Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Mike Stauffer (@2KStauff) has sent us the NBA 2K17 roster update details. Check them out here.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 Optimus James @ 12/01/16 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossover1
No Kyrie love? Dude is shooting a career high in PPG, FG%, and 3PT% but is still underrated in terms of his layups and 3pt shot in 2K compared to other top players.

Also, Shumpert is shooting a career high from 3. I don't expect it to stay at 43% but at least give the guy some respect for improving his shooting.

JR needs to be lowered for his awful start as well as Klay Thompson.
you GSW and CAV players who ask for more bumps are annoying.

Its called balance man.. if you take team mates into consideration then you'll understand why some players are already effective enough with the ratings they have.

Kevin Durant is putting 28 ppg on 57% shooting, the pick your poison aspect of his team allows him to do that. It doesnt mean he should be a 99 ovr.

career high from 3 ? Kyrie already can shoot 60% from 3 in game, why would he need a bump ?

# 22 jeebs9 @ 12/01/16 03:04 PM
Quote:
No Kyrie love? Dude is shooting a career high in PPG, FG%, and 3PT% but is still underrated in terms of his layups and 3pt shot in 2K compared to other top players.

Also, Shumpert is shooting a career high from 3. I don't expect it to stay at 43% but at least give the guy some respect for improving his shooting.

JR needs to be lowered for his awful start as well as Klay Thompson.
Got to agree here (on Shump). Expect the Kyrie part. I just played my first game with the Cavs last night. He got a small update. But all of his offense ratings are as high as they should be. His layup are 97 right now. Med range 96 and three 85. Cant ask for much more without it being over the top. JR got a drop. He was contest 90 and Open 89 from 3. Now he is 85 and 84. Which was good in my opinion.

Klay... I think probably should dropped no less then 87-88 from 3. It's still very early in the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDawg5
This...

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvn1
Anyone know where I can go to find a detail breakdown of what attributes went up or down for the players effect by this roster update?
2kMTcentral did an awesome job last year but they are not doing it this year. I wish I could find another person or website like that.
Got to agree here. But no human in the world could keep a database on these rosters changes. You could only check a few things here and there. This has to come from 2k. I already twitted Beds twice about it. But he hasn't said anything about it. So I'm guessing we probably won't get that back. All we can hope is ,maybe next year they bring it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbashay
I understand spurs haven't played as well as they could past week, but still kawhi gets dropped 8pts off 3pt rating from where he started while klay still keeps his 90 rating despite shooting 36% from 3!?! On another note, kawhi's handles need an increase from the 70 which it stands and his ball with speed should not be lower than his speed rtg, especially considering Julius Randle, Diaw, Gallinari, MKG, Parsons, draymond, and Blake Griffin all have higher ball handling rtgs. And I still don't understand how a two time dpoy doesn't have a HOF defensive badge or at least a 99 on on ball definitely, but curry can have 99 across the board for 3pt shooting.
TOTALLY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID!! Especially the Handle part for K-WHY. Definitely needs his handle upped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus James

Its called balance man.. if you take team mates into consideration then you'll understand why some players are already effective enough with the ratings they have.

Kevin Durant is putting 28 ppg on 57% shooting, the pick your poison aspect of his team allows him to do that. It doesnt mean he should be a 99 ovr.

career high from 3 ? Kyrie already can shoot 60% from 3 in game, why would he need a bump ?
I don't like these kind of posts. Say reasons why... like I did. Starting off the Fan boy talk isn't fair. He might be just like me and literally playing with every single team or just wants players to play like they are playing (say that 10 times fast)

# 23 Saro1 @ 12/01/16 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbashay
I understand spurs haven't played as well as they could past week, but still kawhi gets dropped 8pts off 3pt rating from where he started while klay still keeps his 90 rating despite shooting 36% from 3!?! On another note, kawhi's handles need an increase from the 70 which it stands and his ball with speed should not be lower than his speed rtg, especially considering Julius Randle, Diaw, Gallinari, MKG, Parsons, draymond, and Blake Griffin all have higher ball handling rtgs. And I still don't understand how a two time dpoy doesn't have a HOF defensive badge or at least a 99 on on ball definitely, but curry can have 99 across the board for 3pt shooting.
Agree with you, I think they need to low Leonard overall and decrease his stats at random.

# 24 CookNBA03 @ 12/01/16 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DblocW
Anywhere i can see what exactly was changed? I use this for myleague
2KHead needs to get updated with this stuff.

# 25 CookNBA03 @ 12/01/16 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Been through this already. No site anymore.

Also I found this gem.

Westbrook is one of a kind

Check out @jeebs9's Tweet: https://twitter.com/jeebs9/status/80...943242754?s=09

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Why? The sites were so damn helpful for people.

# 26 jeebs9 @ 12/01/16 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookNBA03
Why? The sites were so damn helpful for people.
I guess you should be asking the project managers of 2k. They changed their format for the website build and my team cards. I'm guessing they didn't think it was needed or that important.

