Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

STG has posted his NBA 2K17 hands-on impressions, going over the top 5 things to look forward to. Check it out and post your thoughts.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 cthurt @ 08/31/16 07:59 PM
Glad to hear the lighting is similar to 2k14.

# 2 Hustle Westbrook @ 08/31/16 08:19 PM
1. The game is smoother and the graphics look nice.
2. Rebounding is better. You can tap rebounds out to teammates.
3. The game is more competitive. Shot meter is oval and the shot stick gives you a boost when shooting. Right stick shots are aimed at a 90 degree angle up and down and it gives you a green indicator when aimed correctly. Green releases are guaranteed to go in. If you don't get it exactly 90 degrees up or down it tells you how many degrees far left or right you were away.
4. Defense is crazy. On-ball defense is rewarded. If your man gets past you, they don't instantly go into a layup animation, you can still recover and stop the drive.
5. Blacktop mode.

The shot stick info was pretty in depth. So basically the "aiming" part for the shooting is you aiming the stick up or down and releasing it at exactly a 90 degree angle.

# 3 LorenzoDC @ 08/31/16 09:06 PM
I don't know this guy, but it feels to me like his hype meter is over the top, especially as he talks about defense.

I mean, I expect it's improved, but I doubt it's as flawless as he's suggesting for on ball defense.

# 4 ForeverVersatile @ 08/31/16 09:09 PM
If I hear fluid or smooth 1 more time. Every year they use the same 2 words. It's almost like someone tells them to make sure they overemphasize on the fluidity.

These guys are starting to sound scripted. Stick skill is another phrase I keep hearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 5 VDusen04 @ 08/31/16 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
If I hear fluid or smooth 1 more time. Every year they use the same 2 words. It's almost like someone tells them to make sure they overemphasize on the fluidity.

These guys are starting to sound scripted. Stick skill is another phrase I keep hearing.
Word. I appreciate Hustle Westbrook from saving me a click on something like that. Most of those YouTube fellers are insufferable to me.

# 6 Goffs @ 08/31/16 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
I like the sound of tip-back rebounds.

I wanna know, tho, do we have control over that. I want control over whether I grab the ball, or tip it to a teammate.
I don't want this to be too accurate....most of the time when I go for a rebound and tip it's usually out of play...

# 7 stillfeelme @ 08/31/16 09:27 PM
I can't even be mad at him for this. This is the first person I hear talking about defense on the sticks and used actual animations from 2K16 that would have you beat.

Not one of these dudes talked about the new layup controls to go around a defender or through a defender.

# 8 LorenzoDC @ 08/31/16 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
I can't even be mad at him for this. This is the first person I hear talking about defense on the sticks and used actual animations from 2K16 that would have you beat.

Not one of these dudes talked about the new layup controls to go around a defender or through a defender.
Very fair point.

# 9 The 24th Letter @ 08/31/16 09:40 PM
Young men are going to talk like young men....folks get waaaaay too upset about it, lol

Im happy to hear how much guys are enjoying rebounding...but man, from the sounds of it, it almost sounds like there will be TOO much tipping

# 10 Goffs @ 08/31/16 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Young men are going to talk like young men....folks get waaaaay too upset about it, lol

Im happy to hear how much guys are enjoying rebounding...but man, from the sounds of it, it almost sounds like there will be TOO much tipping
From the streams I saw there were no tips....don't bother asking about the streams they're banned now lol

# 11 The 24th Letter @ 08/31/16 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
From the streams I saw there were no tips....don't bother asking about the streams they're banned now lol
Maaaaan you were holding out on us, lol

# 12 LorenzoDC @ 08/31/16 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

You calling me old?

# 13 mcpats @ 08/31/16 10:37 PM
That kid needs to clean his room

# 14 Hustle Westbrook @ 08/31/16 10:45 PM
Dude goes pretty in depth, it's not bad.

# 15 juicey79 @ 08/31/16 11:41 PM
is the replay director cut fixed? i hate how it cuts off suddenly.

# 16 Speedy @ 08/31/16 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpats
That kid needs to clean his room
Seriously...I was thinking the same thing.

# 17 Leasim96 @ 09/01/16 12:16 AM
I think a lot of people here are scared of being dissapointed by the hype - i agree that every year the hype is a bit exaggerated at the start. but its justified since there are often tons of changes. Lets take something into account though - the amount of information and allegedly improved features far exceed previous 2ks. Did we really have all these different things to talk about in previous years? - and to me the hype this year seems way more in depth. It really seems like this 2k will be one of the best. 2k only has 3 next gen games so far , in other words 3years of development and improvement in this next gen era. I believe from 2k17 forward - 2k games will start to take big leaps. The foundations are starting to be properly established - now its a matter of adding more detail and content.

# 18 swac07 @ 09/01/16 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Lol more keep popping up on youtube 😂

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

# 19 JJRuelz @ 09/01/16 12:54 AM
I don't thing a single person respects STG's opinion about the 2k games. He's somehow, after however many years of playing this game, still in the honey moon stage with it.

He's not gonna contest 2k's decisions.

# 20 Leasim96 @ 09/01/16 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRuelz
I don't thing a single person respects STG's opinion about the 2k games. He's somehow, after however many years of playing this game, still in the honey moon stage with it.

He's not gonna contest 2k's decisions.
Umm - that sounds a bit egotistic if you ask me. I do respect people like shake/smoove more as their knowledge about the game can be seen more through their videos - but i've seen stg show some knowledge too. And he is one of the best IRL 2k youtubers i've seen. So i do respect his opinion. He's just humble. Besides what is there to respect ? Everyone has said the same things about the game - if anything he went into better detail than some others. Don't see the need to target him specifically with that comment.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.