Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Madden NFL 17 title update #8 is available now, check out the patch notes below.
  • Addressed a gameplay issue where a receiver who was hot routed would switch back to his previous assignment if he was motioned and not fully set.
  • Addressed a gameplay issue where the QB would freeze after hot routing a running back and motioning him out before he became fully set.
  • Various upgrades to improve the Madden Ultimate Team Holiday experience.
  • Enhanced preparations to help deal with the upcoming Freeze.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 DeuceDouglas @ 12/13/16 10:31 AM
Unfortunate that the punting issue and QB accuracy still go untouched but this TU looks like it was a direct result of what happened in the Madden Classic a little over a week ago. The QB freeze glitch happened in the grand finals and pretty much cost one of the players the game.

# 2 BadAssHskr @ 12/13/16 11:00 AM
Quote:
Enhanced preparations to help deal with the upcoming Freeze.
What's this?

Anyhow, i was excited to see the patch when i logged on this morning, was definitely hoping for more after reading the notes.

# 3 JayD @ 12/13/16 11:00 AM
Last game; CPU punts the ball for 25 yards setting me up for a game winning field goal. This really needs to be addressed.

# 4 N51_rob @ 12/13/16 11:06 AM
Amazing how fast they fixed that QB glitch after it cost a guy a game in the Madden Classic....Only been in there since launch.

# 5 N51_rob @ 12/13/16 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
What's this?

Anyhow, i was excited to see the patch when i logged on this morning, was definitely hoping for more after reading the notes.
99.9% sure this is a MUT event/card pack thing.

# 6 JayD @ 12/13/16 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Amazing how fast they fixed that QB glitch after it cost a guy a game in the Madden Classic....Only been in there since launch.
What the heck is Madden Classic?

# 7 cuoreceltico @ 12/13/16 11:33 AM
another useless update cool

# 8 Kodii Rockets @ 12/13/16 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD

Includes video of said issue at the 5:15 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYBSGO0w048

# 9 Charvalos @ 12/13/16 11:37 AM
I remember when Clint told me EA do care about offline/simulation crowd.

Punting issue ? Still there
QB Accuracy (or sliders issues) ? Still there.

But a fix is needed for online gameplay ? Fast fast, we need to pop out this fix or we'll lose money !

# 10 roadman @ 12/13/16 11:44 AM
No way would this title update be for the OS crowd, after seeing a title update a few weeks ago. Clint mentioned the next big title updates comes in December or January. I don't consider this a big title update at all and no one else should, either.

# 11 timhere1970 @ 12/13/16 12:15 PM
Punting is still fixed. We just don't deserve it.

# 12 esham313 @ 12/13/16 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Madden Classic looks like cheese fest

# 13 CleveCluby @ 12/13/16 12:22 PM
Enough is enough. EA said the punt issue WAS FIXED a month ago before the patch but didn't include it in patch 7; it just fell off for some unexplained reason. Patch 8 and nothing again. Now an OL player whines because of an issue that cost him a game and EA bends over backwards to patch it immediately within two weeks time. Make all the excuses you want for them, it is obvious that OL comes long and far before offline franchise people. Of course the big sell advertisement was all Franchise this year. What a joke.

So if the punting issue was FIXED as CLINT said, then why wasn't it added to this amazing quick fix for On-liners. Guess it just isn't important enough for us. What about the games the punting issue has cost me? Guess that don't matter either.

In the meantime, we wait for absolutely NOTHING, Maybe they will fix it during the middle of baseball season long after FB season is over. Or maybe in Madden 18, but I have lost total faith and I personally don't think the issue has been fixed nor will it be.

I will believe it when I see it, but at this point I feel I am blind.

# 14 SpaceBoyXVII @ 12/13/16 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
No way would this title update be for the OS crowd, after seeing a title update a few weeks ago. Clint mentioned the next big title updates comes in December or January. I don't consider this a big title update at all and no one else should, either.
Agreed, this was purely for UT only, preparing for the Christmas promo as well.

