Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

The official Madden NFL 17 roster update is scheduled to arrive on Friday, September 9. We will post the details when they arrive.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 goillini03 @ 09/06/16 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightline
Wait.

Ok, so maybe it would be better to get an update earlier. But give credit that the actual date has been released instead of waiting everyday for an update. This transparency is a good thing.

I agree. My issue is a selfish one, but that is why it is my opinion!

# 22 jmizzal @ 09/06/16 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDutchDad
Well, I can see why people would want it before season actually officially starts. And they should...no reason to have it that delayed.

But in any case, I just DL a roster in the share vault, and it was pretty well updated. I just went with that. No sense waiting so long. Doesn't make a difference to me personally.
I would just use the user roster but the first roster update has a lot of players who make teams that were not in the original roster, and EA can have those real players, unlike the user rosters, unless the person goes out of there way to create every new player. Its still too late, I could make a user roster with every new player created and all player transactions in one day, it shouldnt take EA until Friday, why would they release it after the season has started.

# 23 bestbrother @ 09/06/16 02:46 PM
Chugging along with play nows atm until this roster drops. Good to see it come out so soon, was expecting next Monday in all honesty. So Friday is a bonus as it means I can get going this weekend and gives me a few more days to nail down which team I take on.

# 24 jmizzal @ 09/06/16 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
I am curious if the roster update will include all players on teams practice squads. So when we start our online league if we choose the 53 man roster to use, will the practice squads already be filled or no?
The rosters outside of Franchise mode doesnt list practice squad anyways, so they will just need to keep the real players thats on the PS on the team. The will have the final 53, 10 PS players and the IR players, its able to go over since you can start your Franchise in the Pre season anyways.

# 25 doctorduck @ 09/06/16 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbravesfan
Will be interested to see how EA handles the Giants and their FB situation. Both Johnson and Whitlock are on IR so they can be used for the roster requirement of at least 1 FB, but don't think either can be on the depth chart since they are injured.
I don't think there is a FB requirement anymore. Using the 49ers, I'm halfway thru the second season and haven't had a fullback on the roster at any point

# 26 The JareBear @ 09/06/16 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
All the complaining, not just about this, but about other trivial crap, is really annoying. EA made a hell of a game this year, and all half of y'all wanna do is complain?

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
People are allowed to have opinions.

# 27 roadman @ 09/06/16 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightline
Wait.

Ok, so maybe it would be better to get an update earlier. But give credit that the actual date has been released instead of waiting everyday for an update. This transparency is a good thing.
It was announced on Twitter last week and the OS Developer Tweet thread put the tweet inside the thread.

That thread is a gold mine once you look for the nuggets.

# 28 roadman @ 09/06/16 07:18 PM
Can we all just let it go what was in the game from yesteryear, what should be in the game this year and the future and let it drift back to rosters.

There are other thread/s for the other stuff.

Thanks.

# 29 Kid OS @ 09/06/16 07:25 PM
I hope this roster includes practice squad players and adds players who aren't currently in the game. Last year was a struggle as a Carolina fan not having access to RB Brandon Wegher, and this season I don't have access to WR Damiere Byrd.

# 30 pmmartin86 @ 09/06/16 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorduck
I don't think there is a FB requirement anymore. Using the 49ers, I'm halfway thru the second season and haven't had a fullback on the roster at any point
last year if you had a team with no fullback, and then you signed one, or changed a players position to fullback, the requirement kicked in. I played with the patriots, and the fullback was injured, it didnt make me sign a new one, then I accidentally changed a running back to fullback, and it wouldnt let me change him back unless I signed a new one.

# 31 WitDaBiz @ 09/06/16 08:52 PM
It would be cool if this roster update included all of the 300 something rookies that were face scanned at the combine added to this update along with some of the premier players in the game who don't have a real face. Like be serious, how is it that some of the best players in the league Earl Thomas, DaMarco Murry, Trufant...etc don't have face scan. 1st, 2nd and 3rd round drafted players would easly have a face scan since 2008 til now. If more of the teams got love how Dallas did on the last years face likeness update the gamers would play longer franchise's with original teams I believe. EA also makes fifa but they are far more serious about making a real authentic simulated game as you see player likeness is taken to a new level. Come on Madden, step your game up

# 32 oneamongthefence @ 09/06/16 08:55 PM
EA is at the mercy of the athletes.

Sent from my LG-AS991 using Tapatalk

# 33 bigdipper88 @ 09/06/16 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WitDaBiz
It would be cool if this roster update included all of the 300 something rookies that were face scanned at the combine added to this update along with some of the premier players in the game who don't have a real face. Like be serious, how is it that some of the best players in the league Earl Thomas, DaMarco Murry, Trufant...etc don't have face scan. 1st, 2nd and 3rd round drafted players would easly have a face scan since 2008 til now. If more of the teams got love how Dallas did on the last years face likeness update the gamers would play longer franchise's with original teams I believe. EA also makes fifa but they are far more serious about making a real authentic simulated game as you see player likeness is taken to a new level. Come on Madden, step your game up
It's up to the player whether they want to be scanned or not. Can't force someone to do

# 34 WitDaBiz @ 09/06/16 11:29 PM
Well it sucks and that's why Fifa is killing every year

# 35 WitDaBiz @ 09/06/16 11:43 PM
Anyone know when the player likeness update is scheduled to be released

# 36 NFLfan80 @ 09/07/16 01:08 AM
Will I have to make the cut down to 53 men when this new roster comes out? I can't remember how they did the first one last year.

# 37 mastershake88 @ 09/07/16 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Not really sure what you guys are complaining about. Last year the roster update arrived on Friday, the day after the Thursday night opener.
I think most of the complaints are coming from people who just started their CFMs. Tbh, I started 6 of them and overwrote each time. I like the custom download rosters, but without the updated IRs it makes it impossible to get the most realistic playout.

# 38 ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ @ 09/07/16 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

The official Madden NFL 17 roster update is scheduled to arrive on Friday, September 9. We will post the details when they arrive.
Hopefully they'll be aware that 49ers Anthony Davis is now the starting RG, and that Trenton Brown, the starting RT, beat him out for Tackle because he's way better than the sub-70 rating Madden gave him.

Von Miller went against him in a preseason game and practices, and he says Trenton Brown is one of the best tackles in the NFL.

http://sfo.247sports.com/Bolt/Bronco...Brown-47261500

Von Miller:
"I feel like Trent Brown has a very bright future in the National Football League. He's 6'8'', he knows how to use his arms, he knows how to use his wingspan. He has length. I feel like he's young and people haven't really seen him, but I feel like he's one of the better tackles in the National Football League."
http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/8/2...ers-vs-broncos

If the best outside pass rusher in football says those things, you are not a 68 overall tackle.

# 39 NFLfan80 @ 09/07/16 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLfan80
Will I have to make the cut down to 53 men when this new roster comes out? I can't remember how they did the first one last year.
Anyone know?

# 40 Scott @ 09/07/16 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLfan80
Anyone know?
As it's been stated, nobody is sure until they get released.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.