Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Madden NFL 17 patch 1.03 is available now, weighing in at 4.8 GB on PlayStation 4 and 368 MB on Xbox One.

You do not need to reset online or offline franchises in order for this patch to affect them. We have posted some of the details below, official patch notes will be posted as soon as we get them.

Let us know what you're seeing!

UPDATE: Here are the official Madden NFL 17 patch notes:
  • Fixed a gameplay issue where the player on defense could tell if the opponent was going to run or pass
  • Client-side fix for the bug where you could see ratings of the upcoming draft class prior to the draft (server fix already applied to Cloud Franchises)
  • Reduce the amount of strip-tackle attempts made by the CPU
  • Fixed a major desync which was happening when a user went from Skills Trainer to Online (happened fairly often after the new-user flow)
  • No passing icons on PA, Force defender tuning, nano detection system tuning, users not getting stamina penalty when meter depleted
  • Force defenders not dropping back vs. run when in zone coverage; Play Action desync; Fumble frequency in MUT solos.
  • Lots of high priority gameplay fixes that includes:
    • Stripping the Ball from behind the ball carrier is overpowered - We found a bug where the defender was getting multiple rolls at causing a fumble per animation
    • Occasionally on Play-Action passes, the user would be unable to throw the ball
    • Play-Action Pass Desync Online Head to Head Desync
    • MUT Online - Fixed an issue with Cowboys uniforms that could result in a 'white on white' situation
    • Acquisitions Screen showing rookie/free agent ratings before the draft - fixed
    • Fixed a crash that would occur in the Guantlet after making an interception in the Big Man Rumble challenge
    • Occasionally, users were triggering 'Nano Detection' when successfully using the 'Off the Line Mechanic' on RT as a pass rusher
    • Occasionally, users would lose all pre-play functionality when selecting a defensive linemen while breaking the huddle
    • Occasionally, user would see defensive plays disappear in the playbook screen after selecting an audible during the previous play
    • Fumbles occurring too frequently in MUT solos where the CPU-controlled team started with the lead
    • Force Players will be better at containing the edge once they get engaged
    • Force player will be faster in breaking out of Read and React and into Force
    • Cover 1 plays were sometimes not aligning to Trips formations correctly
    • Occasionally, offensive linemen would run to the end zone and not block when running no huddle repeatedly in Draft Champions.
    • When Force players on the playside of any non-counter runs had a zone coverage assignment, they would drop back into coverage at the snap - this has been fixed
    • Fixed a Crash in Franchise mode that would sometimes occur in Franchise mode Practice during goal completion

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 bad_philanthropy @ 09/02/16 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Meaning he is upset that qb scramble by the cpu are not yet fixed?
At least he seems to be acknowledging/seeing the QB AI glitch for himself.

The game would benefit hugely from even a closed beta.

The devs do the best they can—and it's an amazing job these past few years— but this is just too old, wheezy, and jumbled a code base to expect they can get a really clean game out on an annual cycle.

# 62 Kese86 @ 09/02/16 11:37 AM
Didn't see this in the patch notes but I didn't receive all of my Gatorade packs in MUT for completing the training mode. Is there already a fix for this?

# 63 queenie.paula @ 09/02/16 11:52 AM
what bout auto subs, is that ever gonna be fixed

# 64 ibroxroar67 @ 09/02/16 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
At least he seems to be acknowledging/seeing the QB AI glitch for himself.

The game would benefit hugely from even a closed beta.

The devs do the best they can—and it's an amazing job these past few years— but this is just too old, wheezy, and jumbled a code base to expect they can get a really clean game out on an annual cycle.

The QB AI glitch was acknowledged by EA in the first couple of days from release....

# 65 JayD @ 09/02/16 11:59 AM
Anything about exploiting the CPU press coverage? The defense goes into press coverage a lot and the receiver almost always burns him for an easy touchdown.

# 66 bad_philanthropy @ 09/02/16 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibroxroar67
The QB AI glitch was acknowledged by EA in the first couple of days from release....
There was confusion between the AI behavior with respect to scrambling, and the PA glitch where the QB would essentially stop playing after the drop back.

# 67 ocho cuatro @ 09/02/16 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Anything about exploiting the CPU press coverage? The defense goes into press coverage a lot and the receiver almost always burns him for an easy touchdown.
If you use a custom defensive playbook for the CPU, that exploit is eliminated.

# 68 kcchiefs1984 @ 09/02/16 12:12 PM
Quote:
52 hours?............
Yes, it says 52 hours. I'm sure it will speed up, but it took 40 hours to download the game. I have the best internet I can get, dsl 1mg download speed. Thank you Verizon. I love seeing their 100mg download speed commercials for $10 more a month.

# 69 Millennium @ 09/02/16 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Wow, they released a second patch? First being the day one release patch. And there is talk of another larger patch? Impressive. When did they start working on this 9/2 patch?
This was being worked on during the EA Access trial. The larger patch is being worked on currently with a larger number of gameplay fixes. This is more of an 'emergency' turnaround with issues that could be fixed in a shorter timeline.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

# 70 ibroxroar67 @ 09/02/16 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchiefs1984
Yes, it says 52 hours. I'm sure it will speed up, but it took 40 hours to download the game. I have the best internet I can get, dsl 1mg download speed. Thank you Verizon. I love seeing their 100mg download speed commercials for $10 more a month.

