Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

When I start MyGM in NBA 2K17 one of the first things I do is look at my team roster. What are its weaknesses? Who are my best players? Who can I unload to try and improve my team?

One thing that is thoroughly enjoyable (for me at least) is taking my team and building a powerhouse based on youth and potential. The team might be average to begin with, but after a season or two and some improvement in player ratings, my young studs usually grow into seasoned monsters.

I’ve taken the liberty to list the top five young players at each position that have high potential and ceiling to target that can help your team out, either immediately or after a few seasons of growth. Players are listed based on in-game overall; potential and basic info can be seen as well.

Read More - The Best Young Players to Sign in NBA 2K17: Point Guards

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Slyone14 @ 01/24/17 06:22 PM
Interesting, now the hard part. Obtaining any of these guys via trade because you will have to give up the kitchen sink sadly.

# 2 Tybudd @ 01/24/17 08:50 PM
Why would I give up, lets say, Dame Lillard for Kyrie, even though it should be a 1 to 1 trade, they'd ask the Blazers for a first round pick and another player.

I swear sometimes the trade logic is too harsh

# 3 335TDC @ 01/24/17 11:07 PM
Having Kyrie on this list is just silly. Better to include Exum, cap it with Schroeder (or even omit him, too), and limit it to developmental PG's with high ceilings.

# 4 OGKing @ 01/25/17 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335TDC
Having Kyrie on this list is just silly. Better to include Exum, cap it with Schroeder (or even omit him, too), and limit it to developmental PG's with high ceilings.
I agree on Exum, in my third 76ers Franchise and dude is a beast.

# 5 RoyalKrimpet @ 01/25/17 11:05 AM
Exum, Payton, & Whitehead need to be on this list.

# 6 xzayla @ 01/25/17 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335TDC
Yep, I use Exum as my shooting guard and he is fun to play with.

# 7 Guido90 @ 01/25/17 05:00 PM
Where is D'Angelo? 😳

# 8 turty11 @ 01/25/17 06:30 PM
can the list atleast be realistic trade targets are actually decent players?

kyrie, never leaving cleveland via trade outside of 2k.

delon wright? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

lets see... ish smith, terry rozier, tj mcdonell, dante exum, jordan clarkson is probably available now that LAL is converting ingram to a point guard. theres your "5 to target"

# 9 H0VADIP0 @ 01/26/17 08:52 AM
Dejounte Murray is up there for me.

# 10 SocaWarrior13 @ 01/26/17 09:08 PM
Some of you guys have definitely mentioned players that are list worthy, but as mentioned, I chose players based on their overall and THEN potential rating.

2K17 has a good system for filtering by specifics and these are the top 5 I got out of it.

335TDC, you touched on something that I've got on my shortlist - a developmental player top 5.

# 11 mryan2 @ 01/29/17 09:56 AM
i moved Ben Simmons to a PG. he's been all defense twice. All NBA once and is a triple double machine.

# 12 MrBallaBoy21 @ 01/29/17 01:03 PM
Schroder's contract is horrible lmao. I'm not trading for that small fortune. Does he demand that much in free agency? Sheesh.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.