Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

In celebration of the upcoming release of NBA 2K17, 2K today released its annual Momentous Trailer featuring some of the NBA’s top talent, including NBA 2K17 cover athlete Paul George, Legend Edition cover Kobe Bryant, and Team 2K athletes Kevin Durant, Draymond Green, Jimmy Butler, and Kyrie Irving.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 aholbert32 @ 09/14/16 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
And this people, is why you should avoid parts of OS until next 2K pre-release as soon as you get the game haha.

Or you'll only play it for 1 week (pretty much happened for me and 2K13).

LOL. This is so true.

My enjoyment factor was so high last year when I ignored this forum after release. When I came back around a month ago, I didnt recognize 3/4ths of the problems that people were talking about. Why?

Because I dont notice most of the "minor" issues with the game. I had no idea that Dwight Howard had fat legs in the game until a month ago and I probably played with and against Howard 20-25 times last year. I promise you I wouldnt have noticed Wiggins arms if it wasnt for this thread.

Those things dont stand out for you when you are playing broadcast mode. Even if I noticed something like that my response was typically "Player X's cyberface looks off...oh well".

Dont get me wrong. I love OS. So much so that I think Steve should give me a cut of its profits. But I've found that my enjoyment increases the less I'm here after release. I'm playing Madden now and while I'm sure there are major issues with the game that I'm not aware of, I'm loving the game because i have no idea about them.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

# 82 MarkWilliam @ 09/14/16 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
LOL. This is so true.

My enjoyment factor was so high last year when I ignored this forum after release. When I came back around a month ago, I didnt recognize 3/4ths of the problems that people were talking about. Why?

Because I dont notice most of the "minor" issues with the game. I had no idea that Dwight Howard had fat legs in the game until a month ago and I probably played with and against Howard 20-25 times last year. I promise you I wouldnt have noticed Wiggins arms if it wasnt for this thread.

Those things dont stand out for you when you are playing broadcast mode. Even if I noticed something like that my response was typically "Player X's cyberface looks off...oh well".

Dont get me wrong. I love OS. So much so that I think Steve should give me a cut of its profits. But I've found that my enjoyment increases the less I'm here after release. I'm playing Madden now and while I'm sure there are major issues with the game that I'm not aware of, I'm loving the game because i have no idea about them.

Amen. It's always reminded me of that "glass shattering" joke in How I Met Your Mother. Once you know, you can't "un-know" haha.

Also love OS, but just find that in order to maximize the experience (that we painstakingly await with such graceful patience) you have to just find out the flaws at your own pace.

2K16 lasted a bit longer for me in doing this.

Of course, there's a flip side. 2K15 was dead in the water for me once and some nice constructive threads re-invigorated it for me. But even a thread name can make you notice something negative haha.

# 83 ForeverVersatile @ 09/14/16 01:17 PM
That's the first Momentous trailer i can say i didn't like. I'm usually hyped after one. A little too slow and not enough action for a final trailer.

# 84 23 @ 09/14/16 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I feel like everybody will loosen up a bit around here once we all actually have the game, lol.
Im bouncing from here.

You just wait.... the complaining is coming

# 85 WTF @ 09/14/16 01:19 PM
Quote:
Is it just me or is this one of their crappier faces?
He and Andre Wiggins need a new face.

# 86 scottyp180 @ 09/14/16 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon623
These momentus trailers lately have been meh, i still think 2k11 and 12 have the best trailers.
It's been mentioned but those of us that have been following the game long enough have gotten use to these trailers. After seeing so many it starts to feel like the same thing each year, a hype trailer consisting of crossovers, dunks, celebrations, and a defensive stop or two.

Someone created a thread the other week with a video that contained each debut trailer since 2k7(I think 2k7) and even the old trailers hold up well. Sure the graphics look dated (although far from bad) but 2K has always had the ability to look great in a trailers. It's a matter of using the right clips and animations.

# 87 23 @ 09/14/16 01:22 PM
Quote:
LOL!!!

No ****ing way. Looking at the history of OS if anything it will be worse. Much worse. Once people have the game, there is more stuff to examine, legitimately complain about and/or nitpick.

Thursday-Friday 80-90% of the people will be praising the game.

Saturday through Friday: That number will drop as people will dig into the game and the backlash will appear.

2 weeks from now: The backlash to the backlash will occur and the forums will level off.
I actually feel bad for the dudes trying to defend the game.because they're about to get OVERWHELMED.

I'm collapsing this thread and going back to the nba forum

Gonna be adios amigo

# 88 23 @ 09/14/16 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNS1hunnid
You gotta be trolling right????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He has the game he'd know more than you lol

# 89 MarkWilliam @ 09/14/16 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
He and Andre Wiggins need a new face.
Yeah that Wiggins is deplorable. I saw a lot of comments flying around already so held off on the joke pic for him haha.

# 90 aholbert32 @ 09/14/16 01:26 PM
Quote:
Amen. It's always reminded me of that "glass shattering" joke in How I Met Your Mother. Once you know, you can't "un-know" haha.

