Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Last December, I took over as the producer for MyTEAM, joining a relatively small team of incredibly dedicated developers. On my first day and throughout my orientation when people found out who I was and what I was going to be doing for the MyTEAM group, they seemed to all say the same thing to me: “You’ve got big shoes to fill.” I started hearing it so much that it became a mantra for me, something that I would internalize, think about as I walked from my car to the hangar each morning and as I lay quietly trying to sleep at night.

Read More - NBA 2K17 My TEAM Blog with Associate Producer Peter Cornforth

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 InRodWeTrust @ 09/13/16 11:22 AM
I'm not as impressed by this blog as I am by the others. Maybe the MyLeague blog just made everything else seem "blah"

# 2 knick9 @ 09/13/16 11:32 AM
A lot of useful improvements, more interesting modes and challenges, tracking your player stats is a long overdue addition. Let's hope there aren't exploitable glitches and they follow through with constant updates. I like the makeover a lot though.

# 3 michaelhawj @ 09/13/16 12:05 PM
Nah, no thank for this.. i am more focus on My GM/League while playing

# 4 The 24th Letter @ 09/13/16 12:15 PM
I'm probably the only one who mostly plays this mode mostly offline...great to see theres a lot more stuff to do now...

# 5 CEOHaize @ 09/13/16 12:17 PM
I don't really play this mode but happy for those that do. 3 more days!

# 6 Mikelopedia @ 09/13/16 12:23 PM
I'm a little confused. So current player ratings are not based on Stauff's updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I'm probably the only one who mostly plays this mode mostly offline...great to see theres a lot more stuff to do now...
Nah 24th I'm right there with you. Didn't play a single online match in MyTeam last year.

# 7 dizzY4111 @ 09/13/16 12:27 PM
Collection completion rewards

"No more Team Balls as collection complete rewards! We definitely heard loud and clear that you wanted player rewards back for completing collections, so we have obliged. This year when you complete a Current team collection, you can lock them in and be rewarded a Sapphire player card from that team’s Historic franchise. When you complete the Historic franchise, you will get a guaranteed Diamond player."

----------------------

Umm, I don't like the sound of that.

# 8 XxSpiritHunterX @ 09/13/16 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

Nah, me too. Way more fun building offline imo

Everything sounds great, but I hope it has more longevity for us offline players.

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk

# 9 SmokinAces22 @ 09/13/16 12:32 PM
Never really messed with this mode at all. Is it worth the time? Also are we gonna get a Czar blog or defense blog before the game comes out?

# 10 adwin7 @ 09/13/16 12:48 PM
I'm really glad that got rid of seed restrictions. Which is cool when you start out but really makes it difficult to compete with the people who buy all their MT. I think skill/overall based matchmaking will make it easier and more enjoyable for everyone.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

# 11 scottyp180 @ 09/13/16 12:54 PM
I've tried to get into my team before but it never held my interest. I spent a lot of time on my career last year so maybe this year I'll dedicate my VC to my team.

# 12 Hustle Westbrook @ 09/13/16 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelhawj
Nah, no thank for this.. i am more focus on My GM/League while playing
So you came into a MyTeam thread to say you don't play MyTeam? Um is this not considered "Thread Hijacking" according to the new rules?

Anyway the mode looks really improved. The new stat tracking for individual players is huge for me and I hope they have stat tracking for your entire MyTeam progress overall. The new matchmaking system sounds interesting too. I definitely agree with matching players with other players with the same team especially in the beginning but last year I had a 3 Amethsyt team with the rest being golds and only teams with mostly Diamonds were giving me challenges so I hope there's a way to still get matched up with better teams.

# 13 mb625 @ 09/13/16 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzY4111
Collection completion rewards

"No more Team Balls as collection complete rewards! We definitely heard loud and clear that you wanted player rewards back for completing collections, so we have obliged. This year when you complete a Current team collection, you can lock them in and be rewarded a Sapphire player card from that team’s Historic franchise. When you complete the Historic franchise, you will get a guaranteed Diamond player."

----------------------

Umm, I don't like the sound of that.
Sounds like it works the exact same way as Diamond Dynasty did in The Show. When you locked in a certain team, if you collected another of their cards, that card could be sold, but if you only had the card attached to your collection, you can't sell it. Really makes you stop and consider if the player you're getting in return will be worth it. It's a risk/reward kind of thing.

FWIW, I really like the way it worked in The Show and I'm actually somewhat considering playing some MyTeam this year.

# 14 RLebron12 @ 09/13/16 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSpiritHunterX
Nah, me too. Way more fun building offline imo

Everything sounds great, but I hope it has more longevity for us offline players.

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk

Same here! I loved playing myTeam, whether it was domination or challenges but I found that a lot of the challenges were for online head to head and I wasn't interested. Glad they just it up because it sucked having challenges like "Play with Curry on your team..." And it was almost impossible for me to afford Curry so never got to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 15 dizzY4111 @ 09/13/16 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb625
Sounds like it works the exact same way as Diamond Dynasty did in The Show. When you locked in a certain team, if you collected another of their cards, that card could be sold, but if you only had the card attached to your collection, you can't sell it. Really makes you stop and consider if the player you're getting in return will be worth it. It's a risk/reward kind of thing.

FWIW, I really like the way it worked in The Show and I'm actually somewhat considering playing some MyTeam this year.
Yeah, that's what it sounds like. I liked how it worked in The Show but MT seems to be much, much harder to come by than stubs. I thought the way it worked in 2K15 was pretty much perfect. I'm not someone that spends a lot of money on pack openings so being able to sell off some cards in a collection once I got the reward was pretty vital.

Grinding for those legend rewards might be my favorite part of the mode. I hope they didn't screw this up.

# 16 trekfan @ 09/13/16 01:09 PM
MyTeam didn't interest me all that much last year, but that blog has certainly gotten me very curious. I like a lot of the things they said they were doing there -- I love a grind that's rewarded properly and it seems like they've taken the steps this year to really reward those players who work a lot in MyTeam.

Going to give this a good look when it hits.

# 17 tt500 @ 09/13/16 01:11 PM
Can't wait to try it out, new matchmaking is gonna do wonders if it works as advertised. Guys who don't use vc can actually enjoy the mode this year if you match up with the same team overalls.

Guys who play PNO should try MTO now if matchmaking is good, making your own lineups is fun and not playing super teams every game will be awesome.

# 18 ClevelandFan @ 09/13/16 01:30 PM
So, no trailer that Ronnie said we'd get?

# 19 Ownal0t @ 09/13/16 01:37 PM
so things that caught my eye,

- no more team balls for playing 20k for a collection
- actual rewards/locking people in
- no more lineup restrictions.

I actually liked the bronze games to a extent. but this takes me back to 2k14. I can't wait for day 1 super teams vs bronzes and the trail card haha

# 20 MFDOOMBOT @ 09/13/16 01:41 PM
It sounds improved from last year, but I wish they would figure out a way to make even low rated players have value. MUT does this with their sets & badges. Being able to trade in bronze players for badges that could get you better players would be awesome.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.