Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Another Madden NFL 17 title update is available now for Playstation 4 and Xbox One. The update includes gameplay, Madden Ultimate Team and commentary updates based on feedback from the community.

Gameplay
  • Adressed some RAC catch animations that were incorrectly triggering drops in certain situations.
  • Addressed certain situations where Ice the Kicker was not triggering even though conditions were met.
  • Fixed issue where catching a missed field goal in the end zone caused the position of the
  • ball and the direction of play from the field goal play to be used in the play following the turnover.
  • Addressed certain instances of defenders travelling across the field when the defensive play is flipped, instead of switching assignments.
  • Fixed issue where receivers were getting a speed boost by timing the snap with motioning.
  • Fixed several fatigue issues related to weather/temperature penalties for the Away team.
  • Fixed an issue where using the give up mechanic after recovering a fumble would cause the player to fumble again.
  • Fixed an issue where users could consistently place the ball in the coffin corner on a kickoff with an inaccurate kick.
  • Fixed an issue in 3-4 Under where safety was taking himself out of the play vs. outside runs.
  • Fixed a rare issue where the QB would pass the ball backwards when attempting to throw while crossing the LOS.
  • Fixed an issue where user could ice their own kicker when calling a time out during a field goal attempt.
  • Fixed an issue where a successful fake FG run would result in the player being called out of bounds.
  • Fixed an issue where player icons were displaying ‘grey’ color for fatigue on the play call screen.
  • Fixed an issue where the ball would rarely hit the FB when running HB Lead toss out of I Form Tight.
  • Fixed an issue where the wind direction arrow was backwards in CFM.
  • Fixed an issue where increasing the fumble slider was not causing more fumbles.
  • Fixed an issue where Defenders were not always being credited with a Sack and Forced fumble in the Stats screen when causing a sack-fumble.
Madden Ultimate Team
  • Added MUT Head-to-Head Seasons.
  • Added Super Bowl presentation to appropriate MUT Head-to-Head games.
  • Added the ability to give rewards after each MUT Head-to-Head game rather than waiting
  • until the Event is over.
  • Added additional logic to tell how many items you have available to add to a particular set.
Commentary
  • New lines and logic added for post PAT scenarios. This is previously a spot in the game
  • where we had no commentary.
  • New/additional names added for RB’s, QB’s,Kickers/Punters, and WR’s.
  • New postplay analysis from the team for various different situations.
  • Refreshed common touchdown analysis lines, and added additional logic and lines to fire
  • new situational commentary.
  • Hundreds of new lines added to Play the Moment to provide more variety during return to
  • game scenarios.
  • Legends names added.
  • Numerous tuning changes based on common line telemetry.
Stability
  • Various stability fixes in all modes including Franchise and Madden Ultimate Team.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 bcruise @ 11/30/16 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
With a complete uninstall is this possible?
Only with a physical copy. Can't go back to a previous version on digital.

# 82 l8knight1 @ 11/30/16 03:22 PM
The RAC catches then drops were a huge issue for me. That's what I'll be testing.

# 83 BadAssHskr @ 11/30/16 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
The RAC catches then drops were a huge issue for me. That's what I'll be testing.
I'm wondering if this is the reasoning i have my WRC bumped up. It'd be nice to get this slider back down to 50.

# 84 WeimaBrewer @ 11/30/16 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Only with a physical copy. Can't go back to a previous version on digital.
after I uninstall how do I prevent my ps4 from downloading updates automatically?

# 85 awffltony77 @ 11/30/16 03:33 PM
Its like EA accepted payment in exchange for a digital copy of Madden, then took the game from mg too.This doesgt even resemble ghat I purchased in August .

# 86 awffltony77 @ 11/30/16 03:34 PM
Sorry for the g's lol

# 87 bcruise @ 11/30/16 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeimaBrewer
after I uninstall how do I prevent my ps4 from downloading updates automatically?
From the PS4 "dashboard", go to settings > system > automatic downloads and uncheck "Application Update Files". To update games that you DO want to patch manually, press Options and go to "Check for Update"

You will not be able to play online unless you have the current version.

# 88 RogerDodger @ 11/30/16 03:40 PM
Quote:
Is there an option to stop automatic updates being downloaded and installed on PS4?

