Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA released an update to Cloud CFM's in Madden NFL 17 with increased upgrade costs for physical ratings, and draft classes being better tuned to match base rosters in the game. The newly tweaked draft classes will take affect the season after your current season (or your next generated draft class).

The updates rolled out yesterday morning and should be in effect for all Cloud Based CFMs. If you are running a CFM offline, you will have to wait for the next patch for the changes to take place within your game.

How big of a difference are the changes making from what you are seeing? Let us know in the comments!

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 cquigley @ 09/09/16 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket32
I geuss not if it matters to you to have it all from the start. Pretty sure changes in patches effect already existing offline cfm's. As long as you don't reach the draft before the patch you should still fully benefit from the tweaked draft class part if you know what I mean. The rest you would have to be fine with getting after your a bit into your franchise already.

Sort of feel the same way though. Maybe roll with online this year?
It would take affect in year two if he starts now. If he starts it'll generate the class based on old rules up then the first class generated after the patch will have these changes.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

# 22 Cowboy008 @ 09/09/16 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
For those who've been running a cloud CFM, how reliable has it been?

I played a test cloud CFM as soon as the game dropped and I "lost connection" to EA's servers after one game, got booted out to the main menu and my game didn't save. Very frustrating, I have no interest in a cloud CFM if that's a common issue.
I'm already halfway into my second year in my Falcons CFM. I play on 13 minute quarters and have only been disconnected once. I don't look at any replays mostly, maybe one or two if they are good plays and I skip the halftime show.

# 23 Brandwin @ 09/09/16 05:35 PM
Basically its this when it comes to Cloud vs Offline

Cloud –
*Receive updates quicker and may receive updates that never come to offline, like the XP Sliders being added last year to cloud only.
*Faster sim times (although offline isn’t slow unless you are simming long periods)

Offline-
*Can suspend and resume a game
*Do not have to worry about the server crashing or being down (some have it happen often, some don’t. I had it happen enough in past to not go with it)

For me, I would love to receive the updates quicker, but the game plays pretty good and I can afford to wait for a patch and the chance that I sat there for an hour and 20 minutes only for the game to disconnect on me isn't worth it. The main reason though, is the suspend resume feature. There are plenty of times I can start a game, but won’t be able to finish, so this feature comes in handy for me.

Can’t go wrong with either option.

I may actually do "GM" Play of The Moment cloud CFM with the Browns and work more on playing important games and building the team.

# 24 Nimits @ 09/09/16 05:48 PM
Sounds like I am going to have to wait for the patch to start my franchise...

# 25 Aardawg @ 09/09/16 05:56 PM
Does anyone know if there is any way to play a user vs user game in cloud CFM on the same console? Not online? But sitting right next to each other on the couch? We used to be able to do this in an online dynasty in NCAA Football, 3,4,5 years ago? Why is this a feature EA takes out of the game??

# 26 triplechin @ 09/09/16 06:17 PM
Have the developers said anything about a timeframe for this to be put into a patch? Also, did the last patch work for current franchises, or did you have to start over? Can't do an online because of CPUs abysmal playcalling.

# 27 bkrich83 @ 09/09/16 06:20 PM

Latest from twitter.

# 28 fballturkey @ 09/09/16 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83

Latest from twitter.
That's a really good change.

# 29 Kentaurus @ 09/09/16 09:46 PM
Love that they brought CFM rookies in line with the real ones, however in doing this they did not update the scouting section. Most players after fully scouting them are below their projected rounds.

# 30 SolidSquid @ 09/10/16 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaurus
Love that they brought CFM rookies in line with the real ones, however in doing this they did not update the scouting section. Most players after fully scouting them are below their projected rounds.
Maybe it's just a crappy draft class

# 31 BleedGreen710 @ 09/10/16 11:40 AM
anyone have any feedback yet on the draft classes? its been one of my major gripes about the game so far and im super excited to see how they've changed it. i would find out myself if not for college football going on today.

# 32 Datninja619 @ 09/10/16 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
anyone have any feedback yet on the draft classes? its been one of my major gripes about the game so far and im super excited to see how they've changed it. i would find out myself if not for college football going on today.
I have not gotten to the draft yet, but from scouting it's VERY apparent that there are less B+ ratings. I could just have a base draft class this year though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

# 33 Datninja619 @ 09/10/16 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Maybe it's just a crappy draft class
I'm experiencing the same thing. This is only during one draft Clas though.

# 34 queenie.paula @ 09/10/16 01:13 PM
any eta when offline might get theirs?

# 35 Datninja619 @ 09/10/16 01:50 PM
Weak WR/CB draft class or....

# 36 MalibuTaylor @ 09/10/16 01:56 PM
Question for cloud cfm players

New patched draft class, do u still see so many 6'6 WR? Along with so many 6'4 CB? It's so unrealistic Hopefully ea fixed that

# 37 TheDutchDad @ 09/10/16 01:59 PM
hhmm...I'll reserve my judgment until we have more results after to update they pushed out, but I was one who said we shouldn't complain about the drafts too much or it'll get nerfed to results we won't be happy with.

My big issue is they rolled draft classes back to what they are in the game, but I think they generally vastly underrate some of the NFL rookies this year.

# 38 TheDutchDad @ 09/10/16 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuTaylor
Question for cloud cfm players

New patched draft class, do u still see so many 6'6 WR? Along with so many 6'4 CB? It's so unrealistic Hopefully ea fixed that
What exactly is so many? I honestly did not see this as a big problem.

# 39 MalibuTaylor @ 09/10/16 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
Weak WR/CB draft class or....

Wow,ea maybe fixed that too many freaky tall WR&CB lol

# 40 Datninja619 @ 09/10/16 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuTaylor
Wow,ea maybe fixed that too many freaky tall WR&CB lol
In my current draft class, there is 1 6'6 WR with 7th round talent. I'm targeting him. There is 0 6'4 CBS.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.