Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

The team of Brandon Gaudin (play-by-play) and analyst Charles Davis have been spending more time in the EA Sports studio lately, with plans to continue throughout the NFL season. These commentary updates will arrive in Madden NFL 17 according to their schedules.

With that said, let us know what you're hearing in the latest update.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 BobChonger @ 08/24/16 08:23 PM
any idea how many times they are going to do this?

# 42 ChaseB @ 08/24/16 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidertiger
I hope these lines are used in Franchise if it actually happens for season 1 (AD struggling for example).
It probably won't quite yet (just a guess), but I imagine this type of system will eventually be able to handle that in the future. It's not as simple as you would think to make it work in both CFM and Play Now even if it impacts the same players.

# 43 jpdavis82 @ 08/24/16 09:08 PM
Just heard Gaudin and Davis talking about how it's the end of August and fantasy drafts are coming up, Brandon asked Davis for advice for his Dad, and who he could use in his Fanduel lineup and Davis said who he liked, Ezekiel Elliott, and who his sleeper pick was, rookie WR Michael Thomas of New Orleans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 44 steelwes76 @ 08/24/16 09:28 PM
Was playing Eagles vs. Bucs play now...they mentioned that the Ravens pause their pre season game to watch Micheal Phelps In the Olympics..wow

# 45 jpdavis82 @ 08/24/16 09:49 PM
Just heard them talking about this, it happened 2 or 3 days ago guys http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...for_dre_k.html

# 46 extremeskins04 @ 08/24/16 09:57 PM
Commentary line:

"Did you see how he tip toed right inside the line there? tip tap tip tap".

"Yea he got no sizzle but he sold the steak."

My god the commentary is incredible. I love it.

# 47 FJS1010 @ 08/24/16 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Just got this from Christian

This will add immense replay value to the game.

# 48 Eman5805 @ 08/24/16 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
Just started a play now game browns vs bucs

The announcers talked about how well RG3 played in second preseason game and his long ball throwing... Then threw a pass to Pryor and after the catch they said he had a 50 yard td catch in preseason 2 and beat one best cb's Desmond trufont.

They should have done this sooner so much better kudos ea
This is a trend I REALLY hope other sports games can emulate. I doubt it, but man, it's so nice.

# 49 brandon27 @ 08/24/16 10:41 PM
Heard then comment tonight on Baltimore showing the phelps race during the game last week.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk... ignore the typos!

# 50 DeuceDouglas @ 08/24/16 10:44 PM
Was just playing a Play Now game against the Broncos and they started a little back and forth about the Bengals practicing at a high school this past week and how Dre Kirkpatrick forgot his cleats and had to borrow a pair from a high school player.

# 51 fballturkey @ 08/24/16 10:50 PM
Some of the context is still pretty bad for the commentary. No it isn't that surprising I'm bringing out the field goal unit on first down in a tied game with 2 second left from the 10.

Or criticizing the opponent for going for it on 4th with no timeouts, down 7, with less than a minute left.

# 52 OhMrHanky @ 08/24/16 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection403
Stuff like this is why I bought Madden again for the first time in a while.

You need to reward when a company works hard for your business and doesn't get lazy. It's why I dont support the EA fifa devs and purchased Madden.

Lol. Wha-wha-wha-WHAT???!!! Lol. Agree to disagree (on the FIFA devs). FIFA has been at the forefront of gaming for years! Lol. That game has been fantastic for years, and it keeps getting better and more realistic! I've been playing the FIFA 17 beta, and HOLY SH-T!!! They gave infinity engine to madden, because they were ahead of their time and certainly ahead of madden. Now, they're the first ea sports game to use frostbite, and let me tell u, the player models look AMAZING! The wrinkles on players' jerseys actually MOVE!! Lol. Anyways, I'm a fan of madden (Rex's madden team) AND FIFA. But, when I first started playing FIFA around 10 years ago, I was amazed at how much more realistic the game was to soccer compared to madden to football. The gameplay and ball physics in FIFA are now truly amazing. So, I don't think FIFA devs are 'lazy'. Lol. They just created the 'story mode' thing, too. I'm not sure what their franchise looks like, cause I only play h2h FIFA. But, anyways, that game and their dev team has always been innovative.

# 53 noplace @ 08/24/16 10:59 PM
Impressive!!

# 54 bkrich83 @ 08/24/16 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Not to be too critical and I am sure to be in the minority but are these updates a waste of time. I mean think about. All the commentary they added last week after week 1 is probably no longer being used or will be outdated pretty soon. Unless your playing just play now games some of the new dialogue will never be heard in a CFM and may ot even make sense in it if it is being used. Would it be better to add more commentary that could be used in different situations during a game and not just specific ones based on real life

If they're adding both I am ok with it, but if they are just adding real life stories, I think I'd rather have other lines being recorded.

Again I may be in the minority but I like CFM specific stuff over real life lines (always have...even before this year)
There's always one.

# 55 fballturkey @ 08/24/16 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
There's always one.
I completely agree with him, and I'm sure a lot of CFM people do. I'd rather have lines that'll be relevant for a long time than stuff that won't be in a week.

# 56 bkrich83 @ 08/24/16 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
I completely agree with him, and I'm sure a lot of CFM people do. I'd rather have lines that'll be relevant for a long time than stuff that won't be in a week.
You realize its coming to CFM as well. No? I mean really, getting weekly commentary updates is something to complain about? I realize people here complain for the sake of complainng but really?

# 57 brahmagoul @ 08/24/16 11:18 PM
Look at it this way. This is a brand-spankin new concept. It makes sense to release steady chunks for play now to soak their feet.

I love in my franchise how they mention at the end Team A will be checking out the Vikings' new stadium next week. A simple where they stand and who they have next adds to the immersion.

So happy they switched to guys who can and are willing to do more than Nantz and Simms.

# 58 HolyStroke3 @ 08/24/16 11:30 PM
They talked about Amari Cooper playing at Northwestern Miami High School and having Teddy Bridgewater as his QB for a season. That was cool

# 59 mcavner @ 08/24/16 11:30 PM
I'm loving the idea that EA is updating the commentary as they go along - so kudos to the development team for committing to that.

The thing I'm hearing that is a little disappointing is that the commentary is not reactive. I'm in the second year of cfm and they don't ever say rookie's names (even if the name is in the game) and the commentary doesn't update - after scoring a TD they mentioned that the receiver had scored 6 last season and could improve on it. Yeah, he did - that was a year ago. I also rebuilt the stadium and the commentators are talking like the Raiders might move. It needs to be more dynamic.

# 60 PacMan3000 @ 08/24/16 11:36 PM
I really hope they begin having the announcers say the last names of the generated players you (and the other teams) draft in CFM.

Commentary overall seems outstanding, but from what I've watched in videos of CFM, the game becomes less personal and immersive with commentary, and much more generic with "he makes the tackle" and "he drops back to throw" type of commentary, rather than the announcers actually knowing the players within the league by name.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.