Home
WWE 2K17 News Post

Yesterday we learned a lot of info about what Universe Mode was bringing to WWE 2K17. New features like promos and run-ins were announced as were multiple save slots.

A few of our staff writers gathered around the OS Roundtable to talk about yesterday's announcement and what we can expect from this year's effort...

Read More - WWE 2K17: Universe Mode Info Roundtable

Game: WWE 2K17Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Gramps91 @ 09/28/16 03:37 PM
I feel the same way. I'm excited for the additions but I'm remaining skeptical until I get to play it.

# 2 nhthelegend @ 09/28/16 05:09 PM
I remember thinking 2K16's Universe was great, until I got 1 gameplay month in and had an episode of Smackdown where 3 different rivalries literally had the exact same cutscenes occur. Completely inexcusable and made me want to shut the game off. I have high hopes, but Universe mode has been a consistent letdown for 5 years running, so I'm not holding my breath.

# 3 Aleynm @ 09/28/16 05:13 PM
Does it bother anyone else that they use 3D-models instead of actual portraits/pictures of the wrestlers for the match cards?

# 4 Retropyro @ 09/28/16 05:15 PM
What Sanner said. Really hope 2K17 finally gets it, as it has improved each year and seems to be right on the verge of being something really great.

But I'll be waiting until at least Christmas before picking this up. I want to hear what the community says and allow 2K to get at least one or maybe two title updates in first.

# 5 victorkingchamp @ 09/28/16 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleynm
Does it bother anyone else that they use 3D-models instead of actual portraits/pictures of the wrestlers for the match cards?
I actually prefer the 3D models. I always hated how the created wrestler models looked next to the real photos. It was inconsistent and an eyesore IMO.

Josh I noticed the No Mercy menu style also. They also have the animated wrestler models in the main menus like in Here Comes The Pain. It adds a lot of personality to the presentation.

# 6 Bryzine21 @ 09/28/16 09:21 PM
Quote:
It bothers me. The real photos make everything seem much more authentic.

# 7 BSanders @ 09/28/16 10:39 PM
I am looking forward to the game and the improvements but I'm still waiting to see if the match rating system works when we do cpu vs cpu.

# 8 jaredsmith83 @ 09/29/16 07:40 AM
Quote:
I like it myself, especially when you've got created characters and WWE talent together. Everything will be on a similar level.

# 9 RaychelSnr @ 09/29/16 12:06 PM
Quote:
I actually kind of prefer the 3D Models.

# 10 and1product @ 09/29/16 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
If it is consistent with all models and if our caws can be represented and look just like the in game wrestlers, then this is a whole lot better.

# 11 CM Hooe @ 09/29/16 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
I'm mostly with you. Some of WWE 2K's character models have the uncanny valley problem IMO which harms the execution - particularly the female competitors - but I still think it's a net positive change.

# 12 Aleynm @ 09/30/16 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredsmith83
I like it myself, especially when you've got created characters and WWE talent together. Everything will be on a similar level.
I never thought of it from this point of view, also after looking over it some more I think it gives more of classic feel like the N64 games which is a good thing.

# 13 DBMcGee3 @ 10/04/16 09:53 AM
When you say "additional save slots", are we talking CAWs, or do you mean we can have more than 1 Universe going?

# 14 AirJordanFan93 @ 10/04/16 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
When you say "additional save slots", are we talking CAWs, or do you mean we can have more than 1 Universe going?
Multiple Universes

# 15 Reed1417 @ 10/04/16 10:19 AM
Love the choice to go to 3d models. Just makes everything look more official. CAW's won't look out of place that's a big thing for me.

Reed is comin' atcha!

# 16 Mercury112491 @ 10/04/16 01:15 PM
I'm excited about the Promos. I'm just worried about how many of them we go through before they start to feel like a repetitive mini game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 17 adembroski @ 10/05/16 02:25 AM
Universe provides no context. It's just a sandbox and with no goal whatsoever, it feels like busywork. It needs to bring the ratings back from the 3rd gen versions or something.

# 18 AirJordanFan93 @ 10/05/16 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Universe provides no context. It's just a sandbox and with no goal whatsoever, it feels like busywork. It needs to bring the ratings back from the 3rd gen versions or something.
When they first introduced the mode for Smackdown vs Raw 2011 it was marketed as a dynamic never ending Universe that as you said provided no real goal or endgame. I think in recent years they have seen it more as a vehicle to enhance the creation suite since every year that portion of the mode seems to garner much more of the development time and dedication. There are still many issues in the mode that have been around for years that probably will never be solved such as the poor AI booking.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.