Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Mike is back with episode two of the Expansion MyGM vBlog -- this episode talks about how franchise modes can better utilize graphic design and present news in franchises even better.

Beyond that we get a look at the Grackles roster as it comes together in the expansion draft and we debate a few decisions on the roster as they come up in our first stages of our expansion franchise. Also, we dive into the expansion/relocation and team design engines.

There's a lot of good discussion in this one, give it a watch and add your own thoughts on how games could improve graphic design and present in-game news better!

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Dyslexicphish @ 12/22/16 02:10 PM
I agree that the UI is in desperate need of an overhaul. I disagree, however, on using a show similar to sportscenter or what NFL 2K and College Hoops had to give that info. While I like the idea and would certainly welcome it back I think having to sit through it repeatedly would slowly grow tiresome when you sometimes want to get straight to something like scores, trades and injuries.

What I propose would be a homepage for mygm/myleague that resembles something like ESPN's website. At the top would be scores around the league. In the middle would be headlines and pictures highlighting the most significant pieces of information. I'm talking about major injuries, free agency signings, game results between top tier teams etc. Maybe even generated blurbs from players based on their personality.

The objective would be to push information that has a significant impact on the league to the forefront. Don't make users have to hunt for info like where a major free agent signed, an injury to a star player or a big trade between teams. This would make MyGM and MyLeague feel more like a living, breathing league. I feel like there is just so much information that really significant info tends to get lost in the fold. I love these modes but too often I feel like I have no idea what is going on around the league.

# 2 Mike Lowe @ 12/22/16 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyslexicphish
I agree that the UI is in desperate need of an overhaul. I disagree, however, on using a show similar to sportscenter or what NFL 2K and College Hoops had to give that info. While I like the idea and would certainly welcome it back I think having to sit through it repeatedly would slowly grow tiresome when you sometimes want to get straight to something like scores, trades and injuries.

What I propose would be a homepage for mygm/myleague that resembles something like ESPN's website. At the top would be scores around the league. In the middle would be headlines and pictures highlighting the most significant pieces of information. I'm talking about major injuries, free agency signings, game results between top tier teams etc. Maybe even generated blurbs from players based on their personality.

The objective would be to push information that has a significant impact on the league to the forefront. Don't make users have to hunt for info like where a major free agent signed, an injury to a star player or a big trade between teams. This would make MyGM and MyLeague feel more like a living, breathing league. I feel like there is just so much information that really significant info tends to get lost in the fold. I love these modes but too often I feel like I have no idea what is going on around the league.
Great suggestions, sir!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.