Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Plenty of NBA 2K17 details have arrived, courtesy of André Voigt on Twitter, Founder and editor of FIVE , host of Got Next and author of Planet Basketball. We have translated his tweets below. (Thanks to ryback89 and everyone that assisted).
  • Shoes scaned in 3d for the first time, retro-sneakers too
  • over 300 shoes are in the game
  • in all 30 NBA Arenas they recorded the sound of the balls, fans, buzzer and more
  • Dynamic Commentary Both - eleven commentarys are in the game, they change depending on which city you play they support the main commentary duo
  • Blacktop - users can create own rules, there are specatators and player intros
  • online matchmaking can be personalised
  • MyTeam: redesigned cards, six new gem-levels, moments, historic franchise team packs, dynamic duos special bonus if you have two players that play together in reality, example Klay and Steph Curry
  • MyTeam Blacktop: Quick 3vs3 multiplayer, you can choose one MyTeam player the others are random
  • MyLeague: new menus, playoff mode (full customizatin), start today, Expansion 30-36 Teams all own jerseys, logos etc, League Expansion Draft if an expansion is chosen
  • MyLeague Online: 80 Seasons, more player development, more administration features, keeper-feature, many offseason decisions,
  • MyLeague/MyGM: start before 2016 Offseason possible, rules are dynamic (on-court rules like shotclock, trading)
  • Pick protection/swaps in trades are in the game also at cpu teams
  • Advanced Rotation: User can determine which players when in a game should be together on court
  • New Features: Jersey Retirement, Uniform Update (X-Mas etc get later in the game), Offseason trades possible, roster and draft classes are easier to edit
  • MyCareer: Wow... I'm not allowed to give you the news now. They come in a couple days.
  • Now Gameplay news - all throws (except dunks) have an own timing point for the release
  • new aim mechanic for jump throws
  • Dribble: no triggert animations user must combo the moves
  • Defense: new steal system, more user skill dependent
  • Game is faster to learn on lower levels, Coach K guides the 2KU that teaches all fundamentals
  • CPU Players bring more actions offside the ball (get free, cuts etc)
  • Physicality: Post Game completely new, contact on the zone border and at rebounds new in game, new putbacks
  • over 700 new animations at defense/offense on- and offside the ball
  • all offenses and defenses of the NBA are in the game, over 6000 adjustments, updated while the season
  • Smart Coach: Assistant gives detailed informations an coaching (example go over the block at KD)
  • 30 new freelance offenses, new team schemes, new transition offense/defense, mismatches will be recognized and will get attacked
  • individually tactics against certain players (example hard closeouts againts Curry)
  • Good coaches have better defense (awareness), user controls the help
  • ProAM: owner controls the roster of the teams, team can play without the owner, stats of the players will be saved, three team level amateur, pro and elite, there will be sponsors (VC) on the elite level
  • NBA2k17 All Star Tournament, Money Price, Allstar Tickets

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 Ownal0t @ 08/30/16 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
I just hope they don't have that garbage *** "BROOOOKLYNNNNN" chant that they've had for the last few years.
dont worry bro, none of that, if its from last season expect to hear lots of boos and quietness. with the occassional " FIRE BILLY KING" , " I PAID MONEY TO BE HERE" chants

UNLESS, they went to the knicks vs nets game which was actually Loud as hell or one of the few games they actually won at home

- Net fan " bootleg season ticket holder"

# 82 Eat_hits @ 08/30/16 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
UGH! Don't kill my vibe, man! lol
If you listen to the Friction trailer during the shoot around you could hear the ball enter the hoop. New sounds.

# 83 CaCHooKa Man @ 08/30/16 08:51 PM
Matt Winer from NBATV/TNT was mocapped today too. Seems kind of late to mocap announcers/reporters/hosts but I guess not. Could just be for a story though.

# 84 stillfeelme @ 08/30/16 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man
Matt Winer from NBATV/TNT was mocapped today too. Seems kind of late to mocap announcers/reporters/hosts but I guess not. Could just be for a story though.

Game definitely coming with a day 1 patch. I wonder if they are adding a bunch of sideline reporters at the last minute that will have updated commentary like Madden.

# 85 ksuttonjr76 @ 08/30/16 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
I don't understand. Really not trying to be rude, how does that point relate to what you're p*ss*ed about?
During the 2012-14 seasons, the Pacers were a Top 3 defensive team, however Paul George and Roy Hibbert were the only "defensive" players based on ratings. On the flip side, the Pacers were not a strong offensive team at all. The Pacers played with no little to no switching on matchups, each player could individually handle their matchups without help or double teams, and they "funneled" players into Roy Hibbert due to his elite rim protection. As an opposing team, players were forced to take a lot of contested shots or meet Hibbert at the rim. Those seasons would have been NBA 2K13 and NBA 2K14.

Having said that, NBA 2K14 was a joke, because they took away blocking and reintroduced it in 2K15. Also, 2K has mostly been offense heavy for those two years...then there was the infamous Patch 5 that broke 2K15. The Pacers played WELL below their ratings and standing, because they sucked on offense and the AI didn't play "team" defense. Defense was strongly driven by ratings and tendencies. In a vacuum, Indiana's individual players outside of George and Hibbert sucked.

