Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Plenty of NBA 2K17 details have arrived, courtesy of André Voigt on Twitter, Founder and editor of FIVE , host of Got Next and author of Planet Basketball. We have translated his tweets below. (Thanks to ryback89 and everyone that assisted).
  • Shoes scaned in 3d for the first time, retro-sneakers too
  • over 300 shoes are in the game
  • in all 30 NBA Arenas they recorded the sound of the balls, fans, buzzer and more
  • Dynamic Commentary Both - eleven commentarys are in the game, they change depending on which city you play they support the main commentary duo
  • Blacktop - users can create own rules, there are specatators and player intros
  • online matchmaking can be personalised
  • MyTeam: redesigned cards, six new gem-levels, moments, historic franchise team packs, dynamic duos special bonus if you have two players that play together in reality, example Klay and Steph Curry
  • MyTeam Blacktop: Quick 3vs3 multiplayer, you can choose one MyTeam player the others are random
  • MyLeague: new menus, playoff mode (full customizatin), start today, Expansion 30-36 Teams all own jerseys, logos etc, League Expansion Draft if an expansion is chosen
  • MyLeague Online: 80 Seasons, more player development, more administration features, keeper-feature, many offseason decisions,
  • MyLeague/MyGM: start before 2016 Offseason possible, rules are dynamic (on-court rules like shotclock, trading)
  • Pick protection/swaps in trades are in the game also at cpu teams
  • Advanced Rotation: User can determine which players when in a game should be together on court
  • New Features: Jersey Retirement, Uniform Update (X-Mas etc get later in the game), Offseason trades possible, roster and draft classes are easier to edit
  • MyCareer: Wow... I'm not allowed to give you the news now. They come in a couple days.
  • Now Gameplay news - all throws (except dunks) have an own timing point for the release
  • new aim mechanic for jump throws
  • Dribble: no triggert animations user must combo the moves
  • Defense: new steal system, more user skill dependent
  • Game is faster to learn on lower levels, Coach K guides the 2KU that teaches all fundamentals
  • CPU Players bring more actions offside the ball (get free, cuts etc)
  • Physicality: Post Game completely new, contact on the zone border and at rebounds new in game, new putbacks
  • over 700 new animations at defense/offense on- and offside the ball
  • all offenses and defenses of the NBA are in the game, over 6000 adjustments, updated while the season
  • Smart Coach: Assistant gives detailed informations an coaching (example go over the block at KD)
  • 30 new freelance offenses, new team schemes, new transition offense/defense, mismatches will be recognized and will get attacked
  • individually tactics against certain players (example hard closeouts againts Curry)
  • Good coaches have better defense (awareness), user controls the help
  • ProAM: owner controls the roster of the teams, team can play without the owner, stats of the players will be saved, three team level amateur, pro and elite, there will be sponsors (VC) on the elite level
  • NBA2k17 All Star Tournament, Money Price, Allstar Tickets

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 141 Crunky @ 08/30/16 11:54 PM
No talk of Shaq, Ernie, Kenny coming back I wonder if their in the game.

# 142 CavsFanSteve @ 08/30/16 11:56 PM
All I need to hear now is that HDR is supported for the Xbox One S version and I'll lose my mind.....there was a rumor that Microsoft confirmed it, but I haven't seen the actual article where they did.....fingers crossed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

# 143 lakers24 @ 08/30/16 11:59 PM
I think everyone is misreading the commentary team thing and also forgetting the leaked footage that confirmed it initially.

The main commentary duo is Harlan and Greg Anthony, we know that for a fact. The surprise came when we saw two videos showing Brent Barry and the other Doris Burke as the third commentator. So we know of four, that means there would still be 7 commentators we don't know of. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say MAYBE Kellog is still in since he has years of lines in the game. That would still leave 6 unknowns.

We know Rick Fox and Sekou Smith were both at 2k, but they were in mocap suits and I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't have done that if they just did commentary (unless 2k made 3d models for them like David Aldridge, but that's highly unlikely). David Aldridge also is known to be in as a sideline reporter, but the question is if he's counted in that 11. Even if he was, that would still leave 3 unknowns after counting Aldridge/Sekou/Fox with Harlan, Anthony, Burke, Barry.

# 144 MarkWilliam @ 08/31/16 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
I think it's great that there'as over 300 shoes in the game. I think it's great than they scanned them.

But how ya gonna put that much effort into shoes (that you can barely see while playing), and neglect the bodies so friggin' much??
Next year man. I think the body complaints have SURELY gotten their attention. I think if we continue to constructively push it, 2K18 may end all art complaints forever.....

Man some nice news today. I seriously hunch a Mike Wang blog this weekend aswell. Now is the good time.....

# 145 wrestlinggod1 @ 08/31/16 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
God bless the leakers.
What was in the footage?

# 146 Leasim96 @ 08/31/16 12:05 AM
Now they need too add the occasional video game first take and boom commentary is fire lol. A video game Stephen A talking about our my player etc from time to time would make it special. In 2k there's never really a sense of social media talking about our achievements to the extent of comparisons between legends etc. I would enjoy if they talked about my player more. Here we are averaging 40 - 15-15 or som in a season and nobody seems to care.

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk

# 147 MontanaMan @ 08/31/16 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
What was in the footage?
He showed a bunch of rookies up close in the edit player menu.

And some Cavs and Warriors players too.

# 148 MarkWilliam @ 08/31/16 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
I think everyone is misreading the commentary team thing and also forgetting the leaked footage that confirmed it initially.

The main commentary duo is Harlan and Greg Anthony, we know that for a fact. The surprise came when we saw two videos showing Brent Barry and the other Doris Burke as the third commentator. So we know of four, that means there would still be 7 commentators we don't know of. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say MAYBE Kellog is still in since he has years of lines in the game. That would still leave 6 unknowns.

We know Rick Fox and Sekou Smith were both at 2k, but they were in mocap suits and I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't have done that if they just did commentary (unless 2k made 3d models for them like David Aldridge, but that's highly unlikely). David Aldridge also is known to be in as a sideline reporter, but the question is if he's counted in that 11. Even if he was that would still leave a nice portion of unknown commentators.
Yeah so the dynamic part would be the 3rd commentator and sideline guys thinking deeper. Makes sense - especially from a dev standpoint.

2K has a knack for adding things that fans wouldn't ask for just to go the extra mile. That's amazing - every year.

I know they may not address some things some guys want as a priority, but let's not dwell with so much good stuff today

# 149 Leasim96 @ 08/31/16 12:10 AM
Quote:
I hope you're right man. But we've been pushing this (and the baggy unis) for 3 years now, and it's ignored every year.
Crew was ignored for about the same but at least its predecessor was added and is improving, there must be a reason why they are stalling it. Maybe too much focus on improving other things. Hopefully game play.

# 150 MarkWilliam @ 08/31/16 12:12 AM
Quote:
I hope you're right man. But we've been pushing this (and the baggy unis) for 3 years now, and it's ignored every year.
I know man.....all we can do is keep pushing. They will slowly run out of things to address and their priorities will shift slowly.

All we can do is try to make our voices heard and in the meantime enjoy the rest. I'm SURE it'll eventually be addressed.

# 151 LeBronistheKing @ 08/31/16 12:17 AM
So we are getting different commentators for different broadcasts? That's awesome.

# 152 snocone @ 08/31/16 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leasim96
Crew was ignored for about the same but at least its predecessor was added and is improving, there must be a reason why they are stalling it. Maybe too much focus on improving other things. Hopefully game play.

Lack of disk space? I mean these are some of the largest games put out every year. Might not have disk space to add unique body types?

# 153 MarkWilliam @ 08/31/16 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyswimmer7
The rim sounds are different in every arena, the on court sounds and obviously the lighting. I think a lot of it has to with how the mics are set up in relation to the court during a telecast. It sounds strange, but it's true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And if 2K emulate this successfully - WOW. The immersion level will spike a HEAP on this alone.

# 154 23 @ 08/31/16 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24

We know Rick Fox and Sekou Smith were both at 2k, but they were in mocap suits and I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't have done that if they just did commentary (unless 2k made 3d models for them like David Aldridge, but that's highly unlikely). David Aldridge also is known to be in as a sideline reporter, but the question is if he's counted in that 11. Even if he was, that would still leave 3 unknowns after counting Aldridge/Sekou/Fox with Harlan, Anthony, Burke, Barry.
Someone posted a pic of Matt Winer as well.

https://twitter.com/matt_winer/statu...65520357978112

# 155 doublek @ 08/31/16 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

Wish they would have had my girl Kayte Christensen from Sac-town mocapped... but too bad no one cares about the Kings....

# 156 RLebron12 @ 08/31/16 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublek
Wish they would have had my girl Kayte Christensen from Sac-town mocapped... but too bad no one cares about the Kings....

Hopefully they have Ros Gold in. She's the Warriors sideline girl and did it for the Olympics too.

# 157 Behindshadows @ 08/31/16 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by renan_23rossi
In 2K15 and 2k16 the PC version had the same modes and the same gameplay of the Xbox One and PS4, doesn't?

P.S. Sorry my english
No they left out Arena Music, Shoes, Presentation Elements, Animations, etc from the last few PC versions. Face Scans etc.

Each year the PC version is shorted on purpose and now with the lack of modding, makes the PC version even more in-attractive as a choice of purchasing.

# 158 lakers24 @ 08/31/16 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

Yeah, NBATV is definitely in lol. I just pray this is means we'll finally get that MyLeague around the league recap show.

# 159 MarkWilliam @ 08/31/16 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
No they left out Arena Music, Shoes, Presentation Elements, Animations, etc from the last few PC versions. Face Scans etc.

Each year the PC version is shorted on purpose and now with the lack of modding, makes the PC version even more in-attractive as a choice of purchasing.
Man I've not been touching console versions and had NO IDEA of all these short comings haha. Last years optimising debacle was brutal though. And embarrassing.

Will get PS4 aswell this year for sure now.

# 160 Tunechid @ 08/31/16 01:14 AM
A guy has NBA 2k17 early on Twitter his name is @familyfirstglo he is answering questions

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.