Home
WWE 2K17 News Post

IGN has scheduled their final WWE 2K17 roster reveal today. Similar to prior weeks, they are giving you a chance to guess the wrestlers that will be revealed.

Once they finally reveal them later this afternoon, we will update this post. Until then, feel free to guess.

UPDATE: Here are the WWE 2K17 wrestlers that have been revealed today, along with Asuka's full ring entrance, as seen in the embedded video above.
  • Asuka
  • Bayley
  • Big Boss Man
  • Buddy Murphy
  • Cactus Jack
  • Dean Ambrose
  • Diesel
  • Dude Love
  • Dusty Rhodes
  • Goldust
  • Jack Swagger
  • John Cena
  • Kane
  • Kevin Owens
  • Lex Luger
  • Luke Harper
  • Mankind
  • Road Dogg Jesse James
  • Roman Reigns
  • Seth Rollins
  • Stone Cold Steve Austin
  • Undertaker
  • Vader
  • Wesley Blake
Previously revealed:

Game: WWE 2K17Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 CookNBA03 @ 08/31/16 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Anderson and Gallows debuted months after Styles. Wasn't close at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't even like that there is a cutoff, roster is going to be 6 months old...

# 22 jvalverde88 @ 08/31/16 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinitup921
Anyone else a little disappointed with the lack of NXT wrestlers? Some I understand of just recently been called up but still not that many are representing NXT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Not really. The tag, women's and NXT champ are in the game. Itami is in the game Guys like Gargano and Ciampa just signed to the WWE (they weren't on an exclusive wwe contract until recently). Roode is too new. So is TM61. So are the authors of pain.

Tye Dillenger is the only one that I expected to be in the game that should be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Nah, I'm actually really happy for who's in the game. Can't think of anyone that was prominent on NXT earlier this year that didn't make the cut. Maybe Tye, like aholbert said, but that's about it.
You gotta remember that usually 8-10 talents get main TV time on NXT everyone else is just jobbing. Gargano and Ciampa didn't sign until April 2, the two guys that should be in the game are Tye and Mojo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookNBA03
Don't even like that there is a cutoff, roster is going to be 6 months old...
Roster cut off I think I read is around Wrestlemania.

# 23 SmashMan @ 09/01/16 02:52 AM
Quote:
Is there a link to the complete list anywhere?
2K's site has the list, but I prefer http://www.thesmackdownhotel.com/wwe2k17/roster/ because it's in alphabetical order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
Roster cut off I think I read is around Wrestlemania.
I remember a lot of the first 2K15 hype articles saying that 2K was able to have a somewhat later cutoff on getting people in due to their scanning tech. I don't think that's been proven true though. Cutoff does seem to still be around Mania.

# 24 woody2goody @ 09/01/16 03:25 AM
They will have a priority list for DLC, and I would imagine The Club are a high priority.

Bear in mind that a we had a hell of a lot of NXT call-ups this year. We would have had most of the NXT roster if this was set about 4 months ago.

2K usually make good DLC choices so I think we will get a few good additions.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

# 25 BMDinTDOT @ 09/01/16 08:51 AM
Shocked nobody seems to care we've lost 25 legends barring DLC so far

# 26 Nature_Boy @ 09/01/16 09:59 AM
I looked it up and AJ Styles debuted at the 2016 Royal Rumble. WrestleMania was held on April 3rd of this year. Anderson and Gallows made their WWE debut April 11th, 2016, eight days after WM 32. There's no reason why a tag team who has been on the main roster since April isn't included on the game's roster which will be released on October 11th.

# 27 Mercury112491 @ 09/01/16 12:24 PM
Except, ya know, for reason that has been the reason for as long as I can remember. The cut off for getting characters in the game is around or before Wrestlemania. And Vince has final say on who goes in the game. It is not as easy to make these characters as everyone thinks. It's not as simple as roster updates in other sports games.

What exactly is hard for people to understand about this every year.

# 28 CM Hooe @ 09/01/16 01:55 PM
Quote:
Except, ya know, for reason that has been the reason for as long as I can remember. The cut off for getting characters in the game is around or before Wrestlemania. And Vince has final say on who goes in the game. It is not as easy to make these characters as everyone thinks. It's not as simple as roster updates in other sports games.

Be that as it may, those facts don't make the game any more enjoyable when I put it in my console and (hypothetically speaking here) the Universal and Women's titles are missing, the RAW and Smackdown stages aren't current, the women are still called Divas despite major language changes in WWE TV programming, major and minor characters I've been seeing on WWE TV for months are not present for me to use in matches, the commentary team for RAW is missing two featured personalities, the SmackDown and NXT commentary teams are completely absent from the game, etc. etc.

