Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

NBA 2K17 patch 1.04 arrived earlier this afternoon for PlayStation 4 users, the official patch notes have just been revealed. Check them out below and let us know what you're seeing.

The same patch is coming soon for Xbox One and PC. While no official release date has been given, they typically arrive a week later, give or take a couple of days.

UPDATE: (10-12) The patch is available now for PC users.

UPDATE: (10-14) The patch is available now for Xbox One users, weighing in at 2.61 GB.

GENERAL
  • Corrected an issue where some postrelease uniform colors would clash with the opposing team’s uniform in certain matchups.
  • After a made basket, the score will no longer update on the scoreboard until after the animation has completed; this should be much less confusing.
  • Fixed a case where your friends list in the Who’s Online menu would disappear while viewing it.
  • Contact Dunk animations should now properly stay equipped on your MyPLAYER.
GAMEPLAY
  • The Relentless Finisher badge should now give the proper bonuses on contact layups when leveling it up.
  • Fixed an extremely rare hang that could occur when a player was attempting to grab a rebound.
MyPARK/2K PRO-AM
  • Fixed a case where certain jump shot animations would result in the shot meter reporting an incorrect very late timing during high-latency situations.
  • Addressed an issue where you would not be granted a win if your opponent disconnected during a Pro-Am Walk-On/Team game under certain conditions.
  • Users in Ante-Up will now always be presented with the correct ante-up amount prior to joining the Got Next queue.
MyCAREER/MyCOURT
  • Corrected a case that would result in loading into a black screen heading into a game.
  • Connection events will now always appear on the schedule once you agree to them/set them up.
  • Addressed a hang that could occur when attempting to enter the 3PT/Dunk Contest when your MyPLAYER was injured.
  • Fixed a hang that could occur when loading into a Live Practice when a number of players on your team were simultaneously injured.
NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 141 33JAF @ 10/12/16 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
2k has ALWAYS been too slow. They shouldn't make the speed of the players based on what looks good but how fast people actually are. I see guys with little to no momentum explode to the basket and get there in seconds. 2k has always been impossibly slow. They don't want people to cheese and they always want the game to look good... But they sacrifice the realistic high speed of the game. Please don't slow it down!!!!?
It's not the game being overall too fast or too slow, it's the inconsistency of speed amongst the different animations. There are some animations that are way too slow, but that doesn't mean the overall game is too slow. For instance, you can blow by a defender and have a clear lane to the hoop, but you go into a slow layup animation that allows the defense to catch up.

It doesn't always happen, but it happens enough that guys like CP3, Tony Parker, Isaiah Thomas, etc..aren't as effective at driving as they should be. These types of quick, smaller guys who don't dunk, but can get in the paint and can be moving pretty fast and not have to slow down much while putting the ball up near the rim, they don't play quite right in 2k. It also has to do a lot with shot context, and being able to adjust the shot based on the defense, but often players just put the ball up like they are unaware of where any defenders are.

# 142 Oldsmobile19 @ 10/12/16 12:21 PM
So after reading everything, I see the negatives outweigh the positives which always happens. I am seeing positive tidbits here and there which is good and I look forward to finally playing tonight. I don't know why people waste their time to constantly complain when I have yet to see any game especially a sports games perfect. Every year it's going to be new complaints and numerous patches because no dev team is perfect whether it's 2K or EA. It just is what it is and options are limited.

# 143 Goffs @ 10/12/16 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YSLxBanks
Are you playing walk on or team Pro am?
Walk on...maybe that's why I'm able to join..

# 144 Vroman @ 10/12/16 12:27 PM
Hearing from reddit that relentless finisher badge again bugged making you miss contact layups even on rookie, anyone can confirm ?

# 145 Chris_geechiano @ 10/12/16 12:34 PM
I'm really confused idk who to believe some of u say the patch is better and some of u say it's no good.

# 146 allpharaoh @ 10/12/16 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
Hearing from reddit that relentless finisher badge again bugged making you miss contact layups even on rookie, anyone can confirm ?
Yup, I was playing pro-am last night and the contact layups I usually take (and make) were all F quality

# 147 Pandetta @ 10/12/16 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatlopuyo
Still no body type fix?

Sorry, I searched a bit but didn't see a thread. What is the issue currently?