Also love OS, but just find that in order to maximize the experience (that we painstakingly await with such graceful patience) you have to just find out the flaws at your own pace.

2K16 lasted a bit longer for me in doing this.

Of course, there's a flip side. 2K15 was dead in the water for me once and some nice constructive threads re-invigorated it for me. But even a thread name can make you notice something negative haha.
Those are the worst! Especially when they appear in the main forum index.

# 91 aholbert32 @ 09/14/16 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I actually feel bad for the dudes trying to defend the game.because they're about to get OVERWHELMED.

I'm collapsing this thread and going back to the nba forum

Gonna be adios amigo
I realized years ago that there is no use defending a AAA game (unless its one I'm helping with "Go Buy UFC 2!").

People are going to complain about NBA2k17. Years ago, i would be here going back and forth about trivial things. But I'm old now. The game is what it is. Millions of people are going to buy the game no matter what is said here. NBA 2k18 will be released next year.

So with that being the case, i'd rather let people complain (even if its wrong or overblown) than debate it anymore.

# 92 MaSTA SoLIDUS @ 09/14/16 01:36 PM
Came in looking for one thing:

The Cavs jerseys have that #GoldTab.

I slightly peeped it on Ky, but it was Clear as day on Bron.

Day one buy.

(was gonna be anyway, but still. lol)

# 93 Johnnythelegend @ 09/14/16 01:38 PM
Quote:
LOL. This is so true.

That's so true man lol. I think i am gonna do just that. People here complain about so many stuff that isn't that important to me and i don't think i'd notice it. First guy that comes to my mind is that Bucks fan that complain about the color of Giannis' pube hair. Maybe i'll visit sliders section, that was really helpful with 2k16, but i think i'll stay away from the general section.

# 94 aholbert32 @ 09/14/16 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnythelegend
That's so true man lol. I think i am gonna do just that. People here complain about so many stuff that isn't that important to me and i don't think i'd notice it. First guy that comes to my mind is that Bucks fan that complain about the color of Giannis' pube hair. Maybe i'll visit sliders section, that was really helpful with 2k16, but i think i'll stay away from the general section.
Sliders and Rosters section still get visits from me after release. Those forums are 95% constructive.

# 95 scottyp180 @ 09/14/16 01:45 PM
Quote:
LOL. This is so true.

1000% agree. There have been times I come to these boards after a game releases, a game that I am fully enjoying, and then I read some threads and comments and I almost feel embarassed for liking the game. I'll read comments like "the game is broken", "the game is a disaster" and I'm like "is there something wrong with me for enjoying the game? Have I become a 2k sheep/fan boy?"

I've come to understand that it's just a combination of factors and basically my expectations are more easily met than others. Much like you I would never notice something like a player's legs being too thick and even the issues I do notice I can typically live with them. I think the only time I was extremely disappointed at launch was with 2k10(if I'm not mistaken). It was the year where there was a terrible frame rate, lag issue that made playing offline feel like you were playing online with a terrible connection. Luckily the issue was fixed with a patch.

# 96 23 @ 09/14/16 01:45 PM
Quote:
I realized years ago that there is no use defending a AAA game (unless its one I'm helping with "Go Buy UFC 2!").

People are going to complain about NBA2k17. Years ago, i would be here going back and forth about trivial things. But I'm old now. The game is what it is. Millions of people are going to buy the game no matter what is said here. NBA 2k18 will be released next year.

So with that being the case, i'd rather let people complain (even if its wrong or overblown) than debate it anymore.
All true

The early posts pointing things out does help some like the defensive sprint thing...

That said, you were spot on but people who have been complaining about complaints are in for a whirlwind. They have no idea what real complaining is yet, and it goes on all year.

# 97 Mikelopedia @ 09/14/16 01:52 PM
I've made my analysis of 2k17 body types very clear and The Momentous Trailer thread is not the place to rehash the issue.

Nice work as always by Momentous, however this truly had the feel of a teaser trailer. Had this been released in July or August, it would have made more sense, not 2 days before we have the game. Overall the reception wouldn't quite be as luke warm.

Most scenes were shown until the conclusion, hiding the end result, other than celebrations. The limb collision detection system is definitely steps forward in 2k17, and the ball handling looks great. That Kyrie crossover with the ball being snatched back from the camera was a cool shot.

I just feel this close to release, with 2k's pitch of more dribbling and finishing control, and with the concensus gripe with this year being the inaccuracies of player builds, a trailer geared more towards control and gameplay in general would have made more sense than celebrations and tease scenes.

Enjoyable nontheless

# 98 renni @ 09/14/16 02:00 PM
Surprisingly I have nothing negative to say about the trailer . I think I'm tearing up actually . Every year the hype hits me at once

# 99 renni @ 09/14/16 02:03 PM
Won't visit this section much post release dou lol. You guys can be cancerous

# 100 lordfr33 @ 09/14/16 02:07 PM
anybody knows the title of the song?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.