Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Madden NFL 17 patch 1.03 is available now, weighing in at 4.8 GB on PlayStation 4 and 368 MB on Xbox One.

You do not need to reset online or offline franchises in order for this patch to affect them. We have posted some of the details below, official patch notes will be posted as soon as we get them.

Let us know what you're seeing!

UPDATE: Here are the official Madden NFL 17 patch notes:
  • Fixed a gameplay issue where the player on defense could tell if the opponent was going to run or pass
  • Client-side fix for the bug where you could see ratings of the upcoming draft class prior to the draft (server fix already applied to Cloud Franchises)
  • Reduce the amount of strip-tackle attempts made by the CPU
  • Fixed a major desync which was happening when a user went from Skills Trainer to Online (happened fairly often after the new-user flow)
  • No passing icons on PA, Force defender tuning, nano detection system tuning, users not getting stamina penalty when meter depleted
  • Force defenders not dropping back vs. run when in zone coverage; Play Action desync; Fumble frequency in MUT solos.
  • Lots of high priority gameplay fixes that includes:
    • Stripping the Ball from behind the ball carrier is overpowered - We found a bug where the defender was getting multiple rolls at causing a fumble per animation
    • Occasionally on Play-Action passes, the user would be unable to throw the ball
    • Play-Action Pass Desync Online Head to Head Desync
    • MUT Online - Fixed an issue with Cowboys uniforms that could result in a 'white on white' situation
    • Acquisitions Screen showing rookie/free agent ratings before the draft - fixed
    • Fixed a crash that would occur in the Guantlet after making an interception in the Big Man Rumble challenge
    • Occasionally, users were triggering 'Nano Detection' when successfully using the 'Off the Line Mechanic' on RT as a pass rusher
    • Occasionally, users would lose all pre-play functionality when selecting a defensive linemen while breaking the huddle
    • Occasionally, user would see defensive plays disappear in the playbook screen after selecting an audible during the previous play
    • Fumbles occurring too frequently in MUT solos where the CPU-controlled team started with the lead
    • Force Players will be better at containing the edge once they get engaged
    • Force player will be faster in breaking out of Read and React and into Force
    • Cover 1 plays were sometimes not aligning to Trips formations correctly
    • Occasionally, offensive linemen would run to the end zone and not block when running no huddle repeatedly in Draft Champions.
    • When Force players on the playside of any non-counter runs had a zone coverage assignment, they would drop back into coverage at the snap - this has been fixed
    • Fixed a Crash in Franchise mode that would sometimes occur in Franchise mode Practice during goal completion

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 201 oneamongthefence @ 09/05/16 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
This is on all Madden thru 6 games in cfm. Coverage at 60 reaction 55 interception 50 and my qb accuracy at 25 no user catching. I get that it's julio but The CPU refuses to give his corner help over the top. Not sure what I, as a player can do for that but I'm not exaggerating. I know people are refusing to believe there's a problem but there is. Be it cpu play calling or bad coverage something isn't right.

Edit. I also wanted to add threshold is at 100 I also play with house rules of using play suggestion on offense , don't audible and don't call hot routes.
I can also agree with this. If release is high with an accurate qb it's too easy. However if you have a wr with a low release or a qb with low accuracy it's so much more difficult. I play with the Packers and Rodgers to Nelson is deadly. The defense just needs to not play press coverage with no safety help so much.

Sent from my LG-AS991 using Tapatalk

# 202 Smallville102001 @ 09/05/16 03:01 PM
Quote:
This is on all Madden thru 6 games in cfm. Coverage at 60 reaction 55 interception 50 and my qb accuracy at 25 no user catching. I get that it's julio but The CPU refuses to give his corner help over the top. Not sure what I, as a player can do for that but I'm not exaggerating. I know people are refusing to believe there's a problem but there is. Be it cpu play calling or bad coverage something isn't right.

Edit. I also wanted to add threshold is at 100 I also play with house rules of using play suggestion on offense , don't audible and don't call hot routes.

If you are really putting up tose kind of numbers on All Madden you have got to be like the best Madden player ever! I dont think most people could even put up those kind of numbers on pro.

# 203 CujoMatty @ 09/05/16 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
If you are really putting up tose kind of numbers on All Madden you have got to be like the best Madden player ever! I dont think most people could even put up those kind of numbers on pro.
Honestly the thing is I'm not that good but Julio is. By all means try it for yourself. Play a game on all Madden, select a go route and if you see the corner on Julio is in press coverage let it fly and I bet you get a td lol.
That in itself isn't necessarily the problem though because Julio would probably do that in real life too. The problem is you can do it all game and the CPU doesn't adjust.
Lastly I play on all Madden with charters sliders not the default sliders. You don't have to be the best Madden player to play all Madden. A lot of us who play on all Madden do it because we feel the CPU plays smarter and with sliders you can adjust the skill level. I'm actually getting very good games other than Julio running free all game and now that I nerfed his release rating it's been really good. Knock on wood.

# 204 Smallville102001 @ 09/05/16 04:10 PM
Quote:
Honestly the thing is I'm not that good but Julio is. By all means try it for yourself. Play a game on all Madden, select a go route and if you see the corner on Julio is in press coverage let it fly and I bet you get a td lol.
That in itself isn't necessarily the problem though because Julio would probably do that in real life too. The problem is you can do it all game and the CPU doesn't adjust.
Lastly I play on all Madden with charters sliders not the default sliders. You don't have to be the best Madden player to play all Madden. A lot of us who play on all Madden do it because we feel the CPU plays smarter and with sliders you can adjust the skill level. I'm actually getting very good games other than Julio running free all game and now that I nerfed his release rating it's been really good. Knock on wood.

