Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Madden NFL 17 patch 1.03 is available now, weighing in at 4.8 GB on PlayStation 4 and 368 MB on Xbox One.

You do not need to reset online or offline franchises in order for this patch to affect them. We have posted some of the details below, official patch notes will be posted as soon as we get them.

Let us know what you're seeing!

UPDATE: Here are the official Madden NFL 17 patch notes:
  • Fixed a gameplay issue where the player on defense could tell if the opponent was going to run or pass
  • Client-side fix for the bug where you could see ratings of the upcoming draft class prior to the draft (server fix already applied to Cloud Franchises)
  • Reduce the amount of strip-tackle attempts made by the CPU
  • Fixed a major desync which was happening when a user went from Skills Trainer to Online (happened fairly often after the new-user flow)
  • No passing icons on PA, Force defender tuning, nano detection system tuning, users not getting stamina penalty when meter depleted
  • Force defenders not dropping back vs. run when in zone coverage; Play Action desync; Fumble frequency in MUT solos.
  • Lots of high priority gameplay fixes that includes:
    • Stripping the Ball from behind the ball carrier is overpowered - We found a bug where the defender was getting multiple rolls at causing a fumble per animation
    • Occasionally on Play-Action passes, the user would be unable to throw the ball
    • Play-Action Pass Desync Online Head to Head Desync
    • MUT Online - Fixed an issue with Cowboys uniforms that could result in a 'white on white' situation
    • Acquisitions Screen showing rookie/free agent ratings before the draft - fixed
    • Fixed a crash that would occur in the Guantlet after making an interception in the Big Man Rumble challenge
    • Occasionally, users were triggering 'Nano Detection' when successfully using the 'Off the Line Mechanic' on RT as a pass rusher
    • Occasionally, users would lose all pre-play functionality when selecting a defensive linemen while breaking the huddle
    • Occasionally, user would see defensive plays disappear in the playbook screen after selecting an audible during the previous play
    • Fumbles occurring too frequently in MUT solos where the CPU-controlled team started with the lead
    • Force Players will be better at containing the edge once they get engaged
    • Force player will be faster in breaking out of Read and React and into Force
    • Cover 1 plays were sometimes not aligning to Trips formations correctly
    • Occasionally, offensive linemen would run to the end zone and not block when running no huddle repeatedly in Draft Champions.
    • When Force players on the playside of any non-counter runs had a zone coverage assignment, they would drop back into coverage at the snap - this has been fixed
    • Fixed a Crash in Franchise mode that would sometimes occur in Franchise mode Practice during goal completion

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 drewst18 @ 09/02/16 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkmayor
Patch is 4.8GB on PS4 btw
That can't be right, how is that possible

# 22 JimmyT85 @ 09/02/16 10:27 AM
Really hope the CPU QB not throwing when user MLB is in zone hook coverage, has been fixed

# 23 SoxFan01605 @ 09/02/16 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Rex just stated in his live stream that the QB PA glitch being fixed SHOULD fix QB scrambling as well.

He is testing it now:

Twitch.TV/RexDEAFootball

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Man...Rex is extra hyped this morning.

These early tests look promising for the scrambling though.

EDIT: He's going over patch notes now, for those interested.

# 24 extremeskins04 @ 09/02/16 10:28 AM
It's awesome they got these fixes in. I hope that one of the "stability fixes" means my games don't freeze intermittently. Sometimes when me and or the cpu scores, the buttons don't respond and the game freezes before the kickoff.

Also, there were some crashes to desktop also. I've bug reported these.

# 25 DeuceDouglas @ 09/02/16 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Which system? It's smaller on XB1, apparently. On PS4, mine is showing as 4.841 to be exact.
Yeah, XB1. I think it was only 348mb. Just read this on Gamespot as well:

Quote:
In a Twitch livestream today, Dickson said there will be a much bigger update for Madden NFL 17 coming later that will include "hundreds" of fixes.

# 26 CMadatMe @ 09/02/16 10:38 AM
Quote:
What's wrong with coverage on deep balls?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
The only issue I see with the Safety Coverage is that they play too deep at times and are slow to react to the throw but reactive to a catch.

# 27 Millennium @ 09/02/16 10:38 AM
I'm watching the stream and updating the first post as he releases more information.

# 28 queenie.paula @ 09/02/16 10:39 AM
any official notes on everything yet?

# 29 queenie.paula @ 09/02/16 10:40 AM
Quote:
I'm watching the stream and updating the first post as he releases more information.
yay thanks

# 30 JKennedy87 @ 09/02/16 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=888340

Here is one of the threads. I also started a thread myself. On all pro try it out yourself.

Run any play with a deep out route.. easy completion past the CB. It's like they get stuck in mud and any receiver can just blow right by.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Maybe play on All-Madden if All-Pro is too easy. I haven't seen this at all on AM.

# 31 Millennium @ 09/02/16 10:42 AM
Quote:
Well I'll still hold out hope for the coverage issue to be remedied. There can't only be a handful of us seeing this issue .

I saw that mrprice was in that thread. Rest assured if he is seeing it the devs know.

# 32 Gosens6 @ 09/02/16 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shugknight
I can agree that it's also in Millenium.

Reasons for the deep ball coverage is:

1. WR #1 is matched up on the left side with normally CB#2

2. CB plays press about 75% of all passing plays. Which allows your #1 receiver or any fast WR to outrun their defender. Especially if they have a good release.

3. Safeties do not play deep coverage very well. Only about 33% of all passing plays involving deep plays has a Safety in good position to swat the ball or defender the WR.

Playing as the Bears on default All Madden, I tested this out and had 350+ yards with Alshon Jeffrey and 3 TDs in less than a half of a game.
We're a rare breed, man. No one else is seeing this

# 33 mr_dukes @ 09/02/16 10:45 AM
Quote:
Nothing about coverage on deep balls? Damnit

I was hoping wide receiver shading Inside/Outside would be fixed maybe in the next one

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

# 34 underdog13 @ 09/02/16 10:46 AM
Quote:
We're a rare breed, man. No one else is seeing this

Everyone is seeing it just some don't notice it. Its just too much cover 1 press is called. I feel like the dbs play well just bad play.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

# 35 callmetaternuts @ 09/02/16 10:48 AM
Just hopped on livestream, what did he say about QB scrambles?

# 36 Millennium @ 09/02/16 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Just hopped on livestream, what did he say about QB scrambles?
Scrambles should be fixed with the PA issues, per Rex and Jake.

# 37 Armor and Sword @ 09/02/16 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast49ers
Hoping they tuned AI QB scrambles and it's just not in the notes.

Also the cpu automatically cutting players is not mentioned
A desync issue with Play Action passes where the QB would either lose passing icons or could not move has been fixed. This fix should also affect CPU QBs not scrambling.

On the OP patch notes now......hope it helps!!! Waiting for this monster sized patch for PS4 to DL....wow it is big.

# 38 callmetaternuts @ 09/02/16 10:53 AM
Quote:
Scrambles should be fixed with the PA issues, per Rex and Jake.
At the risk of being annoying, did he demo it on his twitch? He's showing the Force Defender stuff in depth now, but I missed QB stuff

# 39 Millennium @ 09/02/16 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
At the risk of being annoying, did he demo it on his twitch? He's showing the Force Defender stuff in depth now, but I missed QB stuff
He did - he used Russell Wilson in practice mode.

# 40 callmetaternuts @ 09/02/16 10:58 AM
Quote:
He did - he used Russell Wilson in practice mode.
How'd it look. Did DangerRuss take off a few times?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.