Home
NHL 17 News Post

NHL 17 patch 1.03 is available now for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Check out the details below.

Game: NHL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 5 - View All
NHL 17 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 il82 @ 10/18/16 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetThePuckOut
NHL 17 Patch V1.03 Available, Here Are the Details
No jerseys and goalie equipment update?

# 2 NinthFall @ 10/18/16 07:48 AM
Still no roster update... who the heck is working on the roster updates? There were like 5 roster updates during september, but none this month, even after all teams already played a few games.

# 3 larma @ 10/18/16 08:03 AM
So pretty much nothing but EASHL and HUT. Interesting to see how the stick lift works now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 4 Nickflyers @ 10/18/16 08:12 AM
Absolutely nothing for Franchise Mode.....

# 5 jake19ny @ 10/18/16 08:20 AM
This is underwhelming to say the least.
No fx to the merge roster bug that causes it to crash
No fix to the odd fanning on slap shots
No fix to horrific goalies in online mode
No new additional gear and was hoping they added masks to the teams that didn't get any in the last patch (maybe in roster update)

I'm sure there is more but that's all off the top of my head.

Still waiting on a roster update to start my season

# 6 Moose24x @ 10/18/16 08:22 AM
At this point I'm pretty much settled with the game I have being the game I get. I just want them to drop an official roster so I can have faces for guys like Matthews rather than creating them myself. I'm going to edit all the ratings anyway, but I can't get started on that project until I have a roster to work with.

# 7 jake19ny @ 10/18/16 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
At this point I'm pretty much settled with the game I have being the game I get. I just want them to drop an official roster so I can have faces for guys like Matthews rather than creating them myself. I'm going to edit all the ratings anyway, but I can't get started on that project until I have a roster to work with.
Agreed. Next patch will most likely be a month away so it is what it is. Need a good roster as a base to work off though

# 8 Guapo516 @ 10/18/16 08:45 AM
I understand the roster update complaints, but the other problems can only be patched when they've found the solution. It's not like these dudes are sitting on there hands not making an attempt to fix the issues.

# 9 Tenorion78 @ 10/18/16 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo516
I understand the roster update complaints, but the other problems can only be patched when they've found the solution. It's not like these dudes are sitting on there hands not making an attempt to fix the issues.
EASports makes so much money off of Madden, FIFA and NHL alone that they could double the staff for each game and not take a financial hit. EA's excuse of "we have twelve leagues to update, not just one" for the roster update is just stupid.

Update NHL & AHL, then run a programming script looking for the same player across all leagues, and then release an update (which they didn't seem to care about in the first place, unless there are two Dan Cleary's with the exact same history).

I love accuracy, but I don't care whether the backup goalie for a team in Europe is perfect - the current rosters are pretty much junk anyway. Most players aside from the top ten on each team are clones of each other anyway. It seems too coincidental to me that hundreds of players have the exact same rating across the board, with one minor (and I mean minor, and I mean one) tweak, like taking their FO from 79 to 81.

If they can't provide updated rosters weekly (or in this case, it's been a month), they designed the game wrong and took on too much. For franchise, if they call the Non-NHL/AHL leagues "North America, Europe, Russia, and World," would it matter?

I get that people like authentic faces, jerseys, etc. (They use the Sabres logo from five years ago, and have the wrong arena name, for example), but I'd take shadow faces for every player if they provided a roster with accurate ratings that reflect a player's historical curve and projected curve. None of it is right.

And again, what's the point of sliders if 90% of the players are barely impacted by a change because their ratings are all the same?

I think HUT it stupid, but I just started to give it a chance this year, a little while ago. I went in to grab my daily rewards, I should have got my rewards for day 3, and it says I'm not getting anything. Nice patch.

I'm sure most of you disagree with me on most of this, but this stuff drives me crazy with my work background being in IT.

# 10 seasprite @ 10/18/16 01:21 PM
Glad to see stick lifts addressed

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

# 11 rjviking11 @ 10/18/16 02:17 PM
They still just don't seem to get it.
MLB the Show: Weekly updates
Madden: started at weekly updates, but now it looks like they are updating every few days.
NBA 2k: almost daily

when 2k can give you updates every day and give you the right rotations for every team after every game. I dont understand why NHL doesn't do this with teams and their lines, it still amazes me. Oh and all of those previous games have roster sharing which NHL STILL does not have yet.

I dont wanna hear the "we have 12 leagues to update". The game is Called NHL 16 not IIHF 16 so you should be worrying about the NHL rosters first and then update the European rosters whenever you can. Its 2016 and they are giving the same amount of updates they were 10 years ago, how can this be acceptable in a technology driven age like this.

# 12 Money99 @ 10/18/16 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjviking11
They still just don't seem to get it.
MLB the Show: Weekly updates
Madden: started at weekly updates, but now it looks like they are updating every few days.
NBA 2k: almost daily

when 2k can give you updates every day and give you the right rotations for every team after every game. I dont understand why NHL doesn't do this with teams and their lines, it still amazes me. Oh and all of those previous games have roster sharing which NHL STILL does not have yet.

I dont wanna hear the "we have 12 leagues to update". The game is Called NHL 16 not IIHF 16 so you should be worrying about the NHL rosters first and then update the European rosters whenever you can. Its 2016 and their giving the same amount of updates they were 10 years ago, how can this be acceptable in a technology driven age like this.
That's what kills me too.
They claim it takes so much work to update all the various leagues but then purposely leave out any association to said leagues in BAP or BaGM.

# 13 jake19ny @ 10/18/16 03:06 PM
All this roster talk would be silenced if they just gave us the very basic and simple, not to mention around for years in other franchises, Roster share

# 14 brandon27 @ 10/18/16 03:46 PM
Yeah, as an offline player this patch does nothing really to help me. That being said, It's nice to see they're providing support for some issues.

I'd really love a roster update more than anything too so we can get those rookies in there to use, but I feel like we'll be waiting a while for that still. I played a few games when this came out, but with Madden and FH3 and F1 out and getting a lot of my time, I just haven't bothered to come back to this since it needs some up to date rosters. The fact roster sharing was left out is still mind boggling to me.

# 15 Steven547 @ 10/18/16 03:54 PM
Looks more like a tuner update than a patch.

# 16 zukes @ 10/18/16 04:58 PM
As usual EA shows what they care about the most and it is not franchise. It's all about online now.

# 17 BlacknBlue @ 10/18/16 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes
As usual EA shows what they care about the most and it is not franchise. It's all about online now.
Funny that offline players feel this way, because online players feel as though the game is beyond broken.

# 18 Nickflyers @ 10/18/16 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBlue
Funny that offline players feel this way, because online players feel as though the game is beyond broken.
Well we can make the game how we like with sliders. Online is stuck with EA's setup so besides the stick lift we offline are pretty happy with the gameplay. Our issues are the Franchise and BAP have issues that, as far as I know(and I've been tweeting at them, posting on their forum and asking on facebook), have not even been acknowledged.

# 19 jeebs9 @ 10/18/16 07:41 PM
I have to agree about the rosters. I didn't expect to see Sidney in the game last night.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

# 20 Freakywwe @ 10/18/16 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
Matthews and Marner has had his face in the game since launch

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.