Reading the "new" feature, indicates to me that 2K Sports has figured out to incorporate team defensive strategies based on the coach. Frank Vogel is now the HC for Orlando, and the current Pacers roster is more offensive heavy...but they made strides on the defensive side of the ball for 2K17.

# 86 aguero90 @ 08/30/16 09:02 PM
Lol, I wish the marketing team would do their job, and tell us about the features, so we don't rely on translation!! This is the first year I've paid attention to 2k pre release, does this happen every year? Because MLB the show marketing is way better at it!

# 87 Da-Man @ 08/30/16 09:07 PM
With all these new commentators, sideline reporters and NBATV analysts i have a strong feeling that Shaq, Ernie and Kenny wont be in the game.

# 88 wrestlinggod1 @ 08/30/16 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
During the 2012-14 seasons, the Pacers were a Top 3 defensive team, however Paul George and Roy Hibbert were the only "defensive" players based on ratings. On the flip side, the Pacers were not a strong offensive team at all. The Pacers played with no little to no switching on matchups, each player could individually handle their matchups without help or double teams, and they "funneled" players into Roy Hibbert due to his elite rim protection. As an opposing team, players were forced to take a lot of contested shots or meet Hibbert at the rim. Those seasons would have been NBA 2K13 and NBA 2K14.

Having said that, NBA 2K14 was a joke, because they took away blocking and reintroduced it in 2K15. Also, 2K has mostly been offense heavy for those two years...then there was the infamous Patch 5 that broke 2K15. The Pacers played WELL below their ratings and standing, because they sucked on offense and the AI didn't play "team" defense. Defense was strongly driven by ratings and tendencies. In a vacuum, Indiana's individual players outside of George and Hibbert sucked.

Reading the "new" feature, indicates to me that 2K Sports has figured out to incorporate team defensive strategies based on the coach. Frank Vogel is now the HC for Orlando, and the current Pacers roster is more offensive heavy...but they made strides on the defensive side of the ball for 2K17.
Ahhhhhh okay, I get you now. Basically they added in the feature when your team no longer needs it. Lol man the same thing happened to me one year with the Heat. I was not happy

# 89 ksuttonjr76 @ 08/30/16 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
Ahhhhhh okay, I get you now. Basically they added in the feature when your team no longer needs it. Lol man the same thing happened to me one year with the Heat. I was not happy
You said it so much simpler than I did, lol.

# 90 bjthomas121 @ 08/30/16 09:12 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/LD2K/stat...76113693863936

LD2K just confirmed all the features are true!!

# 91 blingballa333 @ 08/30/16 09:12 PM
As a seasoned 2k vet, I'll believe it when I see it!!

# 92 LeBronistheKing @ 08/30/16 09:13 PM
There has to be more than one commentary team, because haven't we heard Dorris Burke and Brent Barry? Matt Winer is typically a studio host so I wonder if there's more than one studio show? Now that people actually have the game would love to get a look at the players on the classic teams. Also no info on any Kobe Bryant challenge mode? The scanned sneakers as well as Retro sneakers has me excited. Hope it's not just Jordan's but also other retro sneakers, specifically the Air Uptempos and Flights for Pippen, and older LeBron's.

# 93 ronyell @ 08/30/16 09:15 PM
I would like to know what "easier to edit rosters & draft classes" means

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 94 Trackball @ 08/30/16 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjthomas121
https://mobile.twitter.com/LD2K/stat...76113693863936

LD2K just confirmed all the features are true!!
Allow me to enter wrestling fan mode.

*ahem*

HOLY ****
HOLY ****
HOLY ****
HOLY ****
HOLY ****

# 95 Rasco11 @ 08/30/16 09:20 PM
Finally some news and cause for excitement! Thank you Germany!

# 96 aguero90 @ 08/30/16 09:24 PM
Man! I'm in hyp mode right now...

# 97 Eman5805 @ 08/30/16 09:24 PM
I think they're bringing in reporters now because they want the commentary released for the release to be as update as possible. I sure as hell wish they could do something like have weekly updates during the season, but that might be much. I mean, they want guys to be mo-capped instead of Skype or whatever Madden uses for a fast turnaround.

Either way. I appreciate what they're doing. 11 different sideline reporters? Very nice.

# 98 BluFu @ 08/30/16 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell
I would like to know what "easier to edit rosters & draft classes" means

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure about rosters, but draft classes I'm about 99% sure it means we can edit draft classes mid-season. I remember Leftos saying he'd work on that when I (and others) requested it.

# 99 Leasim96 @ 08/30/16 09:28 PM
This all sounds amazing - combined with what we have heard so far and what we are yet to hear. This might just be a breakout year in terms of content improvement and detail. Hyped - tomorrow is the community day right?.

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk

# 100 Crunky @ 08/30/16 09:30 PM
Great News and we still have more to come Can't Wait!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.