Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Ronnie2K (Game 1: Minnesota Timberwolves, Game 2: Toronto Raptors) and LD2K (Game 1: Los Angeles Lakers, Game 2: Indiana Pacers) are playing 2 full games of NBA 2K17 on Twitch, starting now.

For those of you that can't watch it now, we will update this post with an archive link when it's over.

UPDATE: The stream is over, here is the link to the archive.

UPDATE #2: (9-14) You can also watch the archive on their YouTube channel.

Post your thoughts here.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 Impetuous65 @ 09/13/16 09:01 PM
There is no continuity to this stream, none. I, am so used to San Diego Studios with MLB conducting a features stream showing and explaining mechanics drill deep into the features set and following that up with gameplay so you can see the end results. Scott asking them to bring stuff up and they do it a nano second and it's back to I got to win this game. I learned nothing from this stream nothing but, I wanna win as if that matters to the people watching.

# 42 LorenzoDC @ 09/13/16 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Goodness the defensive settings sound ridiculous. Sounds like they've added so many more tools and the help defense slider is back as well. I'm gonna go crazy this year.
OG added some nice nuggets of info in there.

But the decision to keep Czar and OG from blogging their work this year is just. . . I dunno, it's just insane to me.

I mean, you have these guys working their butts off, creating so much AI that the difficulty levels and the whole online competitive gaming experience has literally been rebuilt around their work. And yet they won't promote it.

They just ended the broadcast promoting tomorrow's Momentous trailer and no mention of anything from OG and Czar prior to Friday.

I'm seriously critical of that as a member of #simnation, wanting to know more about the game play, but I'm at least as critical of that just thinking about what it says to OG and Czar.

Beluba, who has been fantastic, deferred answering some questions because they would be better answered by OG or Czar. And yet. . . OG and Czar are muzzled.

I pre-ordered the game and look forward to Friday. But this makes no sense to me on a number of levels.

# 43 Philg0126 @ 09/13/16 09:04 PM
The crowd still was unresponsive and boring

# 44 Boogee134 @ 09/13/16 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
OK, thanks mom. Thanks for being so concerned.
He's right though.

# 45 Mackiaveliko @ 09/13/16 09:06 PM
Funny how they won't even have a trailer or news about MyPark and Pro-AM.. ONLY AFTER RELEASE!

I don't like this.. for many reasons

# 46 jfsolo @ 09/13/16 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I dont think it was LD who was playing, he was just answering questions.
It was definitely LD playing, he seemed to be making a lot of questionable choices on defense.

# 47 extremeskins04 @ 09/13/16 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
It was definitely LD playing, he seemed to be making a lot of questionable choices on defense.
Ah ok, I thought LD was the one with the backwards hat sitting on the left.

# 48 jfsolo @ 09/13/16 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Ah ok, I thought LD was the one with the backwards hat sitting on the left.
No that was OG.

# 49 Hustle Westbrook @ 09/13/16 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
OG added some nice nuggets of info in there.

But the decision to keep Czar and OG from blogging their work this year is just. . . I dunno, it's just insane to me.

I mean, you have these guys working their butts off, creating so much AI that the difficulty levels and the whole online competitive gaming experience has literally been rebuilt around their work. And yet they won't promote it.

They just ended the broadcast promoting tomorrow's Momentous trailer and no mention of anything from OG and Czar prior to Friday.

I'm seriously critical of that as a member of #simnation, wanting to know more about the game play, but I'm at least as critical of that just thinking about what it says to OG and Czar.

Beluba, who has been fantastic, deferred answering some questions because they would be better answered by OG or Czar. And yet. . . OG and Czar are muzzled.

I pre-ordered the game and look forward to Friday. But this makes no sense to me on a number of levels.

Having no blog is crazy. I was hyped for it all week. Hopefully Czar makes a YouTube video going in depth about the new offensive AI he's worked on this year.

# 50 ronyell @ 09/13/16 09:22 PM
Quote:
Exactly. When you cut off the turboing and lead passes and force these guys to play in the half court they don't know what to do.

And sadly that will cause their new core fan base of MyParkers to complain until it is patched OUT of the game within the 1st 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 51 extremeskins04 @ 09/13/16 09:24 PM
Quote:
If you notice, these threads get polluted when guys like Dirk, extremeskins and a few other always try starting something. They're always going after posters or their posts.
I have been nothing but respectful to you and have never called you out or actually objected to any of your posts. When you first objected to the fact that they didn't fix your favorite team's court, like I've said before, I was one of the first posters to come at your defense.

I have always shown respect to you dude. I've never called you out on anything, but you have repeatedly done it to me and I don't appreciate it. I really don't.

And Dirk hasn't done anything wrong either bro, he's been very constructive with his comments and views and he's been around quite a while now.

Also, I have been very "on topic" with this thread and have been talking about the gameplay from the stream and relaying information back to people here that were unable to view the stream.

Back on topic now...did you like the gameplay aspect of the stream atleast? Maybe they will patch the player models soon.

# 52 coachcolbert @ 09/13/16 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackiaveliko
Funny how they won't even have a trailer or news about MyPark and Pro-AM.. ONLY AFTER RELEASE!