# 15 steelersd26 @ 12/13/16 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charvalos
I remember when Clint told me EA do care about offline/simulation crowd.

Punting issue ? Still there
QB Accuracy (or sliders issues) ? Still there.

But a fix is needed for online gameplay ? Fast fast, we need to pop out this fix or we'll lose money !
This is why EA needs competitors. Not that I would buy their games, as I've played Madden and only Madden my whole life, but I'm sure the overall quality of the game would be much better if 2K and other developers began making NFL games. Lose the license, EA!

# 16 T4VERTS @ 12/13/16 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersd26
Lose the license, EA!
Talk to the NFL about that, EA purchased what was offered. I'm sure they would buy a license even if it wasn't exclusive. For some reason people blame EA for this, it was the NFL that wanted to reduce it to a single license. They provide oversight on almost every aspect of the game (Classic No Fun League) and having to only oversee a single game is easier.

# 17 steelersd26 @ 12/13/16 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
Talk to the NFL about that, EA purchased what was offered. I'm sure they would buy a license even if it wasn't exclusive. For some reason people blame EA for this, it was the NFL that wanted to reduce it to a single license. They provide oversight on almost every aspect of the game (Classic No Fun League) and having to only oversee a single game is easier.
That's a good point, I know it's not EA's fault since they just took what was available to them.

# 18 Charvalos @ 12/13/16 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
Yes, but a the end, it is still EA who make the game.

# 19 timhere1970 @ 12/13/16 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersd26
That's a good point, I know it's not EA's fault since they just took what was available to them.
Regardless of who is at fault we the fan are suffering due to the business decisions made based on no competition. They are sound business decisions for the set of circumstances they operate under. Once we buy the game there is nothing more in it for them to cater to us. At this point I would prefer a non nfl football game to what madden offers. Punting worked in football games 25 years ago. They mEssed it up with a patch and then said they had it fixed but refused to put it in two patches now. Nobody can defend that as the actions of a company that cares about quality.

# 20 redsox4evur @ 12/13/16 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
Enough is enough. EA said the punt issue WAS FIXED a month ago before the patch but didn't include it in patch 7; it just fell off for some unexplained reason. Patch 8 and nothing again. Now an OL player whines because of an issue that cost him a game and EA bends over backwards to patch it immediately within two weeks time. Make all the excuses you want for them, it is obvious that OL comes long and far before offline franchise people. Of course the big sell advertisement was all Franchise this year. What a joke.

So if the punting issue was FIXED as CLINT said, then why wasn't it added to this amazing quick fix for On-liners. Guess it just isn't important enough for us. What about the games the punting issue has cost me? Guess that don't matter either.

In the meantime, we wait for absolutely NOTHING, Maybe they will fix it during the middle of baseball season long after FB season is over. Or maybe in Madden 18, but I have lost total faith and I personally don't think the issue has been fixed nor will it be.

I will believe it when I see it, but at this point I feel I am blind.
This issue wasn't fixed because some guy whined he lost 100K on a game of Madden. ALL THE PLAYERS KNEW OF THIS ISSUE GOING INTO THE TOURNAMENT. DJones in a moment forgot this glitch was in the game because he started to fall off. So no the issue the was not fixed because DJones complained to Madden that he lost the championship over this fix. Also you're really gunna tell you wouldn't complain that you just got 100K taken away from you because of a stupid glitch that shouldn't be in the game? Please, no you wouldn't.

And I watched the Madden Classic final the night it aired it was not cheese. It was pretty sim football. The only thing that really wasn't sim was SpotMePlz going for it on 4th down. And I brought it up in a Twitch stream I was watching the next day. And the streamer said that coaches if they were playing with a 4 minute clock they probably wouldn't punt the ball either. So in reality you could actually debate whether that move by SpotMePlz was actually sim or not.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.