Where do you live?....

# 71 Landonio @ 09/02/16 12:28 PM
Damn. Was hoping to see:

-fix for not being able to change your playbook in CFM in Owner Mode
-fix for the freezing in CFM (when saving, loading, coming in and out of menus in My Coach, and sometimes when exiting a game)
-fix for some of the numerous weird gameplay bugs (particularly the whole "not being able to press any buttons and being forced to take a delay of game" one)
-reduction of the number of coach shots between plays in CFM (it's literally after like 95% of the plays)
-fix for offensive players winning DPOY, and vice-versa
-add ability to turn off rumble on the Xbone

Otherwise, no complaints.

# 72 cable guy @ 09/02/16 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
It's much too easy to complete deep balls for touchdowns on out routes.

I can get at least 3 TDs a game on deep balls if I tried. There's a few threads that got buried here discussing it.

I have to eliminate deep routes from my playbook, it sucks.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
That seems significantly different in CFM games. Definitely had that issue on Play Now games.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

# 73 ggsimmonds @ 09/02/16 12:33 PM
Quote:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=888340

Here is one of the threads. I also started a thread myself. On all pro try it out yourself.

Run any play with a deep out route.. easy completion past the CB. It's like they get stuck in mud and any receiver can just blow right by.

Maybe this sounds like nitpicking, but that is not a deep ball. In game it is considered a medium pass. Deep passes are those where the ball travels 45 yards in the air. The distinction is important if you want them to fine tune it.

The reason the deep out is easy is twofold:
1. The timing is far easier in game than in real life, primarily because of our view.

2. All medium passes seemingly have the same difficulty. In Madden throwing a open crossing route or post route is just as hard as throwing the deep out.

# 74 therizing02 @ 09/02/16 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocho cuatro
If you use a custom defensive playbook for the CPU, that exploit is eliminated.
This cannot be stated enough. Poor play-calling has been a huge under the radar issue that has plagued this game for years and the complaints never gain any traction.

There are literally hundreds of plays in every playbook and less than 20 are even used. On the defensive side of the ball it's an even bigger joke. I challenge anyone to make a custom CPU defensive play book and prioritize the plays properly and then see what kind of game you get.

This doesn't require a patch unless they FINALLY allow us to assign custom play books to CPU opponents without having to jump through hoops.....or at a minimum have a freaking intern go in and adjust the star levels of the plays and for the love of.......get rid of the majority of the Four Verticle calls! It's stupid! It's just hilarious that people complain about the one armed catches being OP. Maybe....maybe not, but when the CPU and USER are constantly calling this play it's going to create an idea that it is. Want to see how ridiculous it is...go into any teams offensive playbook, look at 3rd and 4th and long situations as well as 2 minute drill....how many times is four verticles in there? Also, why are PA passes often being called on 3rd and long? What DC is going to fall for a PA pass on 3rd and 8 or more?

Simple fix that makes game play light years better and more challenging than it is now..

# 75 ibroxroar67 @ 09/02/16 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
This cannot be stated enough. Poor play-calling has been a huge under the radar issue that has plagued this game for years and the complaints never gain any traction.

There are literally hundreds of plays in every playbook and less than 20 are even used. On the defensive side of the ball it's an even bigger joke. I challenge anyone to make a custom CPU defensive play book and prioritize the plays properly and then see what kind of game you get.

This doesn't require a patch unless they FINALLY allow us to assign custom play books to CPU opponents without having to jump through hoops.....or at a minimum have a freaking intern go in and adjust the star levels of the plays and for the love of.......get rid of the majority of the Four Verticle calls! It's stupid! It's just hilarious that people complain about the one armed catches being OP. Maybe....maybe not, but when the CPU and USER are constantly calling this play it's going to create an idea that it is. Want to see how ridiculous it is...go into any teams offensive playbook, look at 3rd and 4th and long situations as well as 2 minute drill....how many times is four verticles in there?

Simple fix that makes game play light years better and more challenging than it is now..

+100 sir.....

# 76 Millennium @ 09/02/16 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
So if a patch is purely gameplay fixes, it'll apply to an offline cfm that I started before it came out, right?

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
It should.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

# 77 jake44np @ 09/02/16 12:40 PM
Quote:
Where do you live?....
Wow, it took me less than an hour to download the game.
Do you have dial up internet?

# 78 hurricane83 @ 09/02/16 12:54 PM
Quote:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=888340

Here is one of the threads. I also started a thread myself. On all pro try it out yourself.

Run any play with a deep out route.. easy completion past the CB. It's like they get stuck in mud and any receiver can just blow right by.

Hey man thanks for linking my post. I really appreciate it. It's gotten more steam than I ever anticipated. It's kind of disappointing that they didn't get a patch in for the deep ball but at least they patched the outside runs being overly effective. Hopefully in next patch they'll address it along with decreasing QB accuracy. How would I get it to someone's attention that matters? Someone who can pass it on to Devs?

# 79 tessl @ 09/02/16 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchiefs1984
I had a problem similar to that until I adjusted download settings on my ps4.

# 80 Blackout863 @ 09/02/16 12:56 PM
No fix for random Coach Challenges during games that take away time outs and valuable challenges late in the game?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.