# 148 Matt_1979 @ 10/12/16 01:09 PM
Pick n roll seems to have been meddled with. Just played a domination game and couldn't hit the roll man once.

# 149 ELPAGA @ 10/12/16 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnythelegend
What do you mean, haven't tried game with this patch yet
They tuned down sharpshooters a tad bit, and it's must harder to make open shots. Not complaining about it tho

# 150 Petty_KneeGrow @ 10/12/16 01:23 PM
Well, I can finally make a jumpshot in pro am.... I'm ok for now.... maybe I'll find something to complain about later... not that I'm looking!

# 151 Find_the_Door @ 10/12/16 01:23 PM
When's HDR being patched in for PS4?

# 152 fzdoom @ 10/12/16 02:15 PM
Game feels great to me. I totally understand people complaining about "options" and things of that nature, i.e. POE, etc. But why are so many people complaining about defense? I mean seriously, its like some people want every team to play like the 1994 Knicks. Newsflash: A lot of NBA players are bad defenders. Simple as that. If the game is going to be true to life then every player in 2K can't play defense like Bruce Bowen.

# 153 33JAF @ 10/12/16 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fzdoom
Game feels great to me. I totally understand people complaining about "options" and things of that nature, i.e. POE, etc. But why are so many people complaining about defense? I mean seriously, its like some people want every team to play like the 1994 Knicks. Newsflash: A lot of NBA players are bad defenders. Simple as that. If the game is going to be true to life then every player in 2K can't play defense like Bruce Bowen.
You have misunderstood the problems that people have with defense. No one is asking for 94 Knicks defense. There are major problems with defenders getting "stuck" on either their own teammates, or on offensive players who are not even setting screens. Pay more attention to the defense and you will see it. Double team and help def AI are also poor, often leaving shooters wide open. Also, newsflash, it's not just bad defenders doing it.

# 154 RNS1hunna @ 10/12/16 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eich6bc
I'm on X1 so obviously I don't have this Patch yet.

I wanted to ask if this latest Patch fixed the CPU Centers cutting to the basket for an easy 2?

Sent from my iOS using Tapatalk

No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 155 derekwade111 @ 10/12/16 03:12 PM
Still no sign of them fixing the free throw timeout glitch in pro am. That's kind of ridiculous lol. Make your game run smoothly before updating the small things said by 2k developers never.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

# 156 The Yurpman @ 10/12/16 03:21 PM
For the first time in 8+ years I didn't buy 2K. I read about all the issues and decided against it. I got a major urge to buy it today but reading that little to nothing was fixed I decided against buying it. Also I'm on XBOX and apparently they won't get the patch for a little while. In the current state of the game is it worth $65 to you guys? I miss having basketball to play but I'm not going to waste money.

# 157 s.bitar74 @ 10/12/16 03:32 PM
I am still facing saving problems, attribute upgrades are not saved in my career. So when I unlock an upgrade, & I go to the store to purchase it, it is 0, nothing is there. Still can't use the finger wrap, it is just doesn't show, paid for it but nothing apears. The color of any accessories is always the opposite of what the team is wearing, I play with the Lakers, so when I have it yellow, they have the purple one.
I hope you can fix it, we are barely accepting the story line of my career, please don't make it worst.

In My GM, KOBE wears Adidas, crazy 8 nor any new adidas shoe apear in the menu. Also the underarmour were not added. Only Nike new shoes were added, hope you can fix it.

# 158 xzayla @ 10/12/16 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yurpman
For the first time in 8+ years I didn't buy 2K. I read about all the issues and decided against it. I got a major urge to buy it today but reading that little to nothing was fixed I decided against buying it. Also I'm on XBOX and apparently they won't get the patch for a little while. In the current state of the game is it worth $65 to you guys? I miss having basketball to play but I'm not going to waste money.

I decided to finally get it last week and I'm glad I did but just barely. I love the 'feel' of it this year and dribbling is so Much more enjoyable and satisfying when you pull off a great move. It really looks and feels natural. That alone is making it more fun than last year but there are a lot of little things I'm enjoying. The main thing bothering me is green releases always going in but to some people that is no big deal.

# 159 DoutorZion @ 10/12/16 04:26 PM
And relentless finisher is broken again...

# 160 Vroman @ 10/12/16 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoutorZion
And relentless finisher is broken again...
Glad the patch not out yet on PC this time

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.