Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Ronnie2K (Game 1: Minnesota Timberwolves, Game 2: Toronto Raptors) and LD2K (Game 1: Los Angeles Lakers, Game 2: Indiana Pacers) are playing 2 full games of NBA 2K17 on Twitch, starting now.

For those of you that can't watch it now, we will update this post with an archive link when it's over.

UPDATE: The stream is over, here is the link to the archive.

UPDATE #2: (9-14) You can also watch the archive on their YouTube channel.

Post your thoughts here.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 extremeskins04 @ 09/13/16 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
1. Not sure, I'd have to ask. It depends, though.
2. This is a great question - and something the team has thought about. Depends on if you want that Orange Juice or not. Drink up.. or don't. We'll have to see what happens.
Ugh, dude lol great answer. Now I'm even more excited. 2.5 days!

Thank you!

# 82 LorenzoDC @ 09/13/16 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Scott would be the 1st one to tell you I was lobbying for it. Proud of their entire team. Going forward, if these are things you guys want (and I know you do), I will do my best to make it happen in the future. Promised.
Thanks for this. You posted this just as I made my last comment on this, so I missed it then.

I think the decision, whatever its source, was a very short sighted one. One of the reasons I, and I'm sure many others, spent so much effort to provide constructive design feedback and post screen shots and videos to give specific feedback this cycle was because of those blogs from OG and Czar last year.

Those blogs, more than anything else, told us we had been heard and could help make a positive difference if we took the effort to provide specific feedback in a constructive way over the course of a development cycle. The choice not to engage us similarly this year, in my view, dampens that a bit.

Plus, they've built so much depth, it's going to be hard for people to really dig in to it and understand it, especially the wider audience. This is the community to engage and educate on that stuff so we can do videos that educate the broader customer base. Czar has said many times he doesn't have the time to do all that himself, and the same is true for OG.

I hope this feedback is taken in the constructive spirit I intend, and that, even after release, there will be some effort to provide in depth content about the game play AI improvements as soon as possible. After all, Mike Wang punted on some of those questions, deferring to Scott and Nino, only now it turns out they're not part of the communications plan after all.

# 83 Mackiaveliko @ 09/13/16 10:16 PM
LD I have a question

Why have we not gotten any info in two of 2k's most popular modes (Pro-AM and Parks)

At this point and according to the stream, we will get these news AFTER release, what is the reason behind this?

# 84 juicey79 @ 09/13/16 10:16 PM
2K please bring back college hoops or a DLC with the 10 teams in the prelude...I'll pay $20 for it

# 85 Smirkin Dirk @ 09/13/16 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Thanks for this. You posted this just as I made my last comment on this, so I missed it then.

I think the decision, whatever its source, was a very short sighted one. One of the reasons I, and I'm sure many others, spent so much effort to provide constructive design feedback and post screen shots and videos to give specific feedback this cycle was because of those blogs from OG and Czar last year.

Those blogs, more than anything else, told us we had been heard and could help make a positive difference if we took the effort to provide specific feedback in a constructive way over the course of a development cycle. The choice not to engage us similarly this year, in my view, dampens that a bit.

Plus, they've built so much depth, it's going to be hard for people to really dig in to it and understand it, especially the wider audience. This is the community to engage and educate on that stuff so we can do videos that educate the broader customer base. Czar has said many times he doesn't have the time to do all that himself, and the same is true for OG.

I hope this feedback is taken in the constructive spirit I intend, and that, even after release, there will be some effort to provide in depth content about the game play AI improvements as soon as possible. After all, Mike Wang punted on some of those questions, deferring to Scott and Nino, only now it urns out they're not part of the communications plan after all.
Very well said.

There were some things from last year's blogs that would have gone unnoticed if Czar and OG didnt write about them.

# 86 j3nkins29 @ 09/13/16 10:25 PM
Scott OG was dropping a lot of gems during this stream. Can't wait to get my hands on the game Friday.

# 87 Vni @ 09/13/16 10:25 PM
Feels wierd to not see Czar around at this time of year too.

Even the bots were calling for him.

# 88 Vni @ 09/13/16 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by j3nkins29
Scott OG was dropping a lot of gems during this stream. Can't wait to get my hands on the game Friday.
Can you name a few that you remember ?

# 89 Smirkin Dirk @ 09/13/16 10:27 PM
Might have to be a OS collaboration on ACE. Im sure lots of the sim gamers would love to contribute.

# 90 ViolenceFight @ 09/13/16 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackiaveliko
LD I have a question

Why have we not gotten any info in two of 2k's most popular modes (Pro-AM and Parks)

At this point and according to the stream, we will get these news AFTER release, what is the reason behind this?

So earlier, I was pretty convinced nothing had been done other than a coat of paint. The fact that we're getting info late has me suspecting that they might actually be place holders for something more. Think about this: You remember last year's "Pro-Am Debacle" where it was there, but didn't work and none of the promised stuff was in there?