# 89 booker21 @ 11/30/16 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
Bingo! Same concern for me. I deleted the tuner, used updated rosters, and went back to all-pro default (including CFM auto-subs). Literally everything default. Game played great for me. Worried that downloading this patch will incorporate the tuner. May hold off until I read more post-patch gameplay impressions.

Delete the tuner and it didn't ask me. So it's incorporated.

I'm doom. Why I upgraded? I was on1.5 where madden was a blast. Now with QB acc not working and rushing none exist is a scripted boring game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 90 WeimaBrewer @ 11/30/16 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
From the PS4 "dashboard", go to settings > system > automatic downloads and uncheck "Application Update Files". To update games that you DO want to patch manually, press Options and go to "Check for Update"

You will not be able to play online unless you have the current version.
I have every box in the automatic downloads section UN Checked. I've deleted all Madden 17 files from HDD. It still automatically updates to version 1.07 every time I startup the PS4.

# 91 CleveCluby @ 11/30/16 04:13 PM
Some one from EA needs to explain why they didn't fix the punt issue as the said they would. Where is Clint, Where is Rex.. ANYONE....Someone needs to communicate with us. This is totally ridiculous.

Even if you play the original version right out of the box, with no patches or tune ups. You still have the Punt issue, only difference is it goes 25 yds in the air, comes down and hits your receiver in the head and usually results in the other team recovering.

I simply just don't understand this, They have know for months it is a problem, They even stated it they found a fix and it would be put in the next patch.. SO WHY WASN'T IT. Just give us the option to turn off the wind..

# 92 Valkys @ 11/30/16 04:17 PM
Pretty annoying they haven't fixed the two biggest problems.

Also, I noticed a bug in the commentary since this patch. In my cfm the bengals have a drafted RB called something Hopkins, but the commentators seem convinced he's called Tony Dorsett

# 93 Feros Ferio 7 @ 11/30/16 04:24 PM
I have the disc. I have xbox1. How do I get game back to ono patches so I can actually play it again?

# 94 icicle22 @ 11/30/16 04:52 PM
So I connected and I swear it said the patch was near 8GB on the PS4. I let it go for a while and came back to check and it said it was at 2.4GB out of 2.5GB or something like that. Is that normal? Am I crazy? No way to see how much actually downloaded that I can tell.

# 95 Outkizast @ 11/30/16 05:16 PM
Welp. I guess I can start playing NBA2k until qb accuracy is fixed. I just went 25/30 for 308yds and 2tds in one half with the Lions. On All Madden, 0 qb accuracy, 15 pass blk, 46 wr catch, 70 CPU pass react, 95 CPU coverage... stupid.

# 96 roadman @ 11/30/16 05:16 PM
Man, my respect meter just went down several notches after telling us the punt glitch was fixed.

Now, my wondering mind wonders if Clint meant when he said it wasn't live, it wouldn't make into this title update.

I'm just at a loss for words, a big huge misunderstanding/miscommunication somewhere down the line.

# 97 StefJoeHalt @ 11/30/16 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
Some one from EA needs to explain why they didn't fix the punt issue as the said they would. Where is Clint, Where is Rex.. ANYONE....Someone needs to communicate with us. This is totally ridiculous.

Even if you play the original version right out of the box, with no patches or tune ups. You still have the Punt issue, only difference is it goes 25 yds in the air, comes down and hits your receiver in the head and usually results in the other team recovering.

I simply just don't understand this, They have know for months it is a problem, They even stated it they found a fix and it would be put in the next patch.. SO WHY WASN'T IT. Just give us the option to turn off the wind..
"Sky punt issue" out of box is there but maybe once every two games..

# 98 KingV2k3 @ 11/30/16 05:25 PM
Quote:
I have every box in the automatic downloads section UN Checked. I've deleted all Madden 17 files from HDD. It still automatically updates to version 1.07 every time I startup the PS4.
I just go to PS4 Settings and uncheck the "Connect to the Internet" box under "Network"...

No internet connection = no updates...

# 99 roadman @ 11/30/16 05:49 PM
The QB run glitch(scrambling) looks like it was user only. It was causing QB's not to scramble and according to Rex, it's been fixed, but is not in the patch notes.

I don't think this means, all of a sudden, the CPU Russel Wilson's will take off scrambling down the field.

# 100 BadAssHskr @ 11/30/16 06:19 PM
Maybe there's still a tuner on the way to address the punting? I cant believe they'd deliberately lie about it considering they are in good regards with the community.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.