Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

The color rush uniforms are here for Madden NFL 17 -- and there are a few which are clearly excellent and a few that may make your TV explode.

Listen, these rankings are entirely subjective -- but let's be honest about one thing: the color rush uniforms are nothing but a money grab from the NFL and one which probably will work.

Now that we officially agree on that, let's get to the rankings.

The Worst Color Rush Unis
  • Dolphins: There is nothing (literally nothing) good about bright orange. Not in any situation ever.
  • 49'ers: A basic style tip, if your outfits going one way you don't accessorize with something completely different that looks out of place. The helmets don't match the rest of the uni.
  • Cowboys: I'm just here to annoy Steve and point out the unis aren't all that different from previous ones worn by the Cowboys.
  • Seahawks: Your TV might just start smoking and then explode from the amount of color coming off of the screen. Then again, maybe that's the point?
The Best Color Rush Unis
  • Lions: The Lions don't do much right in football, but they nailed the look for this uni, sharp and good color tones.
  • Steelers: The black and yellow is always a classic look -- and when its more black than yellow, it just looks menacing. I'm a fan.
  • Panthers: The neon type of look works well in some shades -- particularly in Carolina Panther. The silver helmet really accents the whole look.
  • Falcons: I like a red/black color scheme a lot, and the Falcons pulled it off quite well. The red jerseys with black numbers just works.

So what about you? What is your completely subjective take on which color rush uniforms are the best and which are the worst?

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 BadAssHskr @ 09/16/16 12:25 PM
I actually appreciate the Flashy ones. Take the Chiefs for example, just so boring, I wish they were more creative and fun, although i do like the shoes.

# 2 CM Hooe @ 09/16/16 12:29 PM
The "best" list is wrong because it doesn't include the Saints. IMO the Saints' color rush jerseys look good enough to be their actual road uniforms.

# 3 RedZoneD25 @ 09/16/16 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The "best" list is wrong because it doesn't include the Saints. IMO the Saints' color rush jerseys look good enough to be their actual road uniforms.
That set is in the conversation for "best uniform", period, in my opinion of course. Color Rush aside...that is football aesthetic perfection.

# 4 AiDub @ 09/16/16 01:01 PM
As much as I hate the Patriots, I really dig their Color Rush unis.

My top five:

1. Saints
2. Patriots
3. Steelers
4. Bears
5. Rams

Worst:

1. Seahawks
2. Jaguars
3. Browns
4. Dolphins
5. Cowboys

# 5 ajra21 @ 09/16/16 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
The Worst Color Rush Unis
  • Dolphins: There is nothing (literally nothing) good about bright orange. Not in any situation ever.
  • 49'ers: A basic style tip, if your outfits going one way you don't accessorize with something completely different that looks out of place. The helmets don't match the rest of the uni.
  • Cowboys: I'm just here to annoy Steve and point out the unis aren't all that different from previous ones worn by the Cowboys.
  • Seahawks: Your TV might just start smoking and then explode from the amount of color coming off of the screen. Then again, maybe that's the point?
a basic style tip: when you have a classic, great uniform, don't screw around with it.

# 6 NDAlum @ 09/16/16 01:30 PM
Quote:
In my CFM I'm definitely using them the majority of road games

# 7 BL8001 @ 09/16/16 01:41 PM
Bright orange - hunting

# 8 drop_dead619 @ 09/16/16 01:41 PM
I like the Vikings jerseys and call me a bias since im a Vikings fan but whateves

# 9 Feros Ferio 7 @ 09/16/16 01:52 PM
I like that during October the Color Rash Jerseys turns off the Pinktober!!!

# 10 PredatorKingdom @ 09/16/16 02:05 PM
Quote:
They're sharp but the problem is they're all-white and Saints are a gold pants team they look sharper in gold pants or even black. It reminds me of the Michigan uniforms right now where the road uniforms don't include maize pants like they've always had, the all-white looks is a tacky look for Michigan and it's a tacky look for the Saints. Saints all-white is good enough for one game during the season but not permanently.

# 11 PredatorKingdom @ 09/16/16 02:13 PM
The thing about the color rush uniforms is that monochromes just suck honestly but when mixed with other pants colors or white they come out much sharper. Some of the monochromes look good like the Lions all-black or Steelers all-black. I actually think the Dolphins orange looks cooler paired with white or aqua pants. Dolphins orange pants with white jersey looks even sweeter. I saw somebody post a screenshot of the Bills wearing their red helmets with the white jerseys and red pants that was sweet too.

In my CFM, I've been mixing and matching the Lions uniforms heavily I've done white on black and even blue on black. The Seahawks who I played in a game recently had a very cool looking uniform when I paired the neon green tops with the wolf grey pants. It didn't look as bright and obnoxious when paired up that way.

I think it's best when you're using these color rush and you're not a fan of monochrome or even all-white to mix and match them with different combinations because the jerseys and pants by themselves are actually pretty sweet.

The Falcons color rush to me is the best so far when it comes to actually needing to replace the actual current uniform but that's easy because the Falcons in my opinion have had the worst uniforms in the league ever since the Bills got their new ones in 2011. The red jersey and red pants is a good look when paired with different options especially if they were to bring back the metallic silver pants to match with the red jersey a Steve Bartkowski era look from the late 70s and 80s.

# 12 ggsimmonds @ 09/16/16 02:19 PM
I like the Bengals. I havent seen it in motion so not sure how the helmet meshes with the white, but the jersey itself is nice.

Also fro my ravens, i did not like them when i saw the still image reveal, but in game they look nice

# 13 SmashMan @ 09/16/16 02:20 PM
I'm biased but I think the Bears uniforms look good. But then, I liked them a few years back when all-blue was an alternate too.

I haven't checked out all the others in-game yet, but I really like how the Saints and Broncos look.

# 14 wallofhate @ 09/16/16 02:45 PM
How dare you put the Cowboys on the worst list lol. I actually like Seattle and obviously the Cowboys and I'd round out the top five with the Patriots, vikings and rams. The worst is the bills and jaguars and all the red color rush other than the Chiefs imo.

# 15 KANE699 @ 09/16/16 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallofhate
How dare you put the Cowboys on the worst list lol. I actually like Seattle and obviously the Cowboys and I'd round out the top five with the Patriots, vikings and rams. The worst is the bills and jaguars and all the red color rush other than the Chiefs imo.
With the Cowboys reminding us of the 94 throwbacks which some regard highly as some of the greatest uniforms of all time, its hard to imagine people would put them in the worst, clearly hating to hate here.

# 16 zacification1 @ 09/16/16 03:42 PM
Chargers uniforms are underrated, I think they're top 5...3...best. No, best.

# 17 w00dy Hayezz @ 09/16/16 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by numberFour4ever
Not sure why the Packers bothered to play along. #Pointless
Would have loved to see either all green or yellow..

# 18 w00dy Hayezz @ 09/16/16 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacification1
Chargers uniforms are underrated, I think they're top 5...3...best. No, best.
Agreed, those are so sharp!

# 19 tsparker8 @ 09/16/16 04:47 PM
The giants jerseys are so fresh. -jets fan

# 20 SportsGameGod @ 09/16/16 05:20 PM
http://picture-cdn.wheretoget.it/isj3ha-l-610x610-swimwear-sexy+swimsuit-summer-sexy-beach-orange-bright+color.jpg

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.