Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Madden NFL 17 title update #2 is available now for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, it includes fixes to gameplay, franchise, and Ultimate Team modes. Check out the details below.

Gameplay
  • Tuned Wide Receivers dropping wide open passes to be less frequent
  • Auto-Moves now set to OFF for all MUT Solo Challenges
  • Player-Lock camera fixes
  • Tuned Auto-Broken Tackles to be less frequent
  • Variety of defensive run-game tuning fixes
  • Strip-Ball exploit fixed
  • Fixed issue around clock running out on a defensive penalty
  • Fixed issue with QB’s unable to tackle after throwing an Interception
  • Fixed a variety of rare Special Teams issues
  • Defensive tuning vs. stretch/outside zone runs
  • Addressed a variety of fatigue-related issues
  • Nano-detection System improvements
  • Nano-detection System disabled for user vs. CPU games
  • Fixed 'Ice the Kicker' not functioning in certain situations
  • Addressed users holding kick button to take a delay penalty and re-kicking
  • Fixed issue with user not being able to switch players in co-op play
  • Tuned to WR/DB positioning on streak routes
  • Tuning & Adaptive AI to Linebacker fake-out chances vs. counter plays to make defensive reaction better
  • Kick-Meter Accuracy Range increased on All-Pro & All-Madden
  • Decreased 'nearby player' penalty for defender interceptions, making Interceptions more frequent
Franchise
  • Added ability to save/resume solo Cloud Franchise games
  • Head to head Cloud games will now default to the standard camera
  • Fixed issue where players on IR were counting against active roster
  • Fixed issue where user to user trades could be auto accepted when week advances
  • Many stats and ratings menus are now in widescreen format
  • Fixed issue where some heads appeared incorrect while editing
  • Addressed stability issues in Play the Moment, Training, Formation Subs, and Schemes
  • Fixed issue where some players with preexisting injuries would never return to health
  • Addressed issue where stats are not showing properly when viewed on team goals menu
  • Tuned game regression that can occur for quarterbacks
  • Fixed issue where defensive rookie of the year can show up as offensive player of the year
  • Removed ability for kneeling QBs to be hurt while simminng
  • Adjusted fatigue during Play the Moments
  • Punter stats are now visible in the menus
  • Draft Classes will now have varying penalty traits
  • Highlights menu is now available when ending the game on a simmed play
  • Going for it on 4th downs in Play the Moments have been tuned
  • Strategy suggestions in play call will now track multiple concepts
Ultimate Team
  • Added the ability to add multiple items to a set at once (“Batch-Add-to-Set”)
  • Improved MUT substitution screen UI
  • Chemistry art modifications (larger images!!)
  • Addressed the issue where filters in the Auction House would disappear
  • Addressed the issue where the “Unopened Packs” tile would show 0 even if you had packs unopened
  • Surfaced the “restart” button when failing a Solo Challenge
  • Game speed is set to default for all difficulties including Rookie and Pro (no longer “Slow”)
  • Auto Subs in MUT Solo Challenges are now working correctly

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 bcruise @ 10/04/16 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Glad this is out but darn looks like CPU QB not wanting to run with the ball was not fixed. Not a surprise because I think this is a hard thing to fix considering it was a issue last year to and end up worse after patches and again was a problem this year.
Are you saying this from actual experience with the post patch game, or just from reading the notes? Because....

Quote:
Rex Dickson
‏@RexDEAFootball
@userpic24 Yes. There are lots of additional fixes, the notes are just a high level overview.

# 22 seasprite @ 10/04/16 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisMarina
Nope, QB, RB, TE, WR. It's completely random, tried covering ball with RB, still happens. Happens with Fumbles turned to 99 or 0 too!
I don't know then. Averaging 4 fumbles a game seems ridiculously high. I haven't seen that at all with my CFM against the CPU nor my online 32 user CFM either.

# 23 Datninja619 @ 10/04/16 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HakeemDaDream
I would love to know how this works. Is there an option to save the game in the pause menu or can I just shut the system off mid-game?
If it works like the offline franchises, it's basically a resume feature like other games. If you turn off the xbox or close the application it saves it. Then at the main menu you have the option to continue the game or start over.

However, since this is a cloud CFM, I wonder if it saves/resumes when there is a network disconnection. If you are away from a cloud game for a while, you get disconnected from EA servers. Then you get the stats won't count message.

Can someone test this out.

Hopefully this eliminates the "I got disconnected but I'm winning by 2 TDs at the start of the 4th. Please force win me" people

# 24 Smoke6 @ 10/04/16 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
I don't know then. Averaging 4 fumbles a game seems ridiculously high. I haven't seen that at all with my CFM against the CPU nor my online 32 user CFM either.
Was happening online too except some would get overturned upon review but it was frequent as heck!

The contact with the ball carrier didnt make sense either, shoestring tackle and guys drop the ball as if it was punched out!

