Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

We have captured a bunch of MLB The Show 17 screenshots from the trailer that was released earlier today. While the quality isn't going to be as good coming from a video, these will have to do until we get actual in-game screenshots.

If there are some things you spot from the screenshots, let us know what you're seeing!

MLB The Show 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB The Show 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB The Show 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB The Show 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB The Show 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB The Show 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 countryboy @ 12/03/16 04:44 PM
Man I love seeing Griffey and his swing/follow through in this game. Cannot wait to play as "The Kid" again.

The shot of the StatCast is intriguing. Curious to see how much of this is implemented into the game.

And I know its not popular opinion on the boards, and that's fine, but I think the game looks good.

# 2 underdog13 @ 12/03/16 04:46 PM
Yeah I'm not disagreeing with others when they say it looks the same as last year, cause it does. It's just to a point where I'm fine with that as it looks so good. Rather have more improvements to game modes than graphics/game play at this point.

# 3 jeffy777 @ 12/03/16 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
And I know its not popular opinion on the boards, and that's fine, but I think the game looks good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Yeah I'm not disagreeing with others when they say it looks the same as last year, cause it does. It's just to a point where I'm fine with that as it looks so good. Rather have more improvements to game modes than graphics/game play at this point.

Agreed. I'm more interested in physics improvements, hit variety, a deeper RTTS, etc.

# 4 brandonm117 @ 12/03/16 05:08 PM
Are the Indians not going to have red undershirts/sleeves for their main home uniforms? If not, that's unfortunate. I know they have to abide by those official team colors or something.

# 5 countryboy @ 12/03/16 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonm117
Are the Indians not going to have red undershirts/sleeves for their main home uniforms? If not, that's unfortunate. I know they have to abide by those official team colors or something.
A question like this most likely will not be able to be answered until closer to release.

# 6 jpup @ 12/03/16 05:36 PM
They need to update the umpires uniforms and equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 7 bigdipper88 @ 12/03/16 05:50 PM
New Balance is in! Yessss

# 8 Scott @ 12/03/16 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
This is huge for those of us who do equipment edits.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
I'll be excited for this. Now if I can find out if Home/Away options are in.

# 9 PVarck31 @ 12/03/16 05:59 PM
Love the Griffey shots. But Lindor's face is still last years horrible look.

Also it looks like they still don't have the Indians red base layer.

I really hope these get fixed.

# 10 Scott @ 12/03/16 06:05 PM
Quote:
This so much. Would be heaven for equipment editors. I definitely want to get with you and others on the equipment project next year.

I'm hoping we can get it squared away, so that the equipment edits can be in V1.

# 11 Scott @ 12/03/16 06:07 PM
Quote:
Yeah. We should get a thread going and start planning early for sure.

The best way will be once the season actually starts, because most people change their gear after Spring Training. If the rosters are out about a month after the game releases, that puts us in a great position.

# 12 Scott @ 12/03/16 06:13 PM
Quote:
I meant mostly to plan team coverage and stuff like that.

Deciding if I am going to do another Phillies equipment thread next year or not. May just have it on a spreadsheet.

I can at least cover the AL West. The biggest thing is I want uniformity as far as gloves/shoes go.

# 13 ShowTyme15 @ 12/03/16 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I'll be excited for this. Now if I can find out if Home/Away options are in.
I'm hoping for home/away options in the editor. I've been asking for this 3 years now.

# 14 Turbojugend @ 12/03/16 08:01 PM
Did someone say old Yankee Stadium is in? 'Cause that gives me hope for the other PS3 classic stadiums, as well as more ST/MiLB parks.

# 15 RoyalBoyle78 @ 12/03/16 08:04 PM
I'm getting the Pro for sure!!! Probably get one in February. As a HUGE METS Fan this is a must

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

# 16 dran1984 @ 12/03/16 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpup
They need to update the umpires uniforms and equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As well as the managers/coaches dugout jackets. They need updated badly. It would be nice if they would give custom styles to individual managers.

# 17 breakfastcat @ 12/03/16 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
As well as the managers/coaches dugout jackets. They need updated badly. It would be nice if they would give custom styles to individual managers.
Agreed. Most managers these days wear team hoodies instead of the old style jackets.

# 18 tnixen @ 12/03/16 11:00 PM
Numbers on Jerseys backs are still to low.

Man why can't they fix this already?

# 19 Cam Fan @ 12/04/16 09:15 AM
I'm fine w/ the models...but what I'm NOT fine with is the movement/animation. The running animations are the same for YEARS!

# 20 forme95 @ 12/04/16 09:22 AM
I saw the trailer on FB, and it looked really good. It has got me really excited to see the upgrades this year. I cant wait till they start talking about it. There was a quick scene that looks like RTTS will be more interactive. I dont really care for the throwback (arcade) Griffey thing, but it looked good enough if its a have a few minutes to do something pointless type of thing. All in all, the trailer does have me excited for 17.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.