Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

While it was mentioned last month that NBA 2K17 would support HDR on the PlayStation 4, GameSpot has confirmed the PlayStation 4 Pro will run at a native 4K resolution at 60 FPS.

For those of you on a 1080p display, it will still render a 4K resolution, resulting in "much better anti-aliasing" with HDR support.

2K told us the patch will be available prior to launch of the PlayStation 4 Pro console, which is scheduled to release on November 10 for $399.99.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 dwnz @ 10/15/16 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
Right, they leave that part out of the marketing. You have to think of how the "average consumer" views this type of marketing. If you asked one of them about the 4K consoles they likely think the graphics will be the best-of-the-best because they are 4K. It was just an observation I made on how they are marketing these 4K consoles.
How exactly would you expect them to not leave it out?

"NBA 2K will run at native 4K 60fps on the new PS4 Pro, but we should mention that this isn't going to be at the equivalent level of detail to a far more expensive PC running the same res and framerate on ultra settings", doesn't really have a ring to it.

# 62 fluent2332 @ 10/15/16 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwnz
How exactly would you expect them to not leave it out?

"NBA 2K will run at native 4K 60fps on the new PS4 Pro, but we should mention that this isn't going to be at the equivalent level of detail to a far more expensive PC running the same res and framerate on ultra settings", doesn't really have a ring to it.
Sure doesn't. It would be nice if people knew these things, though.

# 63 dwnz @ 10/15/16 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
Sure doesn't. It would be nice if people knew these things, though.
Honestly, every single person I know interested in games, both in person or across various forums, knows that PCs are capable of higher graphical quality. To act like its some secret that nobody knows about is a bit of a stretch. I'm sure there are people out there who aren't aware, but I don't see why that means any time a console game advertises that its going to be at 4K, that they also need to clarify that higher graphical settings are achievable on a PC.

# 64 fluent2332 @ 10/15/16 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwnz
Honestly, every single person I know interested in games, both in person or across various forums, knows that PCs are capable of higher graphical quality. To act like its some secret that nobody knows about is a bit of a stretch. I'm sure there are people out there who aren't aware, but I don't see why that means any time a console game advertises that its going to be at 4K, that they also need to clarify that higher graphical settings are achievable on a PC.
No need for me to continue on about it so I'll shut up now, lol. I'm glad that console owners will get some version of 4K for their consoles.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.