Home
WWE 2K17 News Post

Check out the first official WWE 2K17 gameplay trailer, courtesy of IGN.

Game: WWE 2K17Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Cowboy008 @ 09/08/16 12:05 AM
Looks real good.

# 2 jvalverde88 @ 09/08/16 12:27 AM
Minor meaningless gripe but whomever played as American Alpha did grand amplitude wrong.

# 3 and1product @ 09/08/16 12:30 AM
Im almost pumped for the game, just want to know if they added more types of matches and match customization and if import music will be included (wishful thinking).

# 4 King_B_Mack @ 09/08/16 12:37 AM
Really enjoyed the trailer and song choice here. Just waiting for that universe news to push my hype over the top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 5 CookNBA03 @ 09/08/16 12:43 AM
The title being placed over jackets is awful, hope that gets fixed.

# 6 King_B_Mack @ 09/08/16 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookNBA03
The title being placed over jackets is awful, hope that gets fixed.

I don't know how we keep going backwards on that. They fixed it last gen on that final game before the jump to new consoles and it's been back to crap since. Ambrose wears titles under his jacket, but others don't. Think some titles are right for Edge, while some go over, it's terrible. Titles need a ton of work still. They hover horribly on shoulders and still have weird fits on a lot of waists and just terribly on caws

# 7 CookNBA03 @ 09/08/16 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I don't know how we keep going backwards on that. They fixed it last gen on that final game before the jump to new consoles and it's been back to crap since. Ambrose wears titles under his jacket, but others don't. Think some titles are right for Edge, while some go over, it's terrible. Titles need a ton of work still. They hover horribly on shoulders and still have weird fits on a lot of waists and just terribly on caws

Noticed that the titles get bent when placed over jackets too, it was an immediate turnoff when I saw The Miz in the trailer like that.

# 8 nhthelegend @ 09/08/16 03:40 AM
So hyped, hoping the improvements in MyCareer and Universe are significant, but if nothing else, BACKSTAGE BRAWLS and a plethora of new superstars to play with (Styles, Charlotte, etc.). 2K16 was solid as hell, and even if 2K17 isn't an insane leap forward, I'll still have tons of fun.

# 9 Gramps91 @ 09/08/16 07:01 AM
Looks really good but I'm still holding out for some Universe news. That's mode's been broken ever since they implemented 6 YEARS AGO!

# 10 DBMcGee3 @ 09/08/16 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
Looks really good but I'm still holding out for some Universe news. That's mode's been broken ever since they implemented 6 YEARS AGO!
They're hyping some new "Promo engine", which should help with rivalries and create branching storylines hopefully. I'd also love to see:

1) Permanent manager assignments
2) Many, many more rivalry slots
3) More variety in the rivalries (run ins, promos, etc., rather than the same 2 guys wrestling each other every week)

We'll see, seems like they've made major improvements in lots of areas already. Hopefully, as someone mentioned above, they'll let us play entrance themes from USBs somehow.

# 11 R9NALD9 @ 09/08/16 09:05 AM
Without custom music it will remain a no buy for me...

# 12 DBMcGee3 @ 09/08/16 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
Without custom music it will remain a no buy for me...
It's a fair gripe. No idea why this feature isn't available, considering it was SO easy to do last gen. It makes downloading CAWs quite a bummer, because you instantly lose the immersion when that guy comes out to the wrong music and (last year at least) a totally generic entrance motion.

My classic 80s/90s Universe was an orgasm of nostalgia in 2k15. It was hard to distinguish the CAWs from the in-game characters.

# 13 Reed1417 @ 09/08/16 10:58 AM
Far as I know the reason we don't have custom music has nothing to do with 2k but with the consoles themselves. I know the Xbox One doesn't have a way to save music to the HDD, not too sure about the PS4 but i remember in 2k15 you couldn't import custom music then.

Reed is comin' atcha!

# 14 Mercury112491 @ 09/08/16 11:16 AM
Well The Show was able to add sounds of the show back this year which was previously unavailable for the exact same reason we can't add custom theme songs. I don't know the exact details but maybe it's possible on the PS4 now?

# 15 aholbert32 @ 09/08/16 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Well The Show was able to add sounds of the show back this year which was previously unavailable for the exact same reason we can't add custom theme songs. I don't know the exact details but maybe it's possible on the PS4 now?

It is but I'm not sure 2k wants to create a feature that is only available for one console. They did it in the past with NFL2k (Xbox had custom music but PS2 didnt) but that was a decade ago.

# 16 cdub71323 @ 09/08/16 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491

To be fair, The Show just figured out how to fully do it this year after having it be such an integral part to their game on previous systems

# 17 Reed1417 @ 09/08/16 12:41 PM
I would like them to at least allow us to use the songs on the soundtrack as entrance music. Give us those, the WWE themes and whatever generic ones you have and I'll be happy. But i miss the custom soundtracks a whole lot.

Reed is comin' atcha!

# 18 cima @ 09/08/16 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
It's a fair gripe. No idea why this feature isn't available, considering it was SO easy to do last gen. It makes downloading CAWs quite a bummer, because you instantly lose the immersion when that guy comes out to the wrong music and (last year at least) a totally generic entrance motion.

My classic 80s/90s Universe was an orgasm of nostalgia in 2k15. It was hard to distinguish the CAWs from the in-game characters.
Life will be incomplete until we can get Hollywood Hogan coming out to Voodoo Child on next-gen!

# 19 SmashMan @ 09/08/16 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub71323
To be fair, The Show just figured out how to fully do it this year after having it be such an integral part to their game on previous systems
At least now it's public knowledge that it's possible, the developers just have to build an in-game app to support it. Whether or not they think it's a feature worth their time is obviously another story.

I'd like to hope both NBA and WWE get it next year. Aside from The Show, they're the games that would benefit most from custom in-game music cues.

# 20 Mercury112491 @ 09/09/16 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub71323

I'm pretty sure The Show developers always knew how to do it. I believe something changed in one of the firmware updates on the PS4 that simply allowed them to do it this year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.