I don't like this.. for many reasons
i joined the stream late but i did hear the guys say that the park trailer wasnt done and Ronnie said something about going somewhere tomorrow but he couldnt talk about it?

hey all i can say is for me personally 2k has gotten better every year since the original. ofcourse no game is perfect, but ill give them the benefit of the doubt til i actually play the game.

ive read your posts enough to know your VERY passionate about the Park and thats great!!! seriously it is, i hope when you finally touch down in the park - you get your socks blown off by how much fun it is lmao! i enjoy playing 2k with people who enjoy playing 2k! hopefully we can go at it come this weekend! lmao PSN coachcolbert (im a pro am guy, BUT my roots are in the park lol)

# 53 The 24th Letter @ 09/13/16 09:26 PM
Quote:
If you notice, these threads get polluted when guys like Dirk, extremeskins and a few other always try starting something. They're always going after posters or their posts.

This thread was for a stream of a game being played. That includes graphics, not just gameplay.

When I clicked on the stream to watch it, I noticed Wiggins was given the skinny model. So I commented on it. But then the same guys as usual couldn't just leave it alone. They had to start coming at me. And then I reply, and it goes from there. They're the real problems here. Always poking.

So I'm a huge art guy, big deal if that's what I talk about most. That's what I'm most passionate about. There are people who talk about The Park all the time. Or gameplay. Etc. Do I care? No. Does anybody complain about them? No.

I'm tired of these guys going into every thread, poking at posters and their opinions, and then acting like we're the ones getting these threads off track.
Look man, I havent said a word to you about your issues this year....but you have a part in this as much as anyone.

You have two threads dedicated to art & body types...two...where yall have had free reign to basically say anything you want....you could have easily commented on what you saw there. Coming in here with that just gives it the appearance you want to put a show on.

Now, your also being egged on....which plays a big role- and we have to understand that as well...but also understand all of this could have been avoided..

# 54 jfsolo @ 09/13/16 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell
And sadly that will cause their new core fan base of MyParkers to complain until it is patched OUT of the game within the 1st 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With online and offline being tunable separately(I think) it's going to be very interesting to see if they can resist the outcry that is going to happen because of things like the new fatigue, penalties for running right into defenders, and the great reduction of lead passing.

# 55 23 @ 09/13/16 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
With online and offline being tunable separately(I think) it's going to be very interesting to see if they can resist the outcry that is going to happen because of things like the new fatigue, penalties for running right into defenders, and the great reduction of lead passing.
They wont because they never do, but they should stick to their guns

# 56 LorenzoDC @ 09/13/16 09:33 PM
Quote:
Having no blog is crazy. I was hyped for it all week. Hopefully Czar makes a YouTube video going in depth about the new offensive AI he's worked on this year.
I almost just posted a new thread about this but decided not to, fearing it would become a bash 2k marketing thread. That's not what I want.

What I do want is for 2k to give appropriate promotional oxygen to their work, since it has transformed the game. And selfishly, as one of many stakeholders in the community collaboration process, I want some communications to us that acknowledges and rewards our role in the constructive part of that process by way of in depth game play info prior to release.

They did it last year. The reason they haven't this year is because. . . why?

But back more directly to the stream, I tuned in late, but there were indeed many worthwhile tips and informational tidbits from OG about game play, strategy, AI improvements and MyPlayer builds.

The strength of the stream is that is shows little flashes of those AI game play improvements designed by OG and Da_Czar.

# 57 Mackiaveliko @ 09/13/16 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachcolbert
i joined the stream late but i did hear the guys say that the park trailer wasnt done and Ronnie said something about going somewhere tomorrow but he couldnt talk about it?

hey all i can say is for me personally 2k has gotten better every year since the original. ofcourse no game is perfect, but ill give them the benefit of the doubt til i actually play the game.

ive read your posts enough to know your VERY passionate about the Park and thats great!!! seriously it is, i hope when you finally touch down in the park - you get your socks blown off by how much fun it is lmao! i enjoy playing 2k with people who enjoy playing 2k! hopefully we can go at it come this weekend! lmao PSN coachcolbert (im a pro am guy, BUT my roots are in the park lol)
Lmao.. yeah i'm the type of dude that only buys 1-2 games yearly (One being 2k obviously) and Battlefield when it comes out, been playing that since 1942.. more than a decade wow lol.

Anyway, extremely passionate about 2k as a whole but I mostly play parks and pro-am.. I just have never seen a game mode news/trailers released after the game drops lol that's unheard of. But I hopeeeeeeee that what you're saying is true lol, big fan of MyParks.. Would be highly disappointing if they cut us short this year.

But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt as well, I hope they have some good news and yea I heard Ronnie saying about going somewhere tomorrow lol, who knows if it might be related.

But definetely I hope we can link up, I almost got my Pro-Am squad ready up full.. would love to play when the game is out, we should def stay in touch.

# 58 LD2k @ 09/13/16 09:38 PM
Glad OG could join us since there was no blog. Him and Czar did great work this year. I was more focused on getting that kind of information out there than playing.

And Ronnie was a 2K god today.

# 59 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/13/16 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Glad OG could join us since there was no blog. Him and Czar did great work this year. I was more focused on getting that kind of information out there than playing.

And Ronnie was a 2K god today.
It was a tough watch for lakernation

# 60 NINJAK2 @ 09/13/16 09:42 PM
Now I'm excited...Can't wait

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.