Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

When I start MyGM in NBA 2K17, one of the first things I do is look at my team roster. What are its weaknesses? Who are my best players? Who can I unload to try and improve my team?

One thing that is thoroughly enjoyable (for me at least) is taking my team and building a powerhouse based on youth and potential. The team might be average to begin with, but after a season or two -- and some improvement in player ratings -- my young studs usually grow into seasoned monsters.

I’ve taken the liberty of listing the top five young players at each position who have high potential and a high ceiling. You can target these players to help your team immediately, or after a few seasons of growth. The players are listed based on in-game overall; potential and basic info can be seen as well.

Read More - The Best Young Players to Sign in NBA 2K17: Shooting Guards

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 ViewsFromTheP @ 01/30/17 12:02 PM
May want to look at Jamal Murray, I'd take him over Fournier and Middleton any day of the week. In year 3 of my Nuggets franchise, his overall is up in the low 80's and he is deadly from 3 and gets to the rim well. Not the best defender but he can flat out score and handles the bell well enough to be a combo guard. Plus he's extremely young and has A- potential.

# 2 335TDC @ 01/30/17 02:32 PM
If you're starting my GM, why in the HELL would you put Bradley, Beal, and McCollum over Booker? If you have upgrades, Booker is in the high 80's by age 21-22. You can claim that potential matters here, but it's just a straight list of OVR with low potential as a disqualifier. MyGM -- age/potential/contract should matter WAY more than OVR so long as the OVR's are close...

# 3 OGKing @ 01/31/17 01:00 PM
Where is KCP out of Detroit?

# 4 tetoleetd @ 01/31/17 03:36 PM
zach lavine should be on this list. hes only 21, he has good size, elite athletic ability, he can nail threes, shoot mid range and excels at getting to the rim. decent handles. id rather build around him than any other SG on your list.

# 5 luke4387 @ 02/04/17 08:45 AM
Malik Beasley always does a brilliant job for me. Bradley is too small for me to play SG and Booker should be #1 due to his age, skillset and potential.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.