Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

More NBA 2K17 player ratings are being revealed by the actual NBA players on Twitter. Below are the ones that have tweeted so far, click the links below for a screenshot of the player in NBA 2K17. We will continue to update this post as more screenshots and ratings are revealed.Your thoughts?

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 tsbmolina @ 08/24/16 10:38 PM
Best screen yet. Joel Embiid

# 22 Daddy123 @ 08/24/16 10:39 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJg9Hk_g...showtimereed33 Willie Reed posting the whole Heat team

# 23 ForeverVersatile @ 08/24/16 10:42 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 24 Mauer4MVP @ 08/24/16 10:42 PM
77 is too high for a dude that hasn't played in two years. Also can't imagine 2k likes him tweeting out the entire team.

# 25 eko718 @ 08/24/16 10:47 PM
Seems like Embiid is being rated on the Rookie scale.

# 26 tsbmolina @ 08/24/16 10:48 PM
That hair though. It's crazy how the game looks different graphically in every screen. Must be the different lighting in all the arenas.

# 27 Gilley @ 08/24/16 10:55 PM
The younger players almost always look the best. Newer face scans make a huge difference.

# 28 Crunky @ 08/24/16 10:59 PM
That Embiid picture looks really nice and the lighting looks specific to each arena looking at the pictures.

# 29 stillfeelme @ 08/24/16 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
77 is too high for a dude that hasn't played in two years. Also can't imagine 2k likes him tweeting out the entire team.

Embiid is being rated based off his skills shown in college, just like any rookie. He didn't forget how to play. Now of course he will be a rusty but from all the workouts I have seen and pregame warmups he is a much better shooter than he was in college which 2K is not going to give him a good rating on.

# 30 SkillzFromThe6 @ 08/24/16 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Embiid is being rated based off his skills shown in college, just like any rookie. He didn't forget how to play. Now of course he will be a rusty but from all the workouts I have seen and pregame warmups he is a much better shooter than he was in college which 2K is not going to give him a good rating on.
He was rated a 76 on 2K's last roster update, guess each guy get an extra +1 who haven't played. For example, Chris Bosh is rated a 86 from an 85 according to that Willie Reed instagram post.

# 31 CaseIH @ 08/24/16 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP

Embiid is a moron imo, and I agree a guy who was drafted 2 years ago and has yet to play because of injury, and is said to be on the lazy side shouldnt be rated that high. Now depending on if he is fully healthy or not, if he is the talent I think is there for him to be good, with what I saw of him in college, but if he dont work hard even if he stays healthy he will never reach a high level of play.

From the pics it looks like the lighting will be amazing in this game. Ive never been one to get excited about the graphic side really, as gameplay and simulated statistics is what I base a games greatness on, but man the lighting being different in every arena is pretty darn cool. Graphics has always been a strong point of NBA2k, but looks like it been taken up a few notches with the different lighting in each arena. Guess Im starting to by into the hype machine that is NBA2k at its best,lol.

# 32 tsbmolina @ 08/24/16 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Not sure if sarcasm.

His shoulders are way off. And they have him looking like a fatty.
No sarcasm, being sincere. I'm more then happy with his full scan.

# 33 tsbmolina @ 08/24/16 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
That's cool man...

I just don't see it as being perfect. All these guys upper bodies look like sponge bob. So wide and square looking.
Let me rephrase my statement, perfect for a videogame lol.

# 34 MarkWilliam @ 08/24/16 11:23 PM
I agree with WISports. Body models are not perfect IMO.

Video game or not, they could be improved.

But I understand that time is always a factor and hopefully this is an area that gets more attention down the line.

With the tech they have, "video game" isn't really a good enough reason these days. I think it's more about time/man power being focused on other things.

They have scuffs in the paint of arenas. Arena specific camera angles. Arena specific lighting. Signature shot animations.

So yeah.... video game? Nah.... I don't believe that's the reason.

Not taking away from devs - they probably just need more time.

# 35 renan_23rossi @ 08/24/16 11:30 PM
Saw this on Instagram, IDK if it's real.

# 36 Insight23 @ 08/24/16 11:36 PM

# 37 The 24th Letter @ 08/24/16 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
I agree with WISports. Body models are not perfect IMO...
Its perfect for him personally though...trying to tell him different undermines the whole concept you've been preaching....we got our different views...

# 38 RyanLaFalce @ 08/24/16 11:40 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem like 2K gets the more "well known" players' models perfect and then from there it's eh.

And it also seems like some of these screens are potato quality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 39 Damjan10 @ 08/24/16 11:40 PM
It is, he's already got the game as well.

Two more:

# 40 jrose57 @ 08/24/16 11:41 PM
is simmons a sf/pg???

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.