Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

Geoff Harrower, A.K.A. GameplayDevUFC, has been posting quite a few details on the upcoming EA Sports UFC 2 patch on his Twitter page. While no date for the patch has been revealed, he has posted quite a few nuggets. Check out some of them below and let us know what you think!
  • Fixed bug where cancelling the SUB transition from postured up half guard to guard would interrupt all DOM strikes
  • Gave DOM the ability to break out of a single leg attempt after reversing into that position from SUB side control
  • Added increased damage to any round strike that connects with an opponent who lunges sideways into it
  • Added Anthony Pettis and Renan Barão to Featherweight
(UPDATE: 9-27) The patch is available now for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, below are the patch notes.

Updates
  • Added three new fighters; Nikita Krylov in Light Heavyweight; Jimmie Rivera in Bantamweight; Jake Matthews in Lightweight
  • Added Anthony Pettis and Renan Barão to Featherweight
  • Updated moves for various fighters
  • Ultimate Team players now earn a reward pack for their first win of the day in Ultimate Championships
Gameplay
  • Added increased damage to any round strike that connects with an opponent who lunges sideways into it
  • Added the ability for the DOM fighter to break out of a single leg attempt after reversing into that position from SUB side control
  • Fixed the Stamina setting in Practice Mode
  • Fixed bug where cancelling the SUB transition from postured up half guard to guard would interrupt all DOM strikes

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 GameplayDevUFC @ 09/27/16 11:59 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the credit for the move set changes goes to Bassi.

I have a feeling he combed the threads here and did what he could.

# 122 Bigg Cee @ 09/28/16 12:02 AM
Seems Haz is happy about this patch. Also I have to say this patch was a pretty good one. It's was a under the radar patch that had some good stuff in it. This is for the whole EA team...
Good Job!

# 123 Bigg Cee @ 09/28/16 12:26 AM
GPD can you find out what AI fixes made it into this patch please and post it when ever you can.

After all of these patches I'm finally going to start my career mode with a UFC fighter.

# 124 xsntckx @ 09/28/16 02:01 AM
no one fighter in HW has not added.. (Ngannou, Tybura)

# 125 Generative James @ 09/28/16 08:02 AM
Nikita Krylov is awesome!

91 striking, lvl 3 straight cross, no superman punch, lead hook kick, crane kick, Thai clinch grab, Guillotine from Thai clinch, subs from 1/2 guard top and bottom, lvl 3 North South Choke, and sub reversals of BOTH single leg and double leg takedowns.

I'mma have to start playing LHW again!

# 126 Bigg Cee @ 09/28/16 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generative James

91 striking, lvl 3 straight cross, no superman punch, lead hook kick, crane kick, Thai clinch grab, Guillotine from Thai clinch, subs from 1/2 guard top and bottom, lvl 3 North South Choke, and sub reversals of BOTH single leg and double leg takedowns.

ya I was using him today in LHW against rumble users and a few jones users and he's not bad. I like him.

# 127 rob3563 @ 09/28/16 09:46 AM
Will there be fighter updates for a few more months as far as win loss record and possible champion changes ?

ps-great final patch.

# 128 Boiler569 @ 09/28/16 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
It may not always feel like it, but the community does have a big influence on what we do.
for sure, you guys listen to us a lot, I've seen a dozen or more direct changes to the game since Beta that came directly from community --- thanks for listening; I think it's paying off for everyone !!

I'm really interested in checking out some of the moveset changes

# 129 Haz____ @ 09/28/16 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generative James

He also has Crucifix!

I had a Krylov caf actually, but this is just awesome. Very very well done fighter. Krylov is a beast in this game!

Thanks again Devs!! Best post-launch Dev support i've ever seen in my life.

# 130 TreJayMMA @ 09/28/16 11:47 AM
I'm really glad they took away RDA's disgusting super man punch and replaced it with a way more appropriate punch, i which they would do that with almost all fighters ( MAX HOLLOWAY) but whatever, I guess I just won't use them.

