Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

NBA 2K17 patch 1.03 is available now for PC users. Patch notes can be seen below.

GENERAL
  • Updated court floors for both the New York Knicks and the Milwaukee Bucks.
  • Uniform improvements including the addition of a number of patches (e.g. Pacers 50th anniversary patch) and changes to more accurately represent uniforms for a number of teams.
  • Addressed an issue where some pre-order users were unable to see the ’92 Dream Team on the Play Now team select menu.
GAMEPLAY
  • Substitutions made during a timeout will now immediately apply, rather than waiting for the next dead ball.
  • Reduced the frequency of lob passes and increased pass speeds across the board.
  • Fixed the 5-Second Closely Guarded rule in Euroleague-rules games such that the violation is only called when the ball carrier is holding the ball (as opposed to dribbling the ball).
MyPARK/2K PRO-AM
  • Voice chatting has been added to the Pro-Am Team Arena.
  • As your Pro-Am Team levels up, you will now begin to see your Sponsors’ logos appearing on your custom arena walls!
  • Pro-Am teams of Elite 4 (and higher) will now see big heads in the crowd of their players during games.
  • The “On The Rise” and “Get Your Feet Wet” achievements should now unlock when the proper criteria has been met.
  • Injuries in MyCAREER will no longer carry over into MyPARK/Pro-Am games. Regardless of your injury status in your career, your player will now always be fully healthy in MyPARK/Pro-Am.
  • The Turbo meter will now flash red when depleted in MyPARK/Pro-Am games.
  • Travelling as a team to Parks and Pro-Am games should now be a lot smoother and more reliable.
  • Once earned, Grand Badges should now properly appear on your player in Pro-Am games.
  • A large number of improvements to the camera system used during Pro-Am games. The entire experience should now look and feel much cleaner.
  • Custom Wall progress will no longer disappear when changing basket types while editing a Pro-Am Team arena.
  • Made a change such that the only whistles you will hear in MyPARK are those from your current game (unless you are walking around).
  • Your Gamertag/Online ID will now correctly show on the back of your team’s Pro-Am jersey.
  • More reliable search capabilities when searching for players in the Free Agency feature of Pro-Am.
  • Corrected a number of animation upgrades for Pro-Am that had incorrect team level requirements.
  • Fixed an issue where the overall rating of another player would display as 55 when viewing their player card during a shootaround.
  • MyPARK intro animations will now be shown with a greater variety when more than one is equipped.
MyCAREER/MyCOURT
  • Corrected a case where users would have an optional practice and a game overlapping on a single day, resulting in the user being forced to simulate to the next game.
  • Proper controls for “Orange Juice” are now shown in the Controls menu in the in-game pause menu.
  • The Ankle Breaker badge should now properly unlock when the appropriate conditions are met.
  • Attributes earned exclusively through off-court events (e.g. free throw shooting, stamina, etc.) should now properly be saved to your MyPLAYER once earned.
  • Coach Brubaker will no longer critique you for missing team practices while you are injured.
  • When playing as a Point Guard, the playcalling menu will no longer be brought up on-screen when attempting to use “Orange Juice” controls with the d-pad.
  • Fixed an issue where your MyPLAYER would sometimes appear out of focus during a post-game interview with the studio crew.
MyGM/MyLEAGUE
  • Removed an errant dialog during MyGM setup that prevented more than one custom-built team from being added to the league at time of league creation.
  • Fixed an issue in MyLEAGUE Online where loaded custom draft classes were not being preserved.
  • User vetoes are now respected in MyGM when your owner approaches you regarding the proposed rule changes for the upcoming season. If you don’t want a rule enacted, say no. If you are interested in the rule, say yes and it will go up for vote with the league.
  • When using a downloaded Team Design, the commentators will no longer refer to the team by an incorrect name.
  • Team Cards will now list team stats for the last 24 years, rather than the current and last season it showed previously. The more information, the better!
  • Fixed an issue where the Advanced Rotations menu was not properly updating following a trade, which could lead to a hang in some cases.
  • Players should now sign for normal contract values when the salary cap rule is turned off.
  • Commentary and crowd sounds will now be heard when jumping into a game that was initiated with SimCast.
  • Playoff stats will now be used in the Team Comparison and Player Comparison menus during the Playoffs (previously used regular season stats).
Many other small bug fixes and adjustments were also made, game-wide.

NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 hawksandrew @ 10/09/16 02:37 AM
This game gets worst every year.

Issues i have come across with this game;

- User players ALWAYS fumble the ball when a good pass is made in the paint, on a fast break or to an open player. This gives the CPU defense to close in an stop the shot.

- I have never seen Kyrie Irvin and Steph Curry fumble the ball or be forced to pick up the dribble after performing a cross over. Additional to that, it is almost impossible to get past a defender and they seem to be a step a head of the play.
- when trying to do a pick n roll or screen, defenders are always a head of the play and stepping around/through the screen, user CPU is never open after a screen.

- Shooting is bad. User players always seem to miss wide open lay ups again. When you get the rebound you miss a wide open dunk, get the rebound, miss the lay up again. Has Lebron ever missed a wide open uncontested dunk before? And what is with CPU always shooting three's and never missing. And why oh why when trying to shoot a standing still three, does the player fade away????

- Free throw shooting seems lost. When shooting the ball, if pulling the R3 straight down, shots will always go right, when pulling R3 slight to the left and down, its a straight shot, surely this would make the shot got slightly left not straight???

- Stealing leads to fouls. Once again it seems like an impossible task to steal the ball, go for a steal and the player gets a hug.
- Trying to block a shot, foul or jumping on the shooters back or dumping him to the floor WWE style.

- Player movement seems to have improved slightly this year but when you move the L3 button to the left your player should in theory move to the left not to the right and away from the opposition. Users don't seem to have full control of their own players. It feels like the CPU is somewhat controlling the user players also.
AI teammates are once again stupid, they run away from the play always leave opposition players wide open and get in the way when following a users opponent. Which team are they playing for?

I recently played Denver in myteam domination, they shot 80% from the field, the real Denver team couldn't do that. I wonder if the developers of this game have actually ever seen a game or even played it before.
How this game got sooooo many 9/10 reviews is beyond me. Maybe those giving the review should wait till after a month to give its review when all the problems start happening.

I really hope 2K bother to listen to the people who play this game and fix the issues but i seriously doubt that.

Oh and speaking of 2K, i recently played the latest weekly challenge and played the All NBA Pelicans, up 7 points with 1min 20secs remaining and about to get the latest token plus MT..... Game crashes with the ps3 screen indicating an error, so i send a screen shot to 2K support and the showed the error code reason and that explains that the game you were playing has crashed, close the game and restart. Do you think 2K would take ownership of their game crashing and giving the customer the token and MT points... NOOOOOOOO. As always the support team don't care about the problems we the users and customers have and Ronnie and Chris the two PR guys always seem to MIA when problems occur and don't acknowledge anyone of the fans with a reason or offers to help.

This is my beef with the game and no matter how much hype they put in every year, it always fails to deliver and lets the fans down.

# 22 MrKilligan @ 10/10/16 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Please make sure you are running the latest NVidia driver. The behavior you describe suggests you do not have it installed.
Thanks for the reply. This solved the issue.

# 23 seanbarkley @ 10/11/16 02:08 AM
Shouldn't the "score counting the bucket before going in" bug have gone with this patch??

I still suffer this issue

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro

# 24 rtm23lb @ 10/11/16 03:52 AM
black arms still!

# 25 trekfan @ 10/11/16 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
Shouldn't the "score counting the bucket before going in" bug have gone with this patch??

I still suffer this issue

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro
Still happening for me as well, but I'm fairly certain that Sim said (in a another thread I can't recall at the moment) that that bug won't be eliminated in the first patch, but the patch after more than likely. Since we've gotten Patch 1, that should be on the docket for Patch 2, but we'll see if that holds.

# 26 trekfan @ 10/11/16 01:58 PM
BUMP: PS4 just got patch 1.04. Notes not yet released. Another 7GB whopper for them.

# 27 sportyfox @ 10/18/16 08:39 PM
Any news about the 1.04 patch for the PC??

# 28 QNo @ 10/18/16 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyfox
Any news about the 1.04 patch for the PC??
It's been out for a while. Same patch notes as consoles, again.

# 29 sportyfox @ 10/18/16 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
It's been out for a while. Same patch notes as consoles, again.
Oh really? Ok thanks.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.