Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

NBA 2K17 The Prelude is available now on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Download it, play around a bit and post your thoughts here. Don't forget to download MyNBA2K17 and get a face scan. If you need some tips on how to scan your face into NBA 2K17, click here.

You can queue them up from the download links below or search NBA 2K17 The Prelude on your console.FYI: For those of you that downloaded from New Zealand earlier in the morning, take note, straight from Erick Boenisch.

Quote:
If you live in North America, don't play the NZ version if you want your save to carry over into the full version of NBA 2K17. Just wait for it to drop in your local region's PSN store.

Before you ask why, because Sony.

Not sure what NBA 2K17 The Prelude is? Click here and read all about it.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 101 poetinjune @ 09/09/16 10:30 AM
I thought the Prelude was great, I was immersed in it.
Cut-scenes were well-acted, well-written, and seemed to know their purpose as transitions, not a full-blown movie.

The gameplay...oh my goodness, the gameplay. I felt in control of every movement of my player, rather than feeling like I was inputting commands and waiting for a sluggish response.

After reading the blogs of Mike Wang and Ben Bishop, you know it's going down on the 16th.

# 102 Leasim96 @ 09/09/16 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insight23
Deleted the NZ to play it safe. Now downloading the US. I'll play tomorrow when I can do a outside daylight face scan. I'm looking for this to be my main player throughout my whole 2k17 experience so I wanna get it right. Position, archetype, face scan, etc.
I think it might tell you that you already played it

# 103 Jumpman14 @ 09/09/16 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leasim96

Yup that's what it said when I did it

# 104 SolidSquid @ 09/09/16 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
I believe the controls are set to "camera relative". It is very difficult for me to dribble using this setting. I'll have to wait for the full version to change my dribbling to "absolute".
I've been playing on broadcast camera relative since the first 2k I've ever played. Absolute throws me off lol

# 105 lvnba @ 09/09/16 11:05 AM
Game feels amazing BUT there is a veeeeery annoying and disrupting passing animation. The players throws an over the head pass (pressing A) when a man is open. It is so slow that the defense have plenty of time to recover.

That needs to get patched first day.

# 106 lvnba @ 09/09/16 11:10 AM

Melo looks 50, man...

# 107 The 24th Letter @ 09/09/16 11:12 AM
Long offseason

# 108 extremeskins04 @ 09/09/16 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvnba

Melo looks 50, man...
Does Melo really look like that in the game?

# 109 lvnba @ 09/09/16 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Yeah, I noticed something weird in his eyes from the broadcast cam and I had to zoom and see.

# 110 MBhoops @ 09/09/16 11:21 AM
It was fun. Cut scenes were better than I expected. Gameplay was worse than expected but I figure that's just because it's so new and I have to relearn a bunch of stuff.

# 111 The 24th Letter @ 09/09/16 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I'm fairly certain he doesnt always have those crows feet...its the face he's making

# 112 Insight23 @ 09/09/16 11:26 AM
Quote:

Nah I'm good to go. Well, it's letting me choose my archetype & what not. I only played 2KU when I was on US.

# 113 49UNCFan @ 09/09/16 11:29 AM
Loving the game so far

# 114 Leasim96 @ 09/09/16 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insight23
Nah I'm good to go. Well, it's letting me choose my archetype & what not. I only played 2KU when I was on US.
Ah ok - i was refering to if you made a 2k account in prelude through new zealand in the same PSN ID you probably couldn't - if you only played 2ku that's fine i imagine.

# 115 ataman5 @ 09/09/16 11:37 AM
Hey guys so far so good.
One thing is left stick flick moves are gone.
Second is do you guys feel like i do about that there is still some kind of a floatiness in overall movement of the game ? Or is it my Tv or smt i would like to know if you feel even a little the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 116 Leasim96 @ 09/09/16 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman14
Is it because what i said above? Or what is it different?

# 117 nddot @ 09/09/16 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman14

is there a way to bypass it?

it says i already played it but i cant even access the 2k store cause i didnt start MyCareer. 2k always gotta go out of their way to make things complicated

# 118 Jumpman14 @ 09/09/16 11:42 AM
Quote:
Is it because what i said above? Or what is it different?

Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by nddot

it says i already played it but i cant even access the 2k store cause i didnt start MyCareer. 2k always gotta go out of their way to make things complicated

I don't think you can bypass it.

# 119 Leasim96 @ 09/09/16 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nddot

You can atleast play it in another acc - unless you're buying VC there's not much you're missing id say. From like 55 to 57ovr - not a big deal. I personally won't spend yet so meh.

# 120 Jumpman14 @ 09/09/16 12:01 PM
Quote:
You can atleast play it in another acc - unless you're buying VC there's not much you're missing id say. From like 55 to 57ovr - not a big deal. I personally won't spend yet so meh.

Can't he just start a new one when the game comes out next week?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.