I also very happy that they basically overhauled Yair Rodriguez and gave him a very true to life move set. Thank you Devs for reaching out to the community to make this game better and I look forward to talking to you guys when the EA UFC 3 Hype Train arrives

# 131 Pappy Knuckles @ 09/28/16 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
JoJo Calderwood got Spinning Back fists, a Right Overhand, and a lvl 3 Lead Body Knee. She's a beast now!
My most used fighter. This pleases me lol.

# 132 Pappy Knuckles @ 09/28/16 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

[*]Added increased damage to any round strike that connects with an opponent who lunges sideways into it
Very excited to see how this plays out. Should slow down some of the dancing by these boys online.

# 133 Haz____ @ 09/28/16 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
My most used fighter. This pleases me lol.
She's an ANIMAL now dude! It's so awesome.

# 134 Bigg Cee @ 09/28/16 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_Manuel
Pettis is the MCGREGOR KILLER at Featherweight. God that's nice.
Also Barao is really good at FW. This division is tons of fun to play now, it has a nice mix of different types of fighters.

# 135 Bigg Cee @ 09/28/16 12:59 PM
Skynet is online now...

What were some of the AI changes for this patch? and did the Max Holloway stand and bang taunt make it in for the last patch?

# 136 Pappy Knuckles @ 09/28/16 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonezy
By dancing you mean not standing in front of you and exchanging spammy straights? LOL!!
*Rolls eyes*

A lot of guys side step a ton. That's all I"m saying. Will be nice to punish them even more when you connect.

Question for the dev: does this apply to backward dashes as well? I caught a Cerrone online a second a go with a kick mid-dash and got a health event and finish. Not sure if it was just coincidental or part of the patch.

# 137 Pappy Knuckles @ 09/28/16 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonezy
Punishing players for using movement. Smh.
Man, get out of my life.

# 138 SMOKEZERO @ 09/28/16 03:01 PM
Jake Matthews? Seriously how do fighters get chosen to be added? Matthews isn't even top 25 in the lightweight division. A guy like Francisco Trinaldo who's on a 7 fight win streak over tough competition, 14 fights in the UFC. Notable wins over Felder, Mederios, Laprise, Pearson, Parke, Silva yet Matthews gets added. WTF? Do you guys check the rankings or go by twitter followers, cause real killers don't twitter. The patches may be over but a content update or two would be nice. Show Santiago Ponzinibbio some love too.

# 139 GameplayDevUFC @ 09/28/16 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
Jake Matthews? Seriously how do fighters get chosen to be added? Matthews isn't even top 25 in the lightweight division. A guy like Francisco Trinaldo who's on a 7 fight win streak over tough competition, 14 fights in the UFC. Notable wins over Felder, Mederios, Laprise, Pearson, Parke, Silva yet Matthews gets added. WTF? Do you guys check the rankings or go by twitter followers, cause real killers don't twitter. The patches may be over but a content update or two would be nice. Show Santiago Ponzinibbio some love too.
I believe the UFC has a pretty big say in the choice.

Also, the choice is made well in advance of the patch, so there's some element of trying to predict the future involved, which doesn't always pan out.

# 140 Supreme_Bananas @ 09/28/16 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
*Rolls eyes*

A lot of guys side step a ton. That's all I"m saying. Will be nice to punish them even more when you connect.

Question for the dev: does this apply to backward dashes as well? I caught a Cerrone online a second a go with a kick mid-dash and got a health event and finish. Not sure if it was just coincidental or part of the patch.
At first I thought the lunge nerf wasn't that bad. After all, stepping right into a strike should do more damage. BUT, since they haven't touched the stupid combo multiplier, the even stupider jab straight to the body nor have they upped sway counter damage OR increased the permanent stamina drain on throwing hundreds of 1-2s, I think just nerfing defense like this is a very bad thing

Martialmind says the exact same thing in his video, you're forced to go toe to toe with characters if they have better stats than you, you can't reliable damage them, and now you can't even evade them very well anymore

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.