Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Quote:
The 2K development team traveled to all 30 NBA arenas to record and analyze the different sounds exclusive to each arena. Logging thousands of miles to bring you the most authentic experience in a sports game ever, watch how each arena in NBA 2K17 will have it's own flavor and be more realistic than ever before.

Check out the trailer and post your thoughts.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 daveberg @ 09/06/16 02:58 PM
Lemme guess.....legends arenas will all be bland and generic.

# 62 lilteapot @ 09/06/16 03:00 PM
I wish they'd get rid of the generic 2k PA announcer. he sounds like a moron most of the time.

# 63 Mintsa @ 09/06/16 03:00 PM
See the 1:00 mark............that's me in that raptors crowd.

# 64 PPerfect_CJ @ 09/06/16 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Especially because it feels like it'd take at most 20 minutes to get right. It's not coding or anything.
And they're worried about the SOUND of the court over the court being CORRECT. Seems like first things should be first.

# 65 WaddupCouzin @ 09/06/16 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
I get it, you don't care because it isn't YOUR teams court (and unis) that are all jacked up (for the 2nd straight year).

I play almost exclusively as the Bucks. If, let's say, the Nuggets court was way off, it wouldn't bother me either. But you better believe I'd completely understand if Nuggets fans were fuming over it.
I actually understand your issue. I'm a Laker fan and they mess up the Purple the Lakers use every year, I get it. That's why I wish they would fix it, cause the game appears to give you so much anguish!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

# 66 cmebfresh @ 09/06/16 03:06 PM
Who cares about ball bounces.. but at the same time im glad its in the game.

im so confused

# 67 Urrbo1 @ 09/06/16 03:06 PM
Funny thing is the crowd still is not gonna react the right way all these chants and pa announcers are going to do those chants at the wrong time and were about 2-3 weeks away from the game dropping and they aint show not 1 gameplay we have to go scurry around youtube and find videos. Come next year half of these features are gonna be taken out and replaced with "new features" these guys are literally about drop gameplay 1 week before the game come out smh

# 68 lilteapot @ 09/06/16 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGDunks
Seriously, watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFu3OWjNC_w

That game was made seven years ago, and was absolutely amazing for audio. The only thing 2K beats it in is having a PA announcer that tries to at least imitate the real life ones.

Every possession is filled with variety and realistic sounds, just like what you get watching a Celtics game. In 2K we're limited to one or two sounds, and a lot of the time they're generic. That trailer showed nothing at all to indicate that they worked heavily on this area.

Ball on floor and rim/net sounds are nice, but you're going to notice crowd noises, chants and organs a hell of a lot more.
I agree, the stuff they showed in the trailer didn't sound like anything new.

# 69 cmebfresh @ 09/06/16 03:07 PM
Lets just hope the crowd get hype when they are supposed to. other than that this is crap

# 70 DeathstrokeXV @ 09/06/16 03:09 PM
Man I wish 2K and MSG could agree on using the MSG name, it sucks playing at the "Knicks Arena" especially when all the other sports game have them (NHL, Fight Night, UFC)

# 71 Urrbo1 @ 09/06/16 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
They should have authentic rim/dunk sounds for each stadium right? Hell if they recorded the ball bouncing they should have that right?

Kinda surprised that it wasn't showcased.
Thats cause its not all these "new features" they are promoting has either been in the game or taken out in previous games come next year this is all gonna be scrapped and promoted as something else they showing all these trailers but cant atleast show us how the new mechanics work in gameplay that doesnt smell fishy to anybody

# 72 wallofhate @ 09/06/16 03:11 PM
As a Knicks fan I sympathize with bucks fans with 2k. They finally finally got the jerseys issue behind them but our court is another thing. Could it really be Tamsin though? I mean is there a ny Knicks blue or there that can't be replicated without payment? I get the whole lack of using the msg but the blue? Besides if my memory serves me correct college hoops 2k had the licensing to msg for some tourney or season kick off game and the blue still wasn't right. I know nike owned the Michigan certain maze and blue so adidas has to alter but let's say that is true couldn't a closer version of the color be picked? I could be completely wrong. I'm guessing it's more of some kind of bug issue or something idk

# 73 ataman5 @ 09/06/16 03:11 PM
May i use lit? Because that's literally lit in most convenient way! Bravo 2k !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 74 aholbert32 @ 09/06/16 03:13 PM
I like most of what they showed but I see two issues:

- During the Kemba shot, the crowd hardly reacted which is the problem I've seen in past games. Hopefully the game was a blowout and Kemba's shot didnt mean anything.

- Most of the team specific sounds were already in the game. The Philly FT sound, Atlanta "Threeeeee" and the MSG organ with announcer were in 2k16. Only the Hornets announcer is new.

# 75 Urrbo1 @ 09/06/16 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathstrokeXV
Man I wish 2K and MSG could agree on using the MSG name, it sucks playing at the "Knicks Arena" especially when all the other sports game have them (NHL, Fight Night, UFC)
Thats cause msg on the low knows they still aint gonna do it correct 2k really has been half assing this game since 2k13 every year they remove and bring back like why just keep the damn thing the same

# 76 BluFu @ 09/06/16 03:16 PM
I had no problems with the crowd sounds in 16 honestly. The fact that they were completely oblivious to what was happening on the court was the major issue. Haven't heard a single mention of it being fixed at all so I'm not hopeful for improvement..

# 77 El_Poopador @ 09/06/16 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
I don't think this a good use of resources. These are such negligible changes that most gamers won't pay attention to them. What we really need is a responsive crowd. They can't just respond to key baskets either. They need to respond to key blocks, rebounds and steals too. Doesn't help that it's the same announcer, announcing in the same way for every team, NBA and college.
I both agree and disagree. I think they definitely needed to update the sound of the net and rim. Seeing as how we hear these sounds 100+ times per game, it is very noticeable how bad they were. I think 23 has been making a thread on this exact thing for the last few years.

That being said, I absolutely agree that the crowd reaction has been one of the weakest areas in NBA 2k. I feel the same way about the commentary; neither seems to really recognize what's happening on the court.

Hopefully there's a lot more to the arena atmosphere than what was shown in the trailer. I would love to finally have dynamic crowd reactions, and the arena/organ music and chants that happen on both offense and defense for each team.

# 78 gregsactly @ 09/06/16 03:16 PM
Not realistic. Atlanta's arena is more than half-full.

# 79 MontanaMan @ 09/06/16 03:17 PM
Don't know why people always complain about 2K prioritizing the Park over everything elslewhen they are doing all of this lol.

They haven't even mentioned online at all.

# 80 aholbert32 @ 09/06/16 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGDunks
Watched it again. Can't believe they actually made a whole trailer based around recording a few ball sounds.

We want organs and crowd chants plus proper noise and reaction.
A minute of the trailer was devoted to just that.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.