Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

2K today announced that NBA 2K17 will kick off an unprecedented, in-game music series: Park After Dark, check out the trailer here. Park After Dark will transform and elevate NBA 2K17’s MyPARK mode into a high-energy music destination with special performances from music icons, including Future, Snoop Dogg AKA “DJ SNOOPADELIC”, DJ Premier and more to be announced. These one of-a-kind performances are open to anyone with NBA 2K17 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC.

NBA 2K has history of featuring music icons in-game, from soundtrack curations by Jay Z and Pharrell Williams, to original, custom tracklists from top DJs like DJ Khaled, DJ Mustard and DJ Premier in last year’s NBA 2K16. Music is an integral part of the NBA experience, and as the #1 NBA video-game series, NBA 2K continues to push new boundaries in entertainment – especially as NBA 2K17 Park After Dark will feature an eclectic nighttime setting reminiscent of today’s biggest music festivals, complete with a center stage for the performance featuring a superstar avatar.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 Glenn33 @ 11/18/16 11:38 AM
Now yall just trolling huh? I give up

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

# 22 Man2ManD @ 11/18/16 12:46 PM
Is this going to be for a weekend only?

# 23 Queannn @ 11/18/16 01:06 PM
Will we be able to listen to this music in the menus and all that of is this just another feature for online players ? I mean it's already kind of irritating that certain shoes are only available to my players (CRAZY 8s).

# 24 Queannn @ 11/18/16 01:10 PM
Can someone direct me to a thread on here where my opinions will be heard by 2k people ? I mainly want the ability to WATCH mine/opposing teams games in MYGM, especially in the playoffs. We don't even need VC for that, I'm just tired of building dynasties or seeing other teams dynasties and not being able to see them play unless I have a game against them. Doesn't make sense at all. Overall I've found sliders that work for me and make gameplay enjoyable it's just little thinks missing.

# 25 Guapo516 @ 11/18/16 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
Everything is not a gimmick, cash grab, or something that takes away from the development team fixing the fast breaks or defense. This is a cool extra (like Fitbit) that adds to the experience of the game. If it's not for you no big deal. It's not costing you money and 2k did not choose this over fixing game play. Can we please not go on and on about how bad 2k is for having non gameplay things added for the game? Let's just try at least?

I know this will be ignored but I just had to say it.

True and this was teased before release I believe, so it's not like they said to themselves "the games not great let's ignore that and throw something shiney and new to distract them," but at the same time to me NBA 2K has become more about bells and whistles and incentives to play the game and less about the attractiveness of playing functional fun core gameplay.

# 26 twebb5896 @ 11/18/16 02:38 PM
It looks like a "No Girls Allowed" Rave lol

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

# 27 ruxpinke @ 11/18/16 02:43 PM
Its hilarious watching the trailer, a bunch of dudes dancing, no chicks to be found.

Looks cool will def check it out.

# 28 Glenn33 @ 11/18/16 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo516
True and this was teased before release I believe, so it's not like they said to themselves "the games not great let's ignore that and throw something shiney and new to distract them," but at the same time to me NBA 2K has become more about bells and whistles and incentives to play the game and less about the attractiveness of playing functional fun core gameplay.
That's a fair opinion. But there are other threads to express that. But seemingly everytime a promotion is announced it becomes just a platform to gripe. Enough. Let other members talk about said promotion in that specific thread. Use other threads to list the issues. That's all I ask.

# 29 EveretteWarren @ 11/18/16 02:59 PM
Take that gameplay stuff to another thread. This is about park, not the gameplay. Like Glenn said, there's other threads for that.

Y'all getting to annoying. You know who you are.

# 30 EveretteWarren @ 11/18/16 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceDouglasRules
Great. Sharp shooters hitting contested 35 got jumpers in my face with neon colors and annoying techno music that I can't stand.

This is like handing someone a bowl of poop, then turning their nose up, so you wrap it in flashy neon wrapping paper and try to tell me its different.

....... Just stop... come on man.

# 31 TrueHoliday @ 11/18/16 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxpinke
Its hilarious watching the trailer, a bunch of dudes dancing, no chicks to be found.
They should have called this mode the Blue Oyster Bar 2K17.

# 32 basehead617 @ 11/18/16 03:32 PM
There are girls, dunno wtf you're talking about.

# 33 Guapo516 @ 11/18/16 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
That's a fair opinion. But there are other threads to express that. But seemingly everytime a promotion is announced it becomes just a platform to gripe. Enough. Let other members talk about said promotion in that specific thread. Use other threads to list the issues. That's all I ask.

This is beyond a fair point and on the money.

Not arguing against your point, because I really don't whole heartedly disagree with you, but I just feel that if people could use this or any other 2k article as a vehicle to make a point about the game, they should. As long as they be fair, make a good point that correlates their point of view they're trying to make and the article, and that they aren't trying to be rude towards these people who make the game, then I'm cool. That's just my opinion.

# 34 Quentin32 @ 11/18/16 05:37 PM
This place is filled with too many whiny expletives

# 35 tril @ 11/18/16 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Points for the idea -- that's a cool sounding thing if they can pull it off.

But I hope this has been in the can for awhile and they haven't spent precious time on an extra thing when so many outstanding gameplay/mode issues remain.

This is the least satisfied I've been with a 2K game ever and I'm eyeing the next Live installment to see what, if anything, the EA team has learned.
cosign, with the least satisfied statement, but Im not looking forward to Live.
I have the last 2 installments of 2k to hold me over till next year, unless there is one miracle patch on the way.

with that said, the music feature is a cool idea. it will get me to visit the my park/on line feature. I could see myself throwing down a few drinks, listening to a Primo mix while casually competing online.

# 36 Quentin32 @ 11/18/16 06:59 PM
2K17 dead lol

# 37 basehead617 @ 11/18/16 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhead23
At this point the game is dead. Obviously people will jump back on it cause of this gimmicky crap, but I still doubt it's going to reignite the spark it had in the beginning of the year
Dead? Tell that to the millions of people playing it still online. Hell Christmas hasn't even happened yet.

# 38 MontanaMan @ 11/18/16 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by info0
Well, tried online and it's lag fest. If this goes through will it remove the lag online? No. It will be complete opposite imo, it will add MORE lag to the online game.

You laughed hard? I don't care for gimmick features like that, that is correct. I want them to FIX fundamental issues with game and make it play at least similar to real-life basketball. At the moment it's not playing ANYTHING like basketball. More like FIFA-esque NBA game.

Fitbit is stupid as it is. Fulfill the milestones and you get boosts for your players? Get real. Is it arcade now they sponsor? It has NOTHING to do with simulation and I bet, next year, they will scrap that idea.

Vanilla game was BEST NBA 2k game ever. After patches it feels worse than NBA 2k16. My 2c.
Why don't you post in one of the threads about it instead of derailing this one?

Some people are actually looking forward to this. You're basically trying to shout over those same people so you can be heard.

# 39 kidmadison32 @ 11/18/16 09:07 PM
Sounds nice for the Park people. I hope this adds more music to the in-game soundtrack though....

# 40 E The Rhymer @ 11/18/16 09:09 PM
Apparently you can buy clothes themed for this now. Checked them out and I think I'll keep my VC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.