Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA released an update to Cloud CFM's in Madden NFL 17 with increased upgrade costs for physical ratings, and draft classes being better tuned to match base rosters in the game. The newly tweaked draft classes will take affect the season after your current season (or your next generated draft class).

The updates rolled out yesterday morning and should be in effect for all Cloud Based CFMs. If you are running a CFM offline, you will have to wait for the next patch for the changes to take place within your game.

How big of a difference are the changes making from what you are seeing? Let us know in the comments!

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 LowerWolf @ 09/10/16 02:04 PM
Was going to start mine this weekend, but I guess I'll wait for one more patch since I'm an offline franchise guy.

# 42 TheDutchDad @ 09/10/16 02:05 PM
I think a lot of people are going to the "Freaks and Beasts" thread, seeing people post pictures of their draft picks, who may be 6'6", and thinking it's such a common occurrence.

# 43 Datninja619 @ 09/10/16 02:30 PM
This is my first post patch draft. Here are the results from the top 4 teams. I'm the 49ers. Overalls were definitely lower. This is year 1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

# 44 MalibuTaylor @ 09/10/16 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
In my current draft class, there is 1 6'6 WR with 7th round talent. I'm targeting him. There is 0 6'4 CBS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I'll take Donald winey for 1st rd. He could be shut down

Take a chance on Quinton bartee but I'll Change his name

# 45 BleedGreen710 @ 09/10/16 02:42 PM
loving what im hearing so far

6'6+ WRs and 6'4 CBs should be rare. I HATED seeing several each draft.

and lower ratings means the 80 OVR+ freak players will be more rare and actually will stand out, like in real life

im so excited about these changes to the draft class

# 46 BleedGreen710 @ 09/10/16 05:18 PM
Just did a bunch of Sims to test the new draft classes. Some notes: you won't reliably see freaks every draft. Some drafts had no one over 80. The best draft had 5. Player height has been tweaked a lot. Very few 6'5+ WR and only saw a single 6'4 corner back. 96 looks like its still the speed cap. Highest-rated was an 83 corner back. There are a ton of busts. Some teams had drafts with no one over 70. Saw a 2ND rounder in the 50s. There are also some gems. Saw a team get an 81 DT in the 5th. Drafts with multiple 75+ guys were rare, usually only a few teams pulled it off each year. CPU draft logic remains terrible as I saw many times they draft the same position with their first and second pick including QBs.

In conclusion: scouting is more important now. you can't reliably get multiple starters each draft. The top talent is worth trading up for now as they really stand out. Ridiculously tall and athletic players are now extremely rare and not to be expected each draft. I think all of these changes are great for the long term health of people's franchises and I am so excited to begin a new one with this in effect. Bravo EA. you made the best draft classes in years even better.

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk

# 47 MalibuTaylor @ 09/10/16 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Just did a bunch of Sims to test the new draft classes. Some notes: you won't reliably see freaks every draft. Some drafts had no one over 80. The best draft had 5. Player height has been tweaked a lot. Very few 6'5+ WR and only saw a single 6'4 corner back. 96 looks like its still the speed cap. Highest-rated was an 83 corner back. There are a ton of busts. Some teams had drafts with no one over 70. Saw a 2ND rounder in the 50s. There are also some gems. Saw a team get an 81 DT in the 5th. Drafts with multiple 75+ guys were rare, usually only a few teams pulled it off each year. CPU draft logic remains terrible as I saw many times they draft the same position with their first and second pick including QBs.

In conclusion: scouting is more important now. you can't reliably get multiple starters each draft. The top talent is worth trading up for now as they really stand out. Ridiculously tall and athletic players are now extremely rare and not to be expected each draft. I think all of these changes are great for the long term health of people's franchises and I am so excited to begin a new one with this in effect. Bravo EA. you made the best draft classes in years even better.

That's so good to hear.
I also hope EA fixed a size of centers plus made them fatter body shape
In16,almost all of em came out of draft were 6-1 ,6-2
And they all looked like a back up QB

# 48 raidertiger @ 09/10/16 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDutchDad
I think a lot of people are going to the "Freaks and Beasts" thread, seeing people post pictures of their draft picks, who may be 6'6", and thinking it's such a common occurrence.
I never posted in that thread but I can attest that at least 30% of WRs I have seen in my classes were over 6'3. Same number for TEs and over 6'2 CBs.

