Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Redcityboi2K17 has posted more NBA 2K17 hands-on impressions, this one specifically on 2K Pro-Am. Check it out and post your thoughts.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Jhawkfootball06 @ 09/01/16 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Redcityboi2K17 has posted more NBA 2K17 hands-on impressions, this one specifically on 2K Pro-Am. Check it out and post your thoughts.
To sum up the video:
  • Teams will progress through different tiers in Pro-Am based off rank.
  • Your team gets rewarded more for beating a higher ranked team compared to a lower ranked team (beating a 10-2 team vs. beating a 5-6 team)
  • You are limited to only 5 gold badges, all the rest are bronze.
  • As your team ranks up in tiers, you unlock more stuff for your arena.
  • As your rank up, you will gain sponsorships for your team.
  • Full blown leaderboard, recording individual stats for each player on each team. Can "scout" other teams.
  • Rep will be exclusive to Walk-on Pro-AM. You will not gain any for regular Pro-AM games.
  • You can get to Walk-on Pro-AM games from the park.
  • Teams can have a maximum 10-man roster.
  • Can play without the owner.
  • While you are waiting for a game, you will be in your home court warming up with your team as it searches to find another team to play against.

# 2 coachcolbert @ 09/01/16 10:57 AM
only thing missing from pro am is a direct matchmaking system. even if it was "unranked" and didnt count towards leveling up that would fine too.

but im extremely excited to get started!!

EDIT: oh yea commentray would be great too lol

# 3 Inzombniac @ 09/01/16 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachcolbert
only thing missing from pro am is a direct matchmaking system. even if it was "unranked" and didnt count towards leveling up that would fine too.

but im extremely excited to get started!!

EDIT: oh yea commentray would be great too lol
Commentary is what I've been waiting on confirmation about. In some senses, it not being brought up to anyone makes me think that it's probably not in this year but there's still the optimist in me that believes that since a lot of these features were aimed more towards the mode itself rather than gameplay, there's a chance that it just didn't get brought up.

# 4 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/01/16 11:14 AM
Only five gold badges sounds epic !!

So when you pick your archetype under upgrade able badges those are the only ones that can be gold . You can still earn badges but they will only be bronze . I like that a lot .

# 5 Breakstarter @ 09/01/16 11:17 AM
If there are 10 roster spots, can you run one 2 teams of 5?
3 teams of 3
If the owner isn't around, 1 team of 4, another team of 5?

If you're not running with a full team of 5, will the blank spots be filled by NBA players like 2k11
OR random stuff like in 2k16?

# 6 JayBillups36 @ 09/01/16 11:23 AM
I'm super fired up. My shot creator gonna be doing everyone in!

# 7 raiderphantom @ 09/01/16 11:57 AM
Sounds good but these Yt guys are getting ridiculous. Organize your thoughts and thoroughly explain this stuff. Next dude I hear with this vague nonsense is getting a dislike lol

# 8 coachcolbert @ 09/01/16 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88

So when you pick your archetype under upgrade able badges those are the only ones that can be gold . You can still earn badges but they will only be bronze . I like that a lot .
im with you Rockie! i loved that too! also in Mike Wangs blog he spoke about a "Hall of Fame" badge that makes your signature skills better?!?!

i plan on making a 6'10" 300lb glass cleaner (mix between ben wallace, tractor trailor, and big baby davis) and i plan on going CRAZY on the glass as it is, but then i can get an additional boost? cmon 15th 9pm!!!!

# 9 coachcolbert @ 09/01/16 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBillups36
I'm super fired up. My shot creator gonna be doing everyone in!
definitely making a lockdown PG/SG as well lmao!!!

# 10 hopoffthiscliff @ 09/01/16 12:10 PM
This is great news, along with the info we got from Mike's blog about Pro AM and my career it's panning out to be a great morning. I do hope they add more playstyles in the coming years and I REALLY hope there's commentary in Pro AM this year.

# 11 Kurupt_XxX @ 09/01/16 12:23 PM
why no private matchmaking that is unranked?

# 12 coachcolbert @ 09/01/16 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurupt_XxX
why no private matchmaking that is unranked?
yea, this was another must have for pro am but the way it looks like its set up we'll have to have 1 team for ranked games and another to do matchups (for league play) - which will be even harder because of the tiers now..

but im sure we'll figure something out

# 13 Vroman @ 09/01/16 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88

Interesting that its specified for pro am, on park or walk on it might be all gold badges again..

# 14 HowDareI @ 09/01/16 01:11 PM
The badges really will make a difference...

Commentary tho? The REAL difference maker in keeping things interesting and not monotonous while listening to the crowd all game....at least give us some chants or custom music in arenas then....idk, such a big thing to me.

# 15 Jrocc23 @ 09/01/16 05:33 PM
No commentary and I'll barely play this mode again. Just too boring for me music or not. I want that official game feel like in 2K11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 16 MagicFan4Life @ 09/01/16 08:26 PM
Any news on being apart of multiple proam teams?

# 17 hopoffthiscliff @ 09/01/16 08:58 PM
With the lack of confirmation I'm not sure if commentary is gonna be in.

# 18 2_headedmonster @ 09/01/16 09:06 PM
Why cant i just invite 10 cats to mycourt and get some run in?

# 19 coachcolbert @ 09/01/16 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
Why cant i just invite 10 cats to mycourt and get some run in?
cant lie - would definitely miss the arena atmoshpere..

# 20 Jrocc23 @ 09/01/16 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicFan4Life
Any news on being apart of multiple proam teams?

I selfishly hope not. Makes it more competitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.