You are playing on All madden with sliders that make it even harder then yes you are great at madden. I have a hard time even playing on all pro. On all pro default I only complete like 50% of my passes and I throw like 3-5 INT a game.

# 205 oneamongthefence @ 09/05/16 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
You are playing on All madden with sliders that make it even harder then yes you are great at madden. I have a hard time even playing on all pro. On all pro default I only complete like 50% of my passes and I throw like 3-5 INT a game.
There isn't any skill that goes into completing those passes other than seeing the corner in press with no safety to help. Ratings play into the outcome quite a bit but the cpu makes no attempt to stop it so it's easily abused. It doesn't happen often but when you see it it's almost a guaranteed long completion. The results are true to life based on players but the cpu just doesn't adjust.

Sent from my LG-AS991 using Tapatalk

# 206 yodaddi @ 09/05/16 11:56 PM
is there a patch for Xbox 360?

# 207 VinnyVegas28 @ 09/06/16 09:20 AM
Post patch impressions playing in offline Cfm on all pro with default sliders..qb are definitely more aware in pocket..seen Wilson scramble a few times and most qbs move around to buy time. Running game seems harder..my defense is not as strong now as it was pre patch..could be matchups but something feels off. Also the speed of the game seems to have gone up a bit in my opinion.

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

# 208 mrsaito @ 09/06/16 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestbrother
hmm since the update ive noticed that i dont have a tuning file and it wont even attempt to download one. Normally on boot up it prompts me, but nothing at all.

i dont have PS plus so cant force it through going online either
The same thing happened to me. Does anybody know if this patch is supposed to 'include' the tuner file?

# 209 Find_the_Door @ 09/07/16 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
So guys, what is the consensus on the patch. Did you all like the game better prior to the patch or post patch? I've got the game playing the way that I like it. I'm afraid installing the patch is going to mess it up. What do you guys suggest?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Like it a lot better before. Run Pass glitch should've been the only thing fixed h2h related.

# 210 VinnyVegas28 @ 09/07/16 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
So guys, what is the consensus on the patch. Did you all like the game better prior to the patch or post patch? I've got the game playing the way that I like it. I'm afraid installing the patch is going to mess it up. What do you guys suggest?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I personally prefer the game before the patch..it just doesn't feel the same and not in a good way. I've only tested it offline in Cfm.

# 211 SoxFan01605 @ 09/07/16 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Like it a lot better before. Run Pass glitch should've been the only thing fixed h2h related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyVegas28
I personally prefer the game before the patch..it just doesn't feel the same and not in a good way. I've only tested it offline in Cfm.

I'm curious, what have you guys found to be worse post-patch? I ask because any of the issues I've run into were present pre-patch as well.

For the record, I'm talking about this most recent patch...I never played the game prior to the initial "day one" patch.

# 212 LowerWolf @ 09/07/16 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaito
The same thing happened to me. Does anybody know if this patch is supposed to 'include' the tuner file?
The patch does include the tuner, that's why you're not prompted. When they release another tuner, you'll get prompted again.

# 213 VinnyVegas28 @ 09/07/16 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I'm curious, what have you guys found to be worse post-patch? I ask because any of the issues I've run into were present pre-patch as well.

For the record, I'm talking about this most recent patch...I never played the game prior to the initial "day one" patch.
I feel like the game speed is faster by a bit and animations aren't as smooth as they were. Also feel like my defense is getting tore up now and that wasn't the case before. Running game has changed as my O line is not holding blocks like they were. Only thing that's better IMHO..is qbs awareness in pocket has improved for cpu. I've only tested in offline Cfm..I didn't think the fumbles were that bad before patch either.

# 214 mrsaito @ 09/07/16 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
The patch does include the tuner, that's why you're not prompted. When they release another tuner, you'll get prompted again.
Thanks LowerWolf!

# 215 bluestreak10 @ 09/08/16 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKennedy87
Maybe play on All-Madden if All-Pro is too easy. I haven't seen this at all on AM.
I have yet to see anyone over throw a receiver on a deep pass... game killer for me.

# 216 ehh @ 09/08/16 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestreak10
I have yet to see anyone over throw a receiver on a deep pass... game killer for me.
I only play offline but I have seen it a few times. I'm on All Madden with CPU QBA at 9.

Was in a test CFM with Green Bay playing Dallas. Crucial 3rd and 1 in the 4th, they called a PA and Dez absolutely torched the CB, probably the most open I've ever seen a WR in an EA game, and Romo over shot him by 5-10 yards. I almost certainly would have lost if they connected.

# 217 NYJin2011tm @ 09/08/16 12:12 PM
With Fitzpatrick I sprinted out of the pocket to his left(weakside) and while in full sprint hit a receiver 50 yards down field dead center in his chest on default All Pro.

# 218 NYJin2011tm @ 09/08/16 01:08 PM
Isn't that the level the game is tuned on and default for online?

# 219 Millennium @ 09/08/16 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
With Fitzpatrick I sprinted out of the pocket to his left(weakside) and while in full sprint hit a receiver 50 yards down field dead center in his chest on default All Pro.
I'd like to see this video.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

# 220 Millennium @ 09/08/16 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
Well yeah but it's completely unrealistic. All Madden with sliders is the best way to play.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
My problem with All Madden is CPU boosts. They are toned down this year, but they are still there, especially CPU DBs making cuts before WRs.

I'm getting a huge amount of realistic variety on All Pro. Some may need All Madden for the challenge, but my opinion is that All Pro is the level the promotes the most realism.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.