @ 08/24/16 03:32 PM
I played as the Bills and they mentioned Karlos Williams being let go and that Reggie Bush isn't a power back and that their rookie back (can't remember his name) may have to take on that role.

# 7 scfan919 @ 08/24/16 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
I played as the Bills and they mentioned Karlos Williams being let go and that Reggie Bush isn't a power back and that their rookie back (can't remember his name) may have to take on that role.
Touche' EA. Well done

# 8 fballturkey @ 08/24/16 03:34 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they have hours of commentary recorded that just needs contextualized (i.e. Play this clip when the home team is up by 10 in the fourth quarter, etc) so we may get updates as it goes even when they're not available for recording.

# 9 BadAssHskr @ 08/24/16 03:38 PM
This is going to be so cool.

# 10 malky @ 08/24/16 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
I wouldn't be surprised if they have hours of commentary recorded that just needs contextualized (i.e. Play this clip when the home team is up by 10 in the fourth quarter, etc) so we may get updates as it goes even when they're not available for recording.
Well I'm hoping they update the CFM commentary and not just play now stuff.

# 11 azdawgpound @ 08/24/16 03:41 PM
Ea said they would be updating the commentary on weekly basic so I can see this happening every week updating players being released etc during season.

Which is a nice touch instead hearing same lines repeated.

# 12 BB_Dynasty @ 08/24/16 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
Was their a roster update too? Karlos is still on the team in the game lol.

# 13 Steve_OS @ 08/24/16 04:09 PM
Updated OP title, let us know what you're hearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 14 pjburrage @ 08/24/16 04:12 PM
Had the prompt to download the update, downloaded it (or I assume I had), but I'm not hearing anything. No Commentary at all, tried on both my UK and US PSN accounts.

Delete Application and Reinstalling.

# 15 the veteran @ 08/24/16 04:29 PM
My favorite feature of this year's game, can't wait to hear more updates.

# 16 Dwaresacksqb @ 08/24/16 04:33 PM
I love the commentary this year. The break in between quarters is very immersive as well.

# 17 azdawgpound @ 08/24/16 04:51 PM
Just started a play now game browns vs bucs

The announcers talked about how well RG3 played in second preseason game and his long ball throwing... Then threw a pass to Pryor and after the catch they said he had a 50 yard td catch in preseason 2 and beat one best cb's Desmond trufont.

They should have done this sooner so much better kudos ea

# 18 fballturkey @ 08/24/16 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malky
Well I'm hoping they update the CFM commentary and not just play now stuff.
The stuff I'm talking about would be usable in both. The Karlos stuff is potentially useful in both if they contextualize it enough. From how they described it it sounded like they'll continue recording update type information and also variety lines that can be used in any game mode.

# 19 Steve_OS @ 08/24/16 05:06 PM
Just played a game with the Boys and the commentary team kept going on about the team being worried about getting a veteran QB, but the emergence of Dak Prescott has changed their tune. DAK, DAK, DAK!

So good.

# 20 Dwaresacksqb @ 08/24/16 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Just played a game with the Boys and the commentary team kept going on about the team being worried about getting a veteran QB, but the emergence of Dak Prescott has changed their tune. DAK, DAK, DAK!

So good.
I'm hoping Dak gets a face scan and a few points into his overall to put him at 74 in line with Goff and Wentz I believe. He's one of the most talked about players in the league right now so it would seem appropriate he gets some attention.

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.