Home
FIFA 17 News Post

With the FIFA 17 demo scheduled to be released tomorrow, EA Sports has just posted a new FIFA 17 authenticity blog, covering the new stadiums in the game, new competition presentation, specific commentary in The Journey mode and much more.

New Stadiums
When FIFA 17 launches on September 27 you'll be able to take to the pitch in three new stadiums. Joining West Ham United’s new home will be Middlesbrough's Riverside Stadium, alongside Gamba Osaka's Suita City Football Stadium.

New Competition Presentation

The world's oldest football competition, The FA Cup, will now have its own full and authentic overlay package in FIFA 17. This will reflect the competition's real world broadcast package, meaning you'll be able to feel the magic of the cup in every FA Cup match you play.

On top of this, we're adding a number of pitch props and stadium dressings used before, during, and after games to mirror the real-world match day experience. These include:
  • Tunnel Archways
  • Handshake sponsor boards
  • Ball plinths
  • Pitch flags
  • Pyrotechnics
  • Confetti Cannons
  • Home Team corner flags
  • Goal net stanchion colours based on stadium
New animations have also been captured for pre-game, half time & full time, resulting in smoother animation and more polished camera coverage.

New in match performance analysis

Shot and touch information for key attackers will now be tracked in each match. You’ll see this information displayed on a graphic during matches, with commentators picking up on stories to discuss the narrative of the match and the performance of the players involved.

In match Table Analysis

New in-game commentary analysing key talking points around league tables and cup standings makes the football world deeper and more compelling than ever. Matches will take on an even greater sense of importance as you hear commentators discuss six-pointers, surprise packages, title deciders, groups of death and much more via new in-match overlays and audio.

THE JOURNEY-Specific commentary

Play The Journey, the brand new mode in FIFA 17, and you'll hear new commentary lines tracking various storylines which impact upon Alex Hunter. These include key milestones, matches against rival players, and key loans and transfers which directly affect Hunter’s progression in the game.

Match day atmosphere

Feel that match day experience in FIFA 17 with our most realistic recreation of stadium sounds yet.

Two new PA announcers will bring the game to life, including goal scorers and lineups, while we're adding over 500 new chants, making FIFA 17's crowds the most vibrant and dynamic to date. New additions this year include the Icelandic Huh and many new high quality chants from La Liga, Premier League and Championship clubs, alongside the iconic Hala Madrid anthem. (Listen to it here)

New Player emotions

We’ve added greater variety and quality in reaction animations in FIFA 17. You’ll now see your players respond with even more realistic emotion to the agony of missing a golden chance, or the glory of winning a title.

Authentic Manager Focus

At various times during the FIFA 17 broadcast we will now focus on our authentic managers, who you’ll see reacting to bookings, missed scoring opportunities, great saves, and goals.

Game: FIFA 17Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 RIFRIG @ 09/12/16 07:54 PM
No mention of new presentation camera's,same stale selection incoming I guess.

# 2 Krebstar @ 09/12/16 08:22 PM
Nice to see another competition specific presentation package for The FA Cup, but only adding three new stadiums is a bit of a letdown, I must say.

I'm sure it won't happen, but heck, I'd be fine with DLC for additional stadiums. Something like the entire Bundesliga would be just wonderful.

# 3 Da-Man @ 09/12/16 08:40 PM
I thought I read somewhere that they got the license for la liga. I was thinking maybe they had all the stadiums as well.

Sent from my SM-A300H using Tapatalk

# 4 dubcity @ 09/12/16 08:48 PM
Gameplay is really going to have to take a step up, with the lack of other additions. The story mode won't entertain for long (if at all) and the frostbite engine only seems to make a noticeable difference on closeups of faces.

# 5 Da-Man @ 09/12/16 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksInSix
Curious if they got the new Premier League Presentation Package in. Along with the new theme song. I haven't seen it in any of the videos.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I'm really hoping we get that... the generic package I've seen in beta videos is very annoying to look at.

Sent from my SM-A300H using Tapatalk

# 6 Blue @ 09/12/16 09:07 PM
Been looking everywhere for a real confirmation, maybe someone can help: Any word on Parc Olympique Lyonnais replacing Stade de Gerland?

# 7 KennyJ1976 @ 09/12/16 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Nice to see another competition specific presentation package for The FA Cup, but only adding three new stadiums is a bit of a letdown, I must say.

I'm sure it won't happen, but heck, I'd be fine with DLC for additional stadiums. Something like the entire Bundesliga would be just wonderful.
To me, it seems that EA is more concerned with keeping things out of PES than with adding to their own game, unless its the Premier League. They get exclusive license with La Liga, yet do absolutely nothing with it, not even add one stadium. They've done very little with Bundesliga or the rest of the leagues in the game, but it would be a crime if the Premier League had a generic stadium. Of the measly 3 stadiums they added, 2 of them are Premier League. The Premier League gets another presentation package, The Journey, and licensed managers while the rest of the leagues get neglected. EA should call this game, FIFA Ultimate Team, featuring the Premier League because those are their only concerns. Now I see how they lost Camp Nou to PES and out of spite, they got the La Liga exclusive.