But I think this is the most impressive and biggest patch madden as ever had, KUDOS EA!

# 25 KrisMarina @ 10/04/16 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
It is weird, it's frustrating too.

# 26 mathey270 @ 10/04/16 10:05 AM
Addressed stability issues in franchise mode for formation subs? Does this mean that are working properly now and saving?

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

# 27 KrisMarina @ 10/04/16 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Was happening online too except some would get overturned upon review but it was frequent as heck!

The contact with the ball carrier didnt make sense either, shoestring tackle and guys drop the ball as if it was punched out!

But I think this is the most impressive and biggest patch madden as ever had, KUDOS EA!
Yeah, some of the fixes look great. Saw someone post earlier that if the game represents 75% of a Sundays play they're happy and that's me too. I'm happy with the game overall, just sucks sometimes when it costs you games. More relieved to know it isn't just me!

# 28 saybur @ 10/04/16 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathey270
Addressed stability issues in franchise mode for formation subs? Does this mean that are working properly now and saving?

I think they were talking about game freezes occurring in those menus.

I'd love it if formation subs properly saved now tho.

# 29 mathey270 @ 10/04/16 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saybur
I think they were talking about game freezes occurring in those menus.

I'd love it if formation subs properly saved now tho.
That's what I was thinking too

# 30 phant030 @ 10/04/16 10:12 AM
Would prefer kicking to remained same or even made more difficult , they shouldn't be too simple.

If drops less frequent, qb accuracy has to be lower.

I understand addressing user feedback, but devs have to be firm in some aspects and users have to adjust and accept the reality of it. There has to be a possibility of mistakes by Ai and humans.

# 31 bcruise @ 10/04/16 10:14 AM
* Strategy suggestions in play call will now track multiple concepts

That's a big one for me since I like to use those suggestions. All too often it would only give me a single concept with a 2 or 3 very similar plays. I figured something was wrong there - it wasn't like that last year.

Also, LOL @ this comment from Clint regarding NDS being removed from user vs CPU:

@Nterprise_NYY @RexDEAFootball if you wanna cheese the CPU, have at it. If that's fun for you, have a blast

# 32 dpower15 @ 10/04/16 10:24 AM
Can anyone confirm the overall ratings of the players in the draft classes were lowered in this patch as they were with the online patch a few weeks ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 33 niftyjets @ 10/04/16 10:29 AM
Can anyone confirm if the formation subs issue has been corrected?

thanks

# 34 KyGamerLT @ 10/04/16 10:38 AM
How can we see the additional fixes Rex brought up?

# 35 Sturzinator @ 10/04/16 10:38 AM
Don't see anything listed for CPU inability to punt into the wind being fixed, or toning down the grossly exaggerated wind effects?

Edit: perhaps this falls under "fixed a variety of rare special teams issues".

No fix for auto subs, unless the mention of fatigue tweak is related. Hopefully it remedied the disappearing player glitch at the least.

Made interceptions more frequent? Didn't know this was an issue...

Disabled nano detection for user vs CPU games! Awesome.

# 36 woodjer @ 10/04/16 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
I'd be shocked if it wasn't.. but confirmation would be nice.
I would like to know this as well. Since they brought it up as an enhancement to cloud franchises, I would think it would be worth a mention in the patch notes that it's been applied to offline as well.

# 37 themoneyteam1212 @ 10/04/16 10:40 AM
COMPLETE JOKE if they didn't fix the punting issue from the cpu. Im done with this game if this isn't fixed in this update. Next update won't be for awhile I'm sure and they've had time to fix it. Just a complete joke if this wasn't fixed

# 38 Rebel10 @ 10/04/16 10:43 AM
Wow, I am really happy about the Cloud save/resume. It made no sense for why that wasn't available, but it's great to see EA spend some time on it.

I wonder if it also works similar to the offline franchise where if your game freezes/crashes, you can still go back and resume it from an early auto-save. It's a much needed feature given how sporadic the EA Servers and game performance has been over the years.

Also hoping to hear an announcement on the CFM companion app, but at this point, it's late in the season and this doesn't seem like something EA Will releas this year, which is a major bummer.

# 39 snc237 @ 10/04/16 10:43 AM
Nooo kicking was already becoming too easy again and they nerfed it more. Come on

# 40 BadAssHskr @ 10/04/16 10:44 AM
**Added ability to save/resume solo Cloud Franchise games**

I certainly hope this means exactly what i'm hoping it means. I'd love to be able to play longer games, and also pick up games at otherwise impossible to finish a game playing times.

Sounds like a lot of great fixes in this one. I can't wait to see how it plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
Also hoping to hear an announcement on the CFM companion app, but at this point, it's late in the season and this doesn't seem like something EA Will releas this year, which is a major bummer.
I betting it will, just reading some stuff around here pretty well confirms it. I'd probably rather have that App over the patch though quite frankly. Hopefully it's coming extremely soon, the waiting game is starting to get long.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.