What if, and this is very heavy speculation, they have something nuts planned but it won't be ready for launch? I mean as a consumer, and I'm asking you because you are so passionate about park, would you rather be able to play and have them hit you with crazy stuff the second week? Or would you rather them promise stuff with a trailer and then it not work fully on launch making the mode unplayable?

I'm probably very wrong, but I can't see any other reasoning behind the barebones park update and them pushing the trailer back unless they are hiding something.

I'm hoping I'm reading their move correctly, but I'm probably just going to get my ankles broke.

# 91 j3nkins29 @ 09/13/16 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Can you name a few that you remember ?
I believe he said maybe like a few thousand (could of been hundreds) of new offball animations. He said in the post alone there are a ton of new animations. This should greatly improve My Career and Pro Am. Also they talked to almost all the NBA teams to further improve their coaching A.I. systems. Also the offensive and Defensive A.I. are much improved. The defensive adjustments are more too. You can choose where the help comes from and also and there should be no more times where your A.I. teammates help one pass away giving up easy shots. He also said you should see the A.I. helping off of players who cannot shoot. Even more that I probably cannot remember. It seems like the A.I. should be much improved and they have given us a ton more offensive and defensive options.

# 92 LorenzoDC @ 09/13/16 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
Might have to be a OS collaboration on ACE. Im sure lots of the sim gamers would love to contribute.
In all fairness, we could spend a whole cycle trying to put a wiki-type thread together, and we would still get a lot wrong, never coming close to replicating this. Or this.

I made a few in depth offensive freelance videos last year, and others made many more. Those collectively were viewed by the online competitive community - the larger 2k market - who were learning to play the game. That style of game play looks like it will be even more important for success this year.

We would not have been educated enough to make all those videos in the few short weeks after release without those blogs last year.

So this year, for all those weeks it takes us to try to catch up and figure things out, the depth of the game will remain poorly understood or undiscovered to the customer base.

# 93 Smirkin Dirk @ 09/13/16 10:45 PM
He also said the CPU would help one pass away off bad shooters.

# 94 michaelzs @ 09/13/16 10:48 PM
how to download this video?

# 95 Smirkin Dirk @ 09/13/16 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
In all fairness, we could spend a whole cycle trying to put a wiki-type thread together, and we would still get a lot wrong, never coming close to replicating this. Or this.

I made a few in depth offensive freelance videos last year, and others made many more. Those collectively were viewed by the online competitive community - the larger 2k market - who were learning to play the game. That style of game play looks like it will be even more important for success this year.

We would not have been educated enough to make all those videos in the few short weeks after release without those blogs last year.

So this year, for all those weeks it takes us to try to catch up and figure things out, the depth of the game will remain poorly understood or undiscovered to the customer base.
I agree, but without these blogs, a user collaboration is as good as we can do.

# 96 LorenzoDC @ 09/13/16 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
I agree, but without these blogs, a user collaboration is as good as we can do.
I get it, but I'm not ready to give up hope they can't recover some of this by posting blogs after this Friday.

It would be the right thing to do on many levels, and in 2k's game promotional interests.

Just think what Sam Pham and others could do with that info if they had it this month, right as the game releases, and what that would do for customer education and momentum for adopting 2k's new game play sophistication this year.

# 97 The 24th Letter @ 09/13/16 11:04 PM
Man.....really, really seems like skill is going to be huge this year...you can see the freedom in this vid....wow

I havent seen an excessively canned instance in the entire 1st quarter...3 more to go..

Hype meter rising

# 98 EccentricMeat @ 09/13/16 11:29 PM
Gameplay looks amazing. Animations look smooth and realistic instead of jittery and robotic like previous years. Game speed and player speed also looks much improved.

But some of those body types are AWFUL. Some of these guys look like they're tall middle-schoolers [emoji15]

# 99 Eman5805 @ 09/13/16 11:46 PM
Funny as hell seeing the cheerleaders throwing those shirts or whatever into a crowd that could not give less of a damn.

# 100 CaseIH @ 09/13/16 11:52 PM
Really liked seeing all the fouls being called, hope that translates to playing offline against the CPU without having to crank foul sliders all the way up to see fouls being called close to how it is IRL. Hoping to see looseball and over the back fouls more this year along with charges.

Also like seeing that you can force the ball into the paint, and from playing the prelude it doesnt seem you can force dribble into the paint either. Last yr in 16 it was improved from previous years, and looks like its been improved even more this yr, so good to see.

The game overall just looks improved a quite a bit, and thats impressive with such a short development cycle this time around. Just hope the game isnt full of bugs with such a shot dev cycle, as thats my biggest concerned on buying it day1, but Im putting my faith in the fact that with last yr being so good, and with the quality of the devs that make this game it will be a great game out of the box.

Always love watching Ronnie and Chris play every yr, and Im sure its hard to concentrate on playing while trying to talk. I know when my wife is bugging me when Im playing I usually screw up, so Ill give them a pass on how they played, especially Chris, as I cant imagine he is really that bad if,lol.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.