# 49 MalibuTaylor @ 09/10/16 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDutchDad
What exactly is so many? I honestly did not see this as a big problem.
3+ 6'6WR & 6'4CB in a draft is ridiculous as it can get or less there was a new evolution occurred in mankind

# 50 BleedGreen710 @ 09/10/16 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuTaylor
3+ 6'6WR & 6'4CB in a draft is ridiculous as it can get or less there was a new evolution occurred in mankind
and it wasn't just their height. most of the 6'4 CBs I used to find had like 95 speed it was so ridiculous. it wasn't like "oh this guys taller but not as athletic". it was like deion sanders on randy moss body

# 51 NDAlum @ 09/10/16 07:13 PM
Quote:

You make me want to do a solo online CFM now, you suck lol

# 52 MalibuTaylor @ 09/10/16 07:24 PM
Quote:
and it wasn't just their height. most of the 6'4 CBs I used to find had like 95 speed it was so ridiculous. it wasn't like "oh this guys taller but not as athletic". it was like deion sanders on randy moss body
It's like mini Usain Bolt's entering NFL
Raiders would draft at least an one of them

# 53 Allball76 @ 09/10/16 09:09 PM
Quote:
loving what im hearing so far

6'6+ WRs and 6'4 CBs should be rare. I HATED seeing several each draft.

and lower ratings means the 80 OVR+ freak players will be more rare and actually will stand out, like in real life

im so excited about these changes to the draft class
Rare is a understatement look at the NFL history the 2 best and most dominate with speed big men WR were moss and megatron . And there 6"4 and 6"5 the 6"6 96 speed was too much and same with 6"4 97 speed coner a rare talent is Deion ,champ bailey , revis and there all 6"1 with 97 plus speed guys in there prime there has never been a 6"6 WR or 6"4 CB that's dominate with speed

# 54 ParaAut @ 09/12/16 07:47 AM
You will never get "realistic" draft classes. Everybody feels that the rookies for his team are underrated (maybe except 1-2 from each class). Sometimes it's true, sometims not.

My main issue is only that the created draft classes match the actual game rosters. In my Oakland Raiders team - although a very talented roster compared to the last few years - many players are under 70 overall and even some rookies are below or just over 70 (71/72). After only 1 or 2 years I have no players below 75 (this year) or even higher on my time, rookies with normal development and just 71 overall are just crap. In real life they are starters from day 1, so something is wrong.

So if the overalls are lower in general - fine for me. From what I've read, they are matching now quite well, but I have to wait for the patch to test them. Definitely there were too many high 70's in the drafts, so no need to keep a practice squad player with <70 - he will never get there where others are already after the draft.

# 55 MMurda @ 09/12/16 03:55 PM
i was honestly fine with the classes the way they were as it seems xp is nerfed in m17 and seems hard to progress ppl quickly as it is. im gonna be raising some xp sliders for next season. i understand they dont want a ton of beast in the lg and i get it as i dont either, but the xp gains at least on stock 100%xp im seeing doesnt look like it was gonna produce that anyway. i could be wrong tho

# 56 mavfan21 @ 09/12/16 09:37 PM
I was also very happy with the draft classes as is. The base rookies needed the tweaks. Too many low rated.

# 57 mavfan21 @ 09/12/16 09:57 PM
If they are going to stick with these less talented draft classes then they need to delay the cost increase for rating progression that starts at 26, move it back to 28, and slow regression down.

If not we will have a bunch of players just becoming starters and then instantly plateauing and then regressing.

Long term, without these changes, we will have very untalented teams.

# 58 BleedGreen710 @ 09/12/16 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
Long term, without these changes, we will have very untalented teams.
XP sliders solves this

# 59 Fist Of Kings @ 09/12/16 11:59 PM
I do like the lowered height of wrs in the draft, way too many freakish sized wrs. Teams irl take chances on big wrs since they are rare, so they should be hard to obtain.

I don't like or understand the increase to raise physical attributes. I thought it was pretty strict the way it was before.

I'm not able to make a bunch of 99 overall players like I was in madden 15, so it was already fine, making it harder seems to be overkill.

# 60 Cuabnito187 @ 09/13/16 03:23 AM
Looking good so far.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.