The state of play for this series, whatever the reasons which lead to it, is no longer acceptable in the current AAA sports game environment. Literally every single sports game has better fan service and post-release support than WWE 2K. Many non-sports games do as well; heck, League Of Legends frequently (as in, nearly weekly) adds new characters and/or updates old ones to the current graphical standard and gameplay balance of the game (the game's been around for many years, so some assets are out of date).

Let's be honest, the game's content was archaic before pre-production started. That's not acceptable.

# 29 Nature_Boy @ 09/01/16 02:01 PM
Quote:

Anderson and Gallows debuted eight days after WrestleMania. They have had more than enough time to create them and add them to the roster. And why would Vince not want one of his most popular tag teams in the game? Having Anderson and Gallows on the roster in WWE 2K17 would be what's best for business.

# 30 SmashMan @ 09/01/16 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The state of play for this series, whatever the reasons which lead to it, is no longer acceptable in the current AAA sports game environment.
I don't know that I'd even limit it to sports games, though I imagine you did for a more focused comparison.

It's 2016. Everyone's got some kind of live component to their game, features are constantly being tweaked or added...and WWE games are going to get DLC in March 2017 that was 100% locked with no room to be changed in April 2016. That's insane in today's gaming world.

# 31 CEOHaize @ 09/01/16 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature_Boy
Anderson and Gallows debuted eight days after WrestleMania. They have had more than enough time to create them and add them to the roster. And why would Vince not want one of his most popular tag teams in the game? Having Anderson and Gallows on the roster in WWE 2K17 would be what's best for business.

2k has said many times the roster is controlled by what WWE let's them do. Usually anything that happens Mania weekend and beyond doesn't get added to the game unless its DLC. IDK why anyone is surprised by this at this point. Does it suck yes. I'm surprised Nakamura made it in even for release date DLC.

But saying it's best for business also means you can hold back one of your more popular teams and charge people for in for DLC. While it sucks for us as consumers I can see from a business standpoint why they would do it.

# 32 jvalverde88 @ 09/01/16 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Be that as it may, those facts don't make the game any more enjoyable when I put it in my console and (hypothetically speaking here) the Universal and Women's titles are missing, the RAW and Smackdown stages aren't current, the women are still called Divas despite major language changes in WWE TV programming, major and minor characters I've been seeing on WWE TV for months are not present for me to use in matches, the commentary team for RAW is missing two featured personalities, the SmackDown and NXT commentary teams are completely absent from the game, etc. etc.

The state of play for this series, whatever the reasons which lead to it, is no longer acceptable in the current AAA sports game environment. Literally every single sports game has better fan service and post-release support than WWE 2K. Many non-sports games do as well; heck, League Of Legends frequently (as in, nearly weekly) adds new characters and/or updates old ones to the current graphical standard and gameplay balance of the game (the game's been around for many years, so some assets are out of date).

Let's be honest, the game's content was archaic before pre-production started. That's not acceptable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
I don't know that I'd even limit it to sports games, though I imagine you did for a more focused comparison.

It's 2016. Everyone's got some kind of live component to their game, features are constantly being tweaked or added...and WWE games are going to get DLC in March 2017 that was 100% locked with no room to be changed in April 2016. That's insane in today's gaming world.
No excuse for 2K to not release roster updates via patch like EA UFC.

# 33 SmashMan @ 09/01/16 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEOHaize
2k has said many times the roster is controlled by what WWE let's them do. Usually anything that happens Mania weekend and beyond doesn't get added to the game unless its DLC. IDK why anyone is surprised by this at this point.
I don't think anyone's necessarily surprised by it, I think we're wondering why this series is still so inflexible. Look around at other games and other companies; take note of how reactive they are to feedback on their games. Compare that to how WWE2K is handled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
No excuse for 2K to not release roster updates via patch like EA UFC.
They know most people (I'm including myself here) will buy them as DLC, so why get away from that model?

They do this weird thing where they like to position this in marketing as a sports sim game, but then break from that (because sports games typically don't do DLC) and add characters as DLC like fighting games. The difference being that fighting game DLC extends the life and adds new content to the base game and WWE is obviously a yearly release. With how early they lock in the disc and DLC contents, it comes across as holding back content to resell later.

I don't know why EA UFC adds fighters for free when they could charge for them, but I'm glad they do. More than fighting games, it's a model that would fit for WWE games.

# 34 steviegolfballs @ 09/03/16 02:32 PM
One or two guys isn't a make or break thing for me,malus they'll get created and I can add them, not the best thing but it's a tolerable thing.

What isn't tolerable is a six man battle royal or a royal rumble with that few guys in the ring. Not only that, but give me a royal rumble where Brock Lesnar doesn't get ousted by a jobber just because he's been in there a few minutes. They have done a decent job with the roster this year, but the gameplay is still very weak.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.