# 27 HolyStroke3 @ 12/01/16 08:50 PM
Did the roster update change sock colors in old rosters?

A MyLeague I started a month ago now has the Warriors wearing white socks at home

# 28 kingmobz23 @ 12/02/16 02:15 AM
love the updates but seeing im a heat fan i see these things but James Johnson been having great games, he should atleast be rated a 75-77 hes been doing thins Deng was doing for miami but yet hes a 73 still

Wayne ellington just got back and has already had 2 great games dropping 22 + 17, so a raise in rating wud be great he has also been playing great defense on guys bigger than him so atleast a 75ovr
willie reed shud be a 72 atleast
Tyler Johnson shud be a 77-78 by now as well he hasnt gotten an increase all season but has been playing great off the bench
thats all. not crazy upgrade but right ones.

Kyrie shud be raised to a 90 but 2K dont wana have an extra 90 to go with Lebron
Idk how Varejou is a 73 that guy shud be a 68

# 29 jeebs9 @ 12/02/16 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmobz23
love the updates but seeing im a heat fan i see these things but James Johnson been having great games, he should atleast be rated a 75-77 hes been doing thins Deng was doing for miami but yet hes a 73 still

Wayne ellington just got back and has already had 2 great games dropping 22 + 17, so a raise in rating wud be great he has also been playing great defense on guys bigger than him so atleast a 75ovr
willie reed shud be a 72 atleast
Tyler Johnson shud be a 77-78 by now as well he hasnt gotten an increase all season but has been playing great off the bench
thats all. not crazy upgrade but right ones.

Kyrie shud be raised to a 90 but 2K dont wana have an extra 90 to go with Lebron
Idk how Varejou is a 73 that guy shud be a 68
You do understand overall ratings mean nothing here. And you mention a players who only played 2 games and he needs a boost lol. Yea man. Do some homework my man.

First off Kyrie can't boosted up anymore then he already is. All his offense ratings are as high as they can be. 96 from med range, 85 from 3, 97 layup and 98 ball handling. You can't boost it anymore. And you definitely can't boost anything of his defensive ratings.

# 30 Crossover1 @ 12/02/16 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus James

I get it. I asked for boosts for one of the two teams no one likes to play online. My problem is that there are discrepancies between him and others who are shooting similar percentages or even lower but are ranked higher. But if it makes you feel better, go ahead and get angry because I want boosts AND nerfs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
First off Kyrie can't boosted up anymore then he already is. All his offense ratings are as high as they can be. 96 from med range, 85 from 3, 97 layup and 98 ball handling. You can't boost it anymore. And you definitely can't boost anything of his defensive ratings.

Kyrie had a 94 driving layup rating when I checked last night. Not bad, but I think most of us can agree that he is probably the best under the rim finisher in the league; whereas Steph and Westbrook (and maybe a few others) are ranked higher than him which is total bs.

And how in the world does Klay have a gold defensive stopper badge but Iguodala a silver? Iggy and Draymond should be the only ones on that team with the gold defensive stopper badge. Klay is apparently a better defender than LeBron too lol.

# 31 Optimus James @ 12/02/16 11:54 AM
Quote:
I get it. I asked for boosts for one of the two teams no one likes to play online. My problem is that there are discrepancies between him and others who are shooting similar percentages or even lower but are ranked higher. But if it makes you feel better, go ahead and get angry because I want boosts AND nerfs.

Kyrie had a 94 driving layup rating when I checked last night. Not bad, but I think most of us can agree that he is probably the best under the rim finisher in the league; whereas Steph and Westbrook (and maybe a few others) are ranked higher than him which is total bs.

And how in the world does Klay have a gold defensive stopper badge but Iguodala a silver? Iggy and Draymond should be the only ones on that team with the gold defensive stopper badge. Klay is apparently a better defender than LeBron too lol.
I just think its weird people still put so much stock in ratings when it was established 10 years ago that the only thing that matters is if they perform like their real life counter parts.

Its was well known that 78 ovr bench players can still outperform a prime Rondo (90+ ovr)

# 32 Saro1 @ 12/02/16 02:05 PM
2K ok. Warriors are beasts but I don't accept that Pachulia make 2/3 or even 4/4 contrasted stepback from the middle every game I play against them.

# 33 trusaleen1 @ 12/06/16 07:47 PM
Guys i know this is time consuming, but what i did is go to the roster creator under the options, download the new roster and then review all the attributes. Then I take a photo with my phone of those and make any changes necessary to my current league

# 34 ClevelandFan @ 12/09/16 09:55 PM
So, when is Kyrie going to get that 90 he deserves? And Love should be about the same the way he's been playing.

All-NBA level.

# 35 Barncore @ 12/13/16 01:35 AM
Does anybody know whether 2k make changes to things other than attributes? I.e. animations, gear, badges, playtypes, tendencies, etc?

# 36 MoneyOvaHuds @ 12/14/16 08:54 AM
All I know is KD finally admitted he's 7 feet tall now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.