Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

2K has just posted a new trailer highlighting all-new NBA 2K17 commentary, which includes Dynamic Booth and the debut of new analysts including Chris Webber, Brent Barry, Steve Smith, and Doris Burke complementing Kevin Harlan (play-by-play) and Greg Anthony (lead analyst). For the first time, users will have variable secondary analysts for various games throughout the NBA season.

Additionally, this year’s title builds upon the NBA 2K series’ signature presentation package by adding:
  • Authentic Arena Crowds – featuring all 30 home teams.
  • Coach Mic-Up RealVoice – new feature with 200+ coach mic-up clips and huddles. Includes 1:1 body and facial animations.
  • New Sideline Commentary – featuring TNT and TBS broadcasting reporter David Aldridge.
  • MyPLAYER Interviews – Shaq, Kenny, and David Aldridge will interview your MyPLAYER at end of half, and end of game, including on the Studio Show.
  • Authentic Arena Sound FX – including net, rim, dunk, buzzers, horns, chants, game sound effects, per each NBA arena.
  • RealVoice Interviews (Players and Coaches) – including 150+ new interviews at end of half and end of game with coaches and players.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 Teddy_Long @ 09/08/16 11:55 AM
i have to see it again, but the anthony davis player model was pretty good.

# 62 tsbmolina @ 09/08/16 11:55 AM

# 63 ProfessaPackMan @ 09/08/16 11:57 AM
I'm guessing that means Barclays will be lit as well SMH.

As for the trailer, I got more hyped/excited for this one than I did for the others. Good stuff, 2K.

# 64 TheDuggler @ 09/08/16 11:57 AM
Easy with the auto-playing streamables please, this webpage sounds like a rap battle right now

# 65 Goffs @ 09/08/16 11:59 AM
Isn't LD2K a laker fan? Or is he just a Kobe fan....

Either way he should be mentioning to whomever is doing the lighting that staples center lighting is off.

I liked the trailer.....so far my favorite one.

# 66 GR5Noles @ 09/08/16 11:59 AM
why are the Knicks wearing navy blue uniforms? smh

# 67 NYJin2011tm @ 09/08/16 12:00 PM
Wonder if we can pick which analyst we want? I would def have C Webb for my games.

# 68 tsbmolina @ 09/08/16 12:00 PM

# 69 scottyp180 @ 09/08/16 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The lighting isnt that much off. The mistake they are making is that in 2k the first level is lit when in real life, you can only see the first 10 rows of the first level.

Its a small tweak and one I hope they can fix. FYI, the lighting is actually right for Clippers games at Staples. Just not Lakers games.
I'm interested in what they are capable of patching. If they can patch jersey colors, court colors, and arena lighting then hopefully areas that need improvement will be adjusted. And really they should be capable of changing these things post release. I can't imagine it would be that difficult to dedicate a whole patch on improving various art type issues like colors and lighting.

# 70 michaelhawj @ 09/08/16 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Didnt that drop a couple of months ago? When they released the expansion news?
there are alot things in MY GM beside expansion teams

# 71 sportskid84 @ 09/08/16 12:05 PM
i still want halftime highlights from other games in GM and my league modes

# 72 ProfessaPackMan @ 09/08/16 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
I'm interested in what they are capable of patching. If they can patch jersey colors, court colors, and arena lighting then hopefully areas that need improvement will be adjusted. And really they should be capable of changing these things post release. I can't imagine it would be that difficult to dedicate a whole patch on improving various art type issues like colors and lighting.
I'm not holding my breath on them patching Arena lighting.

Took them another year to get Barclays' lighting right and this was a year AFTER it opened.

# 73 LorenzoDC @ 09/08/16 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
I'm not holding my breath on them patching Arena lighting.

Took them another year to get Barclays' lighting right and this was a year AFTER it opened.
Yeah colors are one thing, but lighting gets to more systemic issues, because lighting affects everything, whereas color is basically just a texture.

# 74 choteron2 @ 09/08/16 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Isn't LD2K a laker fan? Or is he just a Kobe fan....

Either way he should be mentioning to whomever is doing the lighting that staples center lighting is off.

I liked the trailer.....so far my favorite one.
I tweet ronnie and LD2K, but probably they will ignore my message

# 75 Hustle Westbrook @ 09/08/16 12:08 PM
Now, this is lit.

# 76 scottyp180 @ 09/08/16 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
Wonder if we can pick which analyst we want? I would def have C Webb for my games.
I was thinking the same thing. I really enjoy C. Webb as a commentator.

However if the teams end up being random I'm cool with that too. It would help make the game feel alive and would limit games feeling repetitive and monotonous.

My only concern is that using certain matchups will result in the same teams. For example I wouldn't want the same commentator team every time I do a Cavs vs Warriors matchup. If I do this matchup in Golden State there should be different combinations of announcers instead of the same ones everytime. If that's not that case it's fine, this will still add variety to the game but it would be slightly disappointing.

# 77 tsbmolina @ 09/08/16 12:10 PM

# 78 lordfr33 @ 09/08/16 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
One thing this marketing strategy got me thinking, is the goal just to completely over shadow all EA Sports video games? It's releasing 3 weeks after Madden, all these videos are on the Eve of NHL release and everything is just prior to FIFA.

There has to be some overlap between consumers and it's an interesting approach.
I was thinking this too. Prelude and fifa 17 demo all go up tomorrow.....

# 79 tsbmolina @ 09/08/16 12:13 PM

# 80 Crunky @ 09/08/16 12:13 PM
2k continues to blur the lines between reality and the game, this is a huge step up Thank You 2k.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.