Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Plenty of NBA 2K17 details have arrived, courtesy of André Voigt on Twitter, Founder and editor of FIVE , host of Got Next and author of Planet Basketball. We have translated his tweets below. (Thanks to ryback89 and everyone that assisted).
  • Shoes scaned in 3d for the first time, retro-sneakers too
  • over 300 shoes are in the game
  • in all 30 NBA Arenas they recorded the sound of the balls, fans, buzzer and more
  • Dynamic Commentary Both - eleven commentarys are in the game, they change depending on which city you play they support the main commentary duo
  • Blacktop - users can create own rules, there are specatators and player intros
  • online matchmaking can be personalised
  • MyTeam: redesigned cards, six new gem-levels, moments, historic franchise team packs, dynamic duos special bonus if you have two players that play together in reality, example Klay and Steph Curry
  • MyTeam Blacktop: Quick 3vs3 multiplayer, you can choose one MyTeam player the others are random
  • MyLeague: new menus, playoff mode (full customizatin), start today, Expansion 30-36 Teams all own jerseys, logos etc, League Expansion Draft if an expansion is chosen
  • MyLeague Online: 80 Seasons, more player development, more administration features, keeper-feature, many offseason decisions,
  • MyLeague/MyGM: start before 2016 Offseason possible, rules are dynamic (on-court rules like shotclock, trading)
  • Pick protection/swaps in trades are in the game also at cpu teams
  • Advanced Rotation: User can determine which players when in a game should be together on court
  • New Features: Jersey Retirement, Uniform Update (X-Mas etc get later in the game), Offseason trades possible, roster and draft classes are easier to edit
  • MyCareer: Wow... I'm not allowed to give you the news now. They come in a couple days.
  • Now Gameplay news - all throws (except dunks) have an own timing point for the release
  • new aim mechanic for jump throws
  • Dribble: no triggert animations user must combo the moves
  • Defense: new steal system, more user skill dependent
  • Game is faster to learn on lower levels, Coach K guides the 2KU that teaches all fundamentals
  • CPU Players bring more actions offside the ball (get free, cuts etc)
  • Physicality: Post Game completely new, contact on the zone border and at rebounds new in game, new putbacks
  • over 700 new animations at defense/offense on- and offside the ball
  • all offenses and defenses of the NBA are in the game, over 6000 adjustments, updated while the season
  • Smart Coach: Assistant gives detailed informations an coaching (example go over the block at KD)
  • 30 new freelance offenses, new team schemes, new transition offense/defense, mismatches will be recognized and will get attacked
  • individually tactics against certain players (example hard closeouts againts Curry)
  • Good coaches have better defense (awareness), user controls the help
  • ProAM: owner controls the roster of the teams, team can play without the owner, stats of the players will be saved, three team level amateur, pro and elite, there will be sponsors (VC) on the elite level
  • NBA2k17 All Star Tournament, Money Price, Allstar Tickets

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 121 Peninc @ 08/30/16 10:16 PM
I just want to know if they've fixed end of game highlights on PS4.

# 122 renan_23rossi @ 08/30/16 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
That's an insane list, can't wait to get this on the XB1...no PC this year...I doubt even 50% of this goes into the PC Version.
In 2K15 and 2k16 the PC version had the same modes and the same gameplay of the Xbox One and PS4, doesn't?

P.S. Sorry my english

# 123 tril @ 08/30/16 10:26 PM
interesting, and excited, especially about the being able to customize on court rules, shot clock etc.

this means that we could potentially create more of college hoops mod. especially if we can set the clock to 30 seconds and play 2 halfs instead of 4 quarters. also adjusting the amount of fouls before we get into a bonus situation.

could 2k be slowly prepping itself towards a return to college hoops.

# 124 snocone @ 08/30/16 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by renan_23rossi
In 2K15 and 2k16 the PC version had the same modes and the same gameplay of the Xbox One and PS4, doesn't?

P.S. Sorry my english
They are nearly identical in terms of features (I think missing face scan the last few years), but they tend to be buggier than the consoles

# 125 kdurantmvp @ 08/30/16 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
That's an insane list, can't wait to get this on the XB1...no PC this year...I doubt even 50% of this goes into the PC Version.
We're getting the same exact game this year

# 126 CujoMatty @ 08/30/16 10:51 PM
On paper this has the makings of being the best sports game ever. Let's hope it works out

# 127 Crunky @ 08/30/16 10:55 PM
This is shaping up to be the GOAT and there's still more info left.

# 128 lordfr33 @ 08/30/16 11:01 PM

# 129 eko718 @ 08/30/16 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m29a
What makes you say that? For the past 2 versions, the PC version has been nearly identical to the console versions, speaking from personal experience having played both 15+16 on the PC+PS4.

That said, if they do start doing that, I'll be buying a console I guess (was using my brothers PS4)
Exactly. The PC had some glitches initially but once those were ironed out, it was the better version IMO considering patches.

# 130 Crunky @ 08/30/16 11:09 PM
11 commentaters and 30 real authentic arena sounds I'll never get bored of this game seriously.

# 131 LeBronistheKing @ 08/30/16 11:14 PM
I need some confirmation on exactly what the commentary team consists of. Is it multiple commentary teams or multiple sideline reporters. I hope there is more than one commentary team.

# 132 MarkWilliam @ 08/30/16 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBronistheKing
I need some confirmation on exactly what the commentary team consists of. Is it multiple commentary teams or multiple sideline reporters. I hope there is more than one commentary team.
Steve tweeted its dynamic commentary. So the team varies depending on city or something.

# 133 Leasim96 @ 08/30/16 11:27 PM
I guess the fire tweets were justified by the looks of it so far

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk

# 134 CaCHooKa Man @ 08/30/16 11:36 PM
I'm looking forward to 2K40 when we have the commentary teams from each NBA team in the game

# 135 LeBronistheKing @ 08/30/16 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
Steve tweeted its dynamic commentary. So the team varies depending on city or something.
That's kind of amazing and game changing, honestly.

# 136 Crunky @ 08/30/16 11:42 PM
Dynamic commentary I'm loving it now all they need is Dynamic Hairstyles so players hairstyles can change no need for a patch I'll be sold.

# 137 MontanaMan @ 08/30/16 11:43 PM

# 138 lilteapot @ 08/30/16 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csmooove32
Dynamic commentary booth - eleven commentators are in the game, that support the regular commentator duo depending on the city. #nba2k17

This is big
I am hyped up for this and the recording of arena and equipment sounds in all 30 arenas.

!!!!!!

I think I am preordering.

# 139 Crunky @ 08/30/16 11:51 PM
Man 2k on that mission impossible they on top of everything.

# 140 hopoffthiscliff @ 08/30/16 11:54 PM
I need Shakedown and Dman to speak up those two are the most credible out of the bunch that was invited.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.