# 8 Thrash13 @ 09/12/16 09:44 PM
Like most others, I was hoping for more stadiums (Bundesliga and MLS mostly), but I'll probably spend a good portion of time in the Premier League anyway, so at least they got that going for em!

I'm highly anticipating the demo tomorrow, so I can compare things to PES. I had a bunch of fun with the PES demo, but I love the fancy licenses and authenticity. I'm a sucker for it not to mention the inclusion of MLS and Liga MX is a big boost to me anyway. I certainly won't be above buying both this year, but FIFA has already been paid for in full. I hope the demo makes me feel like that's a good choice, haha!

# 9 Chrisx @ 09/13/16 12:13 AM
Quote:
Two new PA announcers will bring the game to life, including goal scorers and lineups, while we're adding over 500 new chants, making FIFA 17's crowds the most vibrant and dynamic to date. New additions this year include the Icelandic Huh and many new high quality chants from La Liga, Premier League and Championship clubs, alongside the iconic Hala Madrid anthem.
I like the sound of this. Not going to pretend that graphics and stadiums don't matter, but the sound design really needed a significant upgrade. Here's hoping that chants will sound awesome and won't be heard only during the pre-match presentation. More variety in crowd reactions and a distinct home/away atmosphere is more important for me while I actually play the game. (Booing a player who's commited a bad foul, hearing some 'Ole Ole' when the team passes the ball around during the dying moments of a good game, etc.)

# 10 R9NALD9 @ 09/13/16 01:50 AM
Who cares when all the teams play exactly the same way, their is little to no difference between players and the gameplay is miles behind PES.

In heaven hopefully we'll have a soccer game with FIFA's presentation and licenses + PES's gameplay.

# 11 flo182 @ 09/13/16 04:36 AM
I was hoping for some info about presentation packages for Bundesliga, Liga BBVA or Serie A.
Instead we get the FA Cup. Yeah....

Still don't understand why they focus so strongly on the british football. Of course it's the most popular league world wide but the spanish football is by far the number one in South America. And Bundesliga and Serie A also have a lot of fans.

Would've been nice to have at least a few more scanned players from these leagues. Always such a disappointment to see some of the most important players of that league that are playing for smaller clubs, look like a generic player model from 2007.

# 12 flo182 @ 09/13/16 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
To me, it seems that EA is more concerned with keeping things out of PES than with adding to their own game, unless its the Premier League. They get exclusive license with La Liga, yet do absolutely nothing with it, not even add one stadium. They've done very little with Bundesliga or the rest of the leagues in the game, but it would be a crime if the Premier League had a generic stadium. Of the measly 3 stadiums they added, 2 of them are Premier League. The Premier League gets another presentation package, The Journey, and licensed managers while the rest of the leagues get neglected. EA should call this game, FIFA Ultimate Team, featuring the Premier League because those are their only concerns. Now I see how they lost Camp Nou to PES and out of spite, they got the La Liga exclusive.
Totally agree.

The guys making the decisions at EA are so far away from their customers it's unbelievable. This game and company has so much potential if only they'd listen to their customers instead of letting people make decision that have absolute no idea about football and especially video games.

For years now I've been hoping they take an example in 2K and try to go in their direction, understand that listening to customer wishes will also make a great and financially succesful product, but again it's a huge letdown.

Really hope they replace the whole managing department at this company. But I guess all these FUT players wasting money on this mode will be enough for those managers to get some fat boni and continue wasting all the potential this game and company has.

# 13 flo182 @ 09/13/16 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81chrisso
2K listening to customers? Since when? NBA 2K17 is so far away from a proper basketball simulation gameplay-wise it is comical that some people think they gonna play a good basketball game. I mean just take a look at the miserable CPU defense. You can literally stay in front of the CPU offering the basketball. And the CPU just don't want to take the ball out of your hands.

This coming from an ultimate basketball buff. The gameplay is just bad in so many aspects. No fun.
That's your opinion. Lots of people, including me, enjoy the gameplay.
I guess this depends more on personal preferences, like the whole FIFA vs. PES Gameplay.

But one thing you can't deny is that the 2K developers are listening to customers! I've never seen such a big game-company that stays in such close contact with their customers. Just look at this forum and how they communicate with their fans.

Have you seen anything like that from EA? Have you had a look at the official EA Forums or ever tried to give constructive criticism in the Beta? It's not possible!
They just simply ignore you and use Beta-testers just for finding bugs.

They found their Ultimate-Cashcow and ignored everything else since then.

And even if you don't like the 2K gameplay. Just have a look at all the different game modes they offer and how deep they go.

Compare that to FIFA's gamemodes and you also can't deny who is the better company and cares more for what their customers want.

The one thing they always believed in at 2K is that the player should be able to play the game the way they want it. That's why they deliver us all kinds of tools to customize the gameplay (sliders), gamemodes (just look at MyLeague) and share our experience with the community.

Compare that to the way EA treats their customers. They don't put in half the effort that 2k puts in, even though I think they have much more manpower since FIFA is a much bigger series than NBA 2k and also generates more revenue thanks to people wasting hundreds of dollars in FUT.

2K also found out they can earn some money with VC but nonetheless they also put a lot of effort to make the game most enjoyable for all their other customers, especially the offline-sim-nerds and their core community.

Another point is how much focus they put on developing their AI.
You've got so many different coaching and playing styles in 2k that closely resemble the way real teams play.
Does EA have anything like that? Their approach to tactics, strategy and AI behavior is 10-years behind. Why?
Because they don't think it's important anymore since FUT generates the money and FUT is online. So why put some work into offline-AI behavior ?!

The approaches of the two companys are completely different.

# 14 KennyJ1976 @ 09/13/16 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flo182
That's your opinion. Lots of people, including me, enjoy the gameplay.
I guess this depends more on personal preferences, like the whole FIFA vs. PES Gameplay.

But one thing you can't deny is that the 2K developers are listening to customers! I've never seen such a big game-company that stays in such close contact with their customers. Just look at this forum and how they communicate with their fans.

Have you seen anything like that from EA? Have you had a look at the official EA Forums or ever tried to give constructive criticism in the Beta? It's not possible!
They just simply ignore you and use Beta-testers just for finding bugs.

They found their Ultimate-Cashcow and ignored everything else since then.

And even if you don't like the 2K gameplay. Just have a look at all the different game modes they offer and how deep they go.

Compare that to FIFA's gamemodes and you also can't deny who is the better company and cares more for what their customers want.

The one thing they always believed in at 2K is that the player should be able to play the game the way they want it. That's why they deliver us all kinds of tools to customize the gameplay (sliders), gamemodes (just look at MyLeague) and share our experience with the community.

Compare that to the way EA treats their customers. They don't put in half the effort that 2k puts in, even though I think they have much more manpower since FIFA is a much bigger series than NBA 2k and also generates more revenue thanks to people wasting hundreds of dollars in FUT.

2K also found out they can earn some money with VC but nonetheless they also put a lot of effort to make the game most enjoyable for all their other customers, especially the offline-sim-nerds and their core community.

Another point is how much focus they put on developing their AI.
You've got so many different coaching and playing styles in 2k that closely resemble the way real teams play.
Does EA have anything like that? Their approach to tactics, strategy and AI behavior is 10-years behind. Why?
Because they don't think it's important anymore since FUT generates the money and FUT is online. So why put some work into offline-AI behavior ?!

The approaches of the two companys are completely different.
Man you made some good points. NBA 2K may not be for everyone gameplay wise, (I honestly can't see why it wouldn't if you're a hoops fan) but you can't deny that 2K puts far more effort into their game than EA ever has with FIFA. 2K has done more with NBA 2K in the last 2 years than EA has done with FIFA in the last 10 years. If EA put this much effort into FIFA as 2K does with NBA 2K, it would not only be the best sports franchise, but it would be one of the best game franchises.

# 15 flo182 @ 09/13/16 07:56 AM
XBox 360 is already out. No info released about the rest.

Last year the PC Version arrived around 8pm European time...

# 16 bristolbob @ 09/13/16 08:28 AM
What is the point of EA putting lots of effort into an admittedly impressive, at least initially, Premier League presentation when as soon as you play a team outside of the EPL or sign a player who doesn't have a voice file, you end up loosing half the immersion. I'm thinking reading out team sheets or even just mentioning the opposition rather than just 'home/away team'. All looks great in a demo or first season in career mode but soon looks shoddy.

# 17 JayD @ 09/13/16 08:49 AM
It's sounding more like the new stand at Anfield will not be in this years game.

# 18 bad_philanthropy @ 09/13/16 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
It's sounding more like the new stand at Anfield will not be in this years game.
Yeah, I doubt it.

The optimist in me might chalk the lack of ambition and additions to the game the past two editions up to huge allocation of resources to Frostbite porting and company mandate to develop "The Journey."

Perhaps for 18 we'll see another big jump in art and mode depth like 15's inclusion of all Premier League Stadiums.

The pessimist feels like the insane popularity of FUT no longer incentivizes big investments outside of gameplay and online balancing, infrastructure, and maintenance.

# 19 stocksy @ 09/13/16 09:01 AM
Not sure I can believe only three new stadiums...

That would mean that the "complete" premier league license is no longer complete...

No Ground for Hull or Burnley?

Do we Lose Villa Park, St James Park and Carrow Road?

I would see this a backward step for sure

# 20 GR5Noles @ 09/13/16 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy
Not sure I can believe only three new stadiums...

That would mean that the "complete" premier league license is no longer complete...

No Ground for Hull or Burnley?

Do we Lose Villa Park, St James Park and Carrow Road?

I would see this a backward step for sure
Hull and Burnley were already in the game...and Villa Park, St. James' and Carrow Road stay

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.