Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

JFox Entertainment has posted his NBA 2K17 hands-on impressions, including Pro-Am and gameplay details. Check it out and post your thoughts.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 RLebron12 @ 08/31/16 02:19 PM
One of my concerns I really hope gets addressed is shooting off of the transition. As someone who plays with the Warriors a lot of time in transitions I like to find the guy at the 3 Pt line and have him rip a 3, but last year it seemed like players had trouble stopping and would often times lead to fadeaway 3's, or jumping to the side 3's...so I would often have to not press anything on the controls for like 2 seconds and wait for the animation to stop then shoot. By that time there's usually a defender close by and ruins it. I really hope that's fixed this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 82 Vni @ 08/31/16 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLebron12
One of my concerns I really hope gets addressed is shooting off of the transition. As someone who plays with the Warriors a lot of time in transitions I like to find the guy at the 3 Pt line and have him rip a 3, but last year it seemed like players had trouble stopping and would often times lead to fadeaway 3's, or jumping to the side 3's...so I would often have to not press anything on the controls for like 2 seconds and wait for the animation to stop then shoot. By that time there's usually a defender close by and ruins it. I really hope that's fixed this year

Dude you're gonna like it. The gamescom gettho gameplays showed guys filling the lanes very well, that's the first thing I've noticed. Let me find it for you.

# 83 Vni @ 08/31/16 02:26 PM

@ 1:44

@ 0:33 ,@ 0:47 and @ 1:15 you can see again the AI filling the lanes. Looks really authentic and just like the warriors would run it.

# 84 Scofield @ 08/31/16 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I for one applaud lord Beluba for pushing people to learn the sticks. It's about time to do away with the archaic button.
This assumes too much. For some people shooting just feels better and yields better results for them when they use the face button. Has nothing to do with not wanting to learn. I've played a number of people who can hit every move they need with the sticks but when it comes to the jumpshot they like sliding over to the button.

These all or nothing characterizations I've seen on this front recently are counterproductive and straight up don't apply to anywhere near the degree people are claiming.

# 85 hanzsomehanz @ 08/31/16 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Just to clarify. For the pro stick aiming it's ALWAYS pull straight down or straight up, not at different angles based on where you are. I actually prototyped a camera-relative version where you need to push the stick toward the hoop for perfect aim and it was boo boo.
I can work with that.

Moving shots would be performed with right stick in 16 and I would hold the tight stick left or right or even diagonally to get a different moving shot: is that still possible?

Will a shot stick directed left or right or diagonal in the process of moving still generate a unique moving shot? Or is it up and down exclusively? Down while moving will currently give you a Stepback...

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

# 86 DaWolf @ 08/31/16 02:34 PM
The main thing for me is that the release of the button / stick should result in an immediate release of the ball (-> responsiveness) which isnt the case in 16.

# 87 RLebron12 @ 08/31/16 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni

@ 1:44

@ 0:33 ,@ 0:47 and @ 1:15 you can see again the AI filling the lanes. Looks really authentic and just like the warriors would run it.

Definitely looks better thanks man! Glad to see them stopping on a dime and now taking 2-3 more steps and ruining the transition 3. Plus I heard they worked on the pull up jumpers so I'm sure that all correlates. I'm definitely happy to see that!

# 88 Beluba @ 08/31/16 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Mike can you tell us the actual "boost" between prostick % vs. button?
I can... but I won't.

I'll just say, the potential boost is significant enough to warrant trying it out.

# 89 ataman5 @ 08/31/16 02:52 PM
I've seen in one of the leaked videos that Kyrie made a great pullup with silky smooth movement from dribbling to shot and bulls eye. So it's clear pullups will feel and should feel second nature now. And thanks Mike as always for steping by. What a guy! [emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319]

# 90 Beluba @ 08/31/16 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
I can work with that.

Moving shots would be performed with right stick in 16 and I would hold the tight stick left or right or even diagonally to get a different moving shot: is that still possible?

Will a shot stick directed left or right or diagonal in the process of moving still generate a unique moving shot? Or is it up and down exclusively? Down while moving will currently give you a Stepback...

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Lateral stepback jumpers and hop shots are now exclusively done by tapping the Shot Button. So pulling down on the Pro Stick while moving will always give you a normal pullup even if you're driving across the lane (in 2K cam.)

The Pro Stick will only choose unique shot types when inside the paint (hence don't require aiming)... floaters, layups, post shots, etc.

# 91 RLebron12 @ 08/31/16 02:59 PM
Quote:
Lateral stepback jumpers and hop shots are now exclusively done by tapping the Shot Button. So pulling down on the Pro Stick while moving will always give you a normal pullup even if you're driving across the lane (in 2K cam.)

The Pro Stick will only choose unique shot types when inside the paint (hence don't require aiming)... floaters, layups, post shots, etc.

So if you're running to the corner for a 3, it would be better to use the Pro Stick to pull up and shoot the 3, rather then the shoot button as you may have a chance of it being a fadeaway or leaning jump shot?

# 92 ksuttonjr76 @ 08/31/16 02:59 PM
Quote:
I can... but I won't.

I'll just say, the potential boost is significant enough to warrant trying it out.
Welp, I'm back on the hype train. Thanks for the clarification on the shot stick vs button use. Between this, the new PNO changes mentioned in the other thread, and the stingiest of changes this will be good year for PNO users.

# 93 BluFu @ 08/31/16 03:02 PM
Quote:
I can... but I won't.

Slightly early/late wide open shot vs perfect release slightly contested shot. Which is better? Same spot, same shooter (Not considering badges).

*Edit: Or maybe I should ask: is there a significant difference between those two scenarios?

Open shots kind of felt like a dice roll in 2K16 if the release timing was slightly off online.

# 94 stillfeelme @ 08/31/16 03:04 PM
Quote:
I can... but I won't.

Cool I am going pro stick man regardless.

# 95 ZBoo50 @ 08/31/16 03:14 PM
"Real FG%" is it gonna make any difference on Mypark & ProAM?

still not sure why its available for MyCareer mode

# 96 Americas Team @ 08/31/16 03:15 PM
Quote:
I can... but I won't.

I've been shooting with the analog for years, I dont see myself stopping now! As long as non three point shooting guys don't become sharp shooters just because one is good at using the analog stick to shoot.

# 97 Beluba @ 08/31/16 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLebron12
So if you're running to the corner for a 3, it would be better to use the Pro Stick to pull up and shoot the 3, rather then the shoot button as you may have a chance of it being a fadeaway or leaning jump shot?

No, either will work the same. But if you don't want a pull-up you need to let your guy slow down and settle before shooting.

# 98 RLebron12 @ 08/31/16 04:15 PM
Quote:
No, either will work the same. But if you don't want a pull-up you need to let your guy slow down and settle before shooting.

Gotcha thanks. Well with the pull-ups being improved this year I'm hoping I won't have to wait and let my guy slow down every time for a wide open 3.

# 99 Caelumfang @ 08/31/16 04:16 PM
Quote:

Good to know. That addressed the main concern I had about the shot stick and the stepbacks.

# 100 SeaTownGamer @ 08/31/16 05:35 PM
I want to be able to match up against my friends team online. It can be unranked I